Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamakasi Catleap monitor club.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

To people that have one:

Do you find it too big for gaming? I play a good bit of Team Fortress Classic and plan on playing newer FPS games when I have a PC that can run them and there has been some suggestion that 27" is just too big for playing fast paced FPS games.

I know a 22" TN panel would be better for FPS games, but I'm no professional gamer or anything so once its not too outrageous I'll be happy with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

I sit approximately 1m away from mine and find it ideal for gaming. I'm not a massive FPS head myself but you could always use the GPU scaling to reduce the size of the displayed area for FPS games if needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    To people that have one:

Do you find it too big for gaming? I play a good bit of Team Fortress Classic and plan on playing newer FPS games when I have a PC that can run them and there has been some suggestion that 27" is just too big for playing fast paced FPS games.

I know a 22" TN panel would be better for FPS games, but I'm no professional gamer or anything so once its not too outrageous I'll be happy with it.

Love it for FPS everything is larger and easier to spot RTS' take some getting used to but i've never had any problems playing any games on it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Cool thanks for the comments lads. Eased my mind. Think I'll have to get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

going by my F2000 stats and P90 stats, im in the top 2% and top 4% respectively in the world in BF3. take it with a grain of salt, but it does mean im fairly competitive. going back to 1080p would definitely hold me back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Dothehustle

Right after the lg turn out to be 1080p and the one from Overclockers is after jumping up in price i decided to bite the bullet and order a catleap for my self
    Ordered it from BigClothcraft
    So how long will i have to wait for it to come through

once its dispatched it'll be 5 - 7 days.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Right after the lg turn out to be 1080p and the one from Overclockers is after jumping up in price i decided to bite the bullet and order a catleap for my self
    Ordered it from BigClothcraft
    So how long will i have to wait for it to come through

Just had a look at that sellers page, some amount of monitors going on there, which one you getting?

• Advertisement

dust being caught in it ???

is there a better type to get ??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Has that seller got anything you would recommend tea bag?

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

Meh, I'm still looking to spoil myself with a 27" 2560x1440 @ 120Hz... seems this is next to impossible to find / buy. The catleap extremes had to be OC'd for this and they're incredibly difficult to get at any reasonable price.

Is there anything out there?

dust being caught in it ???

is there a better type to get ??

yea, dust can be a real problem for some of the people who ordered a tempered glass. its a pity, because i think it looks better with the glass.

its just another risk that comes with it. imagine getting dead pixels and dust. nightmare.
    Dcully wrote: »
    Has that seller got anything you would recommend tea bag?

from him in particular,

standard catleap + speakers(cheaper than without speakers!)

Multi-input catleap (multi's becoming much more affordable these days!)

Matte screen catleap!

you dont have to limit yourself to bigclothcraft, but he does seem to be the most competitive at the moment though.

Id probably pay extra for a pixel test. email him to find out if/how much he does it for.
    Saadyst wrote: »
    Meh, I'm still looking to spoil myself with a 27" 2560x1440 @ 120Hz... seems this is next to impossible to find / buy. The catleap extremes had to be OC'd for this and they're incredibly difficult to get at any reasonable price.

Is there anything out there?

its next to impossible to buy because its technically pushing the limits of so many parts of the display, GPU and cable. manufacturers wouldn't be able to make one and guarantee it'll work for a few years.

even the 2B/extreme catleaps aren't guaranteed to run at 120hz. most people hit 100hz, but few 120hz+

the technology isnt there yet. once displayport takes over, and AMD/Nvidia give us a high frequency RAMDAC (>400hz) they can look into it seriously again.

how many games can you run at 2560*1440@120fps anyway?

EDIT:

I didnt realise there was much confusion over models and makes. If i have time later today ill get a mod to add something to the OP about what variations you can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

Tea_Bag wrote: »

its next to impossible to buy because its technically pushing the limits of so many parts of the display, GPU and cable. manufacturers wouldn't be able to make one and guarantee it'll work for a few years.

even the 2B/extreme catleaps aren't guaranteed to run at 120hz. most people hit 100hz, but few 120hz+

the technology isnt there yet. once displayport takes over, and AMD/Nvidia give us a high frequency RAMDAC (>400hz) they can look into it seriously again.

how many games can you run at 2560*1440@120fps anyway?

That's a shame, I guess there's nothing to do but wait. I've been really tempted to try 120Hz after hearing so much about it. But I've also been spoiled by having 27" 2560x1440, and can't imagine having to go back to 1920x 1080/1200!

About how many games can I run at that rez and refresh? Honestly, I don't know - but I'm more than happy trying to find out :D

trust me on this, 1080p looks like blocks. tried going back for a day, and it was awful.

honestly, ive become a resolution snob. The first thing I do when looking at phones/tablets/laptops is check their resolution.

i cant wait for 4k to come out. bonus jizzing when we watch PS4/Xbox720 try to game at 4k. thats a wonderful looking slide show you got there, is that the new halo 5?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i am still confused with a sea of catleaps out there!

i am still confused with a sea of catleaps out there!
    are you looking for multiple inputs (ie DL-DVI + HDMI)?

are you looking for multiple inputs (ie DL-DVI + HDMI)?

i dont really care about multiple inputs. in fairness as long as it is hooked in, it does not move anymore. all i will need is a way to hook my 2x2312hs and one big 1440p bad boy to my 680. so i got 2xdvi,hdmi and full size DP.

by your own opinion which on on ebay you would buy,seller, model. even direct link to the product? does it costs more for pixel perfect one?

i dont really care about multiple inputs. in fairness as long as it is hooked in, it does not move anymore. all i will need is a way to hook my 2x2312hs and one big 1440p bad boy to my 680. so i got 2xdvi,hdmi and full size DP.

by your own opinion which on on ebay you would buy,seller, model. even direct link to the product? does it costs more for pixel perfect one?
    this one. it'll cost extra for a pixel test, you'll have to email him about it though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

yea looks like it. prices now hover around $400, whereas it was $350 before.

wtf, did he askedfor pixel perfect one and got 25 dead pixels?!

this one. it'll cost extra for a pixel test, you'll have to email him about it though.

is that price with shipment included or there is extra?

shipping is free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

shipping is free only thing that may come it play is customs

so 300eu+ customs. not bad.

i just payed 400eu for 3 month tax on two cars. i got 300eu in cash for xmas now, though i am not so comfident after this morning car tax rape. :(

i will wait for next week and might just go for the one you linked Tea_bag. ifthat monitor in overclockers will drop back to 299£ i will get it then. no way i will touch it for 359£ when there are catleaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭vard

I was looking at possibly buying another Catleap. Just looking at the prices here - I bought one during the summer for £184 - the prices have gone up lots!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

vard wrote: »
    I was looking at possibly buying another Catleap. Just looking at the prices here - I bought one during the summer for £184 - the prices have gone up lots!

I'd be all over it for that price.

• Advertisement

yea, dust can be a real problem for some of the people who ordered a tempered glass. its a pity, because i think it looks better with the glass.

its just another risk that comes with it. imagine getting dead pixels and dust. nightmare.

Yea i know
    Well after ordering last night i emailed him straight after about getting the pixel check.I forgot I ordered from korea and thought i would get a reply in the morning . He said they couldn't do the pixel check on it i would have to look at a different one .. as sure will see how it comes off

Advertisement