Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamakasi Catleap monitor club.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Pixel check might be a bit of a scam. They charge more for the pixel check. Then if you end up getting some dead pixels they offer you a small refund about the same as the cost of the check.
    Not many people would want to send it back to Korea when it's a nice screen with so many pixels that you have to look very close to find dead ones.
    No real incentive for them to actually do the check.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Just ordered this one

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/New-YAMAKASI-CATLEAP-Q270-SEi-27-LED-S-IPS-2560X1440-WQHD-6ms-DVI-D-PC-Monitor-/140853868709?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item20cb8b78a5#ht_37501wt_1159

€295 inc shipping then whatever customs charge me.

Fingers crossed i can get close to 60 fps with my 660ti @ such a resolution, if i have to tone games down from ultra @ 1920X1200 to medium/high @ 2560X1440 then no hassle , ill then grab a better card for that res at a later date.

What connections comes with it guys or do i need grab anything?

Thanks to everyone for advice,links etc in this and the DGM thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it only has a dvi port so you'll need a dual link dvi cable, it comes with one though

one tip, when it arrives.. turn the brightness down using the monitor menu. it ships with a stupidly high brightness level

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Dcully wrote: »
    Just ordered this one

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/New-YAMAKASI-CATLEAP-Q270-SEi-27-LED-S-IPS-2560X1440-WQHD-6ms-DVI-D-PC-Monitor-/140853868709?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item20cb8b78a5#ht_37501wt_1159

€295 inc shipping then whatever customs charge me.

Fingers crossed i can get close to 60 fps with my 660ti @ such a resolution, if i have to tone games down from ultra @ 1920X1200 to medium/high @ 2560X1440 then no hassle , ill then grab a better card for that res at a later date.

What connections comes with it guys or do i need grab anything?

Thanks to everyone for advice,links etc in this and the DGM thread.
    you'll need a kettle lead to power it.

what games do you have?

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    you'll need a kettle lead to power it.

what games do you have?

A kettle lead? seriously? lol

I have hundreds of games,all the latest ofcourse.
    Currently playing planetside2,BF3,Far Cry3,Assasins creed3 etc.

• Advertisement

A kettle lead? seriously? lol

I have hundreds of games,all the latest ofcourse.
    Currently playing planetside2,BF3,Far Cry3,Assasins creed3 etc.
    yea. it comes with a korean plug so either a converter or a €2 kettle lead.

PS2, BF3 and FC3 are all going to take a hit, but the 660ti is pretty decent.

Im really interested in your comparison to the u24.

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    yea. it comes with a korean plug so either a converter or a €2 kettle lead.

PS2, BF3 and FC3 are all going to take a hit, but the 660ti is pretty decent.

Im really interested in your comparison to the u24.

I have a few cables from other monitors lying around will they suffice?

Yeah im keen to see how it compares to the U24 also, im going to keep it until i get the catleap and if im happy with the catleap ill sell the U24 on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

as long as they're the same as your psu cable

Yeah im keen to see how it compares to the U24 also, im going to keep it until i get the catleap and if im happy with the catleap ill sell the U24 on.
    if youre not, ill take the catleap.

Reading over on the overclockers catleap club thread seems more people are having bad luck with their monitors.
    To say im getting nervous about mine is an understatement, shipping back to Korea seems way to expensive to even consider.
    I knew the risk involved and the temptation was just too hard to ignore but at the same time im thinking the worst already and it still hasnt left Korea :(

• Advertisement

most people who get one wont have an issue and they wont sign up to post on OC, people who do have issues are more likely to sign up and complain so it just seems like lots of people are having issues

most people who get one wont have an issue and they wont sign up to post on OC, people who do have issues are more likely to sign up and complain so it just seems like lots of people are having issues

Thats probably true to be fair.

Seems my monitor is now in Dublin, wonder how long before i get it.

depends on customs. if customs are bastards, tomorrow (maybe even monday) but I think today isn't outside the realm of possibility

depends on customs. if customs are bastards, tomorrow (maybe even monday) but I think today isn't outside the realm of possibility

Status updated to

The shipment is pending completion of customs inspection.

