Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamakasi Catleap monitor club.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Gotham

/\/ollog wrote: »
    differences.jpg
    Like seriously, what's the difference?
    The difference is most likely the resistance of the wire. If the cable is longer or the gauge (thickness) is too weak, then you wont get the bandwidth you need to OC high enough.

Most of the time, cheap cables are just as good as expensive cables when dealing with digital signals, HDMI and DVI. You are actually pushing this hardware to its limit and your experiencing the different between a good quality cable and a "bad" one.

Try looking for a 24 gauge cable, the cables that come with the Catleap might be 28 gauge and if you want a longer cable; you're going to want a lower gauge than your "broken" cable to even think of pulling that off. (Lower gauge DIV cable = thicker wire).

• Registered Users Posts: 54,181 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Does anyone have the catleap wall mounted and how?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭alwayssideways

Headshot wrote: »
    Does anyone have the catleap wall mounted and how?

Yes I mounted mine recently. The trickiest part is removing the original stand, but here is good guide on how to do so.

http://120hz.net/showthread.php?210-Catleap-Stand-Information

Does anyone have the Catleap wall mounted and how?
    The Catleap has VESA wall mounts on its back. You have remove the stand and some of the cover to get to it.
    VESA is a standard mount configuration that most wall brackets support. You can even buy compatible brackets in Tesco.

Thanks lads. The removal of that stand does look tricky alright, very tricky indeed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

The stand mount was the main reason I went with a Shimian. Very easy to remove, it was just 1 screw IIRC. (Could be a useful piece of info for future buyers).

fcilc7.jpg

wall mounting is very important to me, so I have to take that into consideration. Is there such a big difference between the Shimian and catleap?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bacon and Cabbage

Have the catleap mounted myself. Didn't find it too difficult to remove the stand. I wouldn't worry too much about it tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

a deciding factor for me was the potential to overclock. only the catleaps can.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Does anyone here actually have a 2B?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Collected my green-sum catleap q271 from dhl today,
    Happy camper :-)

Stuxnet wrote: »
    Collected my green-sum catleap q271 from dhl today,
    Happy camper :-)

Did you get a 2B from 120hz.net?
    Or buy directly from Greensum?

Gotham wrote: »
    Did you get a 2B from 120hz.net?
    Or buy directly from Greensum?

green-sum on ebay,

Customs?

Customs?

Just out of curiosity, did Greensum ship the bare Catleap box? Or did they put it inside a brown cardboard box.?

I'm asking because I want to see if customs guessed what was inside it or if they could clearly see what was in the box. I rang up customs about the Catleap and they gave me a TARIC code that said it was 0% import fees, and I've been told that they guess whats in the box if they don't have a code to work with.

Post some pics if you have them :)

(Also congrats!)

ya came in catleap box, and was only wrapped in clear bubble wrap, so it was obvious what it was :-p

pic :http://i46.tinypic.com/eze9w9.jpg

in the middle of building a new rig (first time build :) ), will post the whole lot next week, after I get the rest of my parts :)

So if they can't tell what's in it, most likely you'll get away without custom charges?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

ya came in catleap box, and was only wrapped in clear bubble wrap, so it was obvious what it was :-p

pic :http://i46.tinypic.com/eze9w9.jpg

in the middle of building a new rig (first time build :) ), will post the whole lot next week, after I get the rest of my parts :)

Did that skull gave it away?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Other way round, if I'm understanding it, which would mean Stuxnet was charged when he shouldn't have been.

• Advertisement

Serephucus wrote: »
    Other way round, if I'm understanding it, which would mean Stuxnet was charged when he shouldn't have been.

what you mean..? surely you have to pay import duty on anything you bring in from abroad, which is what I paid to dhl ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I rang up customs about the Catleap and they gave me a TARIC code that said it was 0% import fees, and I've been told that they guess whats in the box if they don't have a code to work with.

That's what I was talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Does "fees" mean everything though?

You could be exempt from import duties but not from import VAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

Monotype wrote: »

You could be exempt from import duties but not from import VAT.

We has this discussion earlier in the thread, I think the consensus was we do not pay any import duties on most electrical imports but we have to pay Irish VAT on the product.

So yeah what Mono said :P

So if they can't tell what's in it, most likely you'll get away without custom charges?
    If they cant tell, they have to guess and they usually slap a high price on it to be conservative.
    But if there's a TARIC code on the box, they might decide to accept the code instead of investigating it.
    Sometimes the codes' descriptions are vague enough that one item might come under several categories.
    Take for example these two codes:
    8528510090 (this is 0% from Korea)
    8528594020 (this is 9.3% from Korea and 14% from elsewhere)

The LCD screen can come under either at the discretion of customs.
    You may also ask the seller to include this code on the box; "EU Taric Code: XXXXXXXX", but what happens after that is pot luck.
    Monotype wrote: »
    I'm talking purely about import duty fees here.
    what you mean..? surely you have to pay import duty on anything you bring in from abroad, which is what I paid to dhl ?
    It depends on the product and it's intentional use and where it's coming from.

If they cant tell, they have to guess and they usually slap a high price on it to be conservative.
    But if there's a TARIC code on the box, they might decide to accept the code instead of investigating it.
    Sometimes the codes' descriptions are vague enough that one item might come under several categories.

Thanks Gotham

I hope to order catleap off this seller http://feedback.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=tgvmall&&_trksid=p4340.l2560&rt=nc&iid=271049830233&sspagename=VIP:feedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

I like his offer auctions. I also asked one of his previous customers about their transaction on a cat leap and they couldnt say enough on how good the seller was. Better than Greensum from what iv been told.

what I like to know what should I tell the seller to put in the TARIC code, to ease the custom charges on me?

what I like to know what should I tell the seller to put in the TARIC code, to ease the custom charges on me?

This is the code the customs lady gave me: 8528 51 00 90
    It's 0% import duty.

Unfortunately, they can decide that the code comes under something else so you need to just cross your fingers and see what happens. If it's DHL that charge you then you can probably give them a call and try to work it out.

The bottom line: expect to get charged, consider it a bonus if you dont.

Phibsboro wrote: »
    (base model comes w only a dual link DVI connection, this is the one gamers go for on the (belief?) that the other inputs add lag).

The reason isint that the "other inputs add lag", it's that the models that have the other inputs have video scalers. This scaler allows the image to be scaled up to full screen (because consoles cant/wont do >1080p right now), but it's done by a chip in the monitor, as opposed to a chip on a graphics card. This really does add extra input lag.

The monitors with only one Dual Link DVI input don't have a scaler because they were never intended to be used with devices that cannot scale (Since every remotely modern graphics card will do that for you).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

The reason isint that the "other inputs add lag"

This really does add extra input lag.

... :p:D

• Advertisement

Phibsboro wrote: »
    ... :p:D
    The scaler adds input lag, not the extra inputs. I'm just trying to explain why.

Advertisement