Next Step:
    The status will be updated following customs inspection. A DHL representative will attempt to contact the importer if additional requirements are necessary.

How do they make contact?

I used my wifes ebay account but i dont see phone number or anythign in her details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Wow, it seems that monitor has gone up in price to €406 now!

Moon54 wrote: »
    Wow, it seems that monitor has gone up in price to €406 now!

:eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

:eek::eek::eek:

This i suffix is just that they allow 20 dead pixels too.

Looks like the boat may have sailed.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Gotham

How do they make contact?

They mail you a bill afterwards. They have your address now.

Gotham wrote: »
    They mail you a bill afterwards. They have your address now.

Thanks man.

Any ideas how long it will be in customs?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuTDzkLDoLrsdFdvNU8xZVl1MnZsQnA5RjFOQzBiT3c#gid=0

here has a list of what various people paid in customs although there's no guarantee you'll be as lucky/unlucky as anyone else. seems to be a bit of a crapshoot

• Advertisement

Thanks man.

Any ideas how long it will be in customs?

When it arrived in Ireland, I rang DHL to try collect it (I couldn't wait for the delivery).
    I went up to DHL at the airport, I had to wait an hour because it was just off the plane and they needed to take it out of the metal containers used during flight.
    It went through customs (in DHL) and was given to me directly, I had it in about an hour and a half after arriving.

Maybe my presence rushed them, but that's what I was hoping for.

mine was in customs for near a full day iirc although it's possible it was just not entered as exiting customs until late in the day

When it arrived in Ireland, I rang DHL to try collect it (I couldn't wait for the delivery).
    I went up to DHL at the airport, I had to wait an hour because it was just off the plane and they needed to take it out of the metal containers used during flight.
    It went through customs (in DHL) and was given to me directly, I had it in about an hour and a half after arriving.

Maybe my presence rushed them, but that's what I was hoping for.
    Didnt know you could do that, jaysus im tempted to take a spin up :P
    But knowing me it will pass me by the other direction on the N7 on its way to me lol.

Didnt know you could do that, jaysus im tempted to take a spin up :P
    But knowing me it will pass me by the other direction on the N7 on its way to me lol.

I rang them up to find out where it was, and when they said it was at DHL - Dublin Airport. I asked to go pick it up and they were fine with it. I'm not sure you could just go and pick it up without making the phone call first.

Ring 1890725725, at the very least they will give you a number to another office that will help you.

I rang them up to find out where it was, and when they said it was at DHL - Dublin Airport. I asked to go pick it up and they were fine with it. I'm not sure you could just go and pick it up without making the phone call first.

Ring 1890725725, at the very least they will give you a number to another office that will help you.

Aye just off the phone to them , they said its usually within 24 hours and i should have it by tomorrow.
    Didnt bother asking about collection,tied up here anyways so would of been a major headache to make time for a drive up.

Thanks again lads.

DHL just rang me and stuck me with a bill for €57 , paid by cc.

So total of €352 for the monitor, fingers crossed its a good one.

57? :/
    guess you were unlucky

they seem to pull these numbers out of their asses going by the distribution on the spreadsheet

57? :/
    guess you were unlucky

they seem to pull these numbers out of their asses going by the distribution on the spreadsheet

Yeah at first i thought 57 fcuk i was screwed then when i looked at the spreadsheet more closely i didnt do too bad, hopefully the fact ive paid now speeds things up, delivery tomorrow would be nice and then the stressful first few mins when i boot it up with crossed fingers and eyes lol.

€352 in total isnt bad if it turns out to not have too many defects and proves reliable.

yeah it's still a great price for what it is. I love mine.

be prepared for a little bit oflight bleeding on the sides, I got a bit on the top/bottom but i've had the monitor for about five-six months now and I don't even notice it anymore. i'd actually forgotten all about it until I thought to mention it just now. if there are any problems, a couiple of dead pixels or light bleed.. don't panic .. unless it's absolutely massive you'll forget all about them over time

and as I said earlier be sure to turn the brightness down on the monitor controls

• Advertisement

Yeah to be fair im prepared for some little issues.

Advertisement