Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamakasi Catleap monitor club.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Seriously i dont even notice the single dead pixel now, its so fecking tiny.
    The latest ASUS is meant to be kick ass but its €700 or so, a single tiny pixel thats very hard to see for half the price? no brainer to me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

the dell u2713hm works out at just over 450 with that offer in the bargain alerts, is there much difference between that and the price of one of these?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

are you rucking fetard?
    indough wrote: »
    the dell u2713hm works out at just over 450 with that offer in the bargain alerts, is there much difference between that and the price of one of these?

the u27 is a better monitor, but it has AG coating, which i dont personally like, although most do. well its €100 more expensive, but the way of getting it seems odd. will parcel motel insure it for €450 for £10.50 theyre charging?

im not in dublin, so i couldnt avail of parcel motel even if i wanted to.

its a decent price for the u2713 anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

parcel motel are in lots of places in Ireland except dublin

• Advertisement

parcel motel are in lots of places in Ireland except dublin
    really?!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Opening sligo Galway etc too

fecking hell there's one 5 min from me!

And your first 2 drops are free!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

I've one 5 minutes walk from my house :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

there is one in cork... so how it works with parcel motel anyway? if they dont ship to ireland, will they still ship to parcel motel?

When ordering you put in the parcel motel Belfast address, When your package arrives in Belfast they Take 3.50 from your account. Your package is at your selected motel the next day waiting to be collected. You have 48 hours to collect it

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah they ship to parcel motel in the north and they bring it to you. Beats the Hello out of stupid prices like 15-25e for small things from the UK sometimes

Ah loving the Catleap tbh, my biggest issue by far is the stand, its really poor.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Hmm. I decided against a catleap cause I figured my 660ti would crap its pants on sight, as I get a lot of stuttering in Arkham City when outside with everything on Max including PhysX; thanks for the insight DCully! The supplier you guys buy from should only be an hour away from me, I might consider it. Currently using a 37inch 1080p TV as a monitor lol.

Andy!! wrote: »
    Hmm. I decided against a catleap cause I figured my 660ti would crap its pants on sight, as I get a lot of stuttering in Arkham City when outside with everything on Max including PhysX; thanks for the insight DCully! The supplier you guys buy from should only be an hour away from me, I might consider it. Currently using a 37inch 1080p TV as a monitor lol.

Mate your 660ti is perfect, read the copy paste i linked earlier, its from an expert, 2GB Vram is more than enough.
    Im running BF3 .Planetside2,Far Cry 3 all max or ultra settings and easily getting 60 fps.
    Arkham City is a ****ty port, thats a well known fact.
    Seriously dont use that as a benchmark.
    Seriously your insane if you miss out on one of these monitors thinking your 660ti will crap its pants.
    The benchmarks are there, its every bit as good as the 7950 @ 2560X1440
    Your welcome to come to my place to take a look, trust me you will wet your pants.
    For the love of God dont think your 660ti wont do it justice, i havent even overclocked mine and im seeing amazing performace, just turn leave AAX2 or turn it off, i see no difference with or without.

Here you go :

- 4GB/3GB of vram is NOT needed for running a single 1440p/1600p monitor and is for people running 1440p/1600p eyefinity/surround setups period.

- 2Gb of vram is more then perfect for any SINGLE 1440p/1600p monitor and will run with zero hiccups

- 1GB/1.5GB of vram is good enough to run 1440p/1600p easily, BUT there are the exception of a few games when AA is turned on you will run into a vram cap, so if no AA is on you will run 1440p/1660p fine
    **AA is not needed for 1440p/1600p because of the amount of pixels, AA is needed at 1080p**

- Ok now the touchy subject MODS, i am someone who does not care for mods, so all of the above are true and apply to me. for those who decided they like running excessive texture mods in games like skyrim for example, 2GB of vram will get you by with a few decent texture mods on 1440p, not 100% sure about 1600p. for those wanting to run excessive amount of texture mods purchase a 3GB/4GB card and you will have no issue with hitting the vram cap. users using 1GB/1.5GB of vram dont really recommend running texture mods because your will hit the vram cap fairly easily.

- Lastly for those running under 1GB of vram you will be able to run the 1440p/1600p monitors and even game on them as long as ANY texture/shader settings are turned down to low/med settings.

@iARDAs please sticky this, im tired of seeing countless questions on weather the "X" amount of vram will run 1440p/1600p screens.. now they have there answers

Aye aye thats what I was thanking ye for, for posting that :P Will try and have a look at them from the seller himself, I live in Korea so dropping round to yours aint on the cards hah! :D

Might look into it more tomorrow and get a 20 on him and pay a visit next week.

Dcully, honestly m8 now. how much you have dial down from 11 on 1440p? i know you are very fond of your 660ti, but how much of performance hit do you suffer? what did you had to put lower?

you can get it even cheaper than he'll sell it to you for if you go to G.market (not that i know where that is), but they're around €200 iirc.

http://english.gmarket.co.kr/

you should be able to test them there and then for dead pixels.

hmmm. how much is shipping from SK? wanna pick me up one too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Honestly a bit lost atm with these. I just cant decide what i want from a monitor it would seem, well i do but i cant get what i want without compromising on one thing or or another.

What's the input lag like on the Catleaps is it comparable with the DGM? 30ms on the DGM is putting me off although i have no idea what the input lag on my current montior is (Samsung T260) but being a TN panel i would guess between 10 and 15 ms

what to do what to do

catleap is ~5ms.

its easily the best IPS you can get as far as input lag is concerned. it has no scalar.

Dcully, honestly m8 now. how much you have dial down from 11 on 1440p? i know you are very fond of your 660ti, but how much of performance hit do you suffer? what did you had to put lower?
    I just turned off AA

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    you can get it even cheaper than he'll sell it to you for if you go to G.market (not that i know where that is), but they're around €200 iirc.

http://english.gmarket.co.kr/

you should be able to test them there and then for dead pixels.

hmmm. how much is shipping from SK? wanna pick me up one too?

Oh **** really? Thats like the online store for Korea. I guess the equivelant would be Amazon. I had no idea thanks for the heads up.

Koreans love the 'cash price' concept (i.e. basically sans VAT) so I wonder if I could get it even cheaper from him.

I'm open to the idea of helping some boardsies out but would have to research that.

EDIT: they're surprisingly expensive through GMarket. Deffo not going through them hah!

Dcully wrote: »
    I just turned off AA

At that resolution why you would even want it! I don't even like it at 1080p!

My visa limit is only 500eu and I just bough tax and it is -240. I got 400eu sitting in cash at home lol. Wil have to get to bank next week so. I can't believe I will say it, but I start hating cash :D

So annoying too. When you don't have spare cash - you would buy a planet it self, when you got saved up money, you see 100000 options and don't want to pull the trigger :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Oh **** really? Thats like the online store for Korea. I guess the equivelant would be Amazon. I had no idea thanks for the heads up.

Koreans love the 'cash price' concept (i.e. basically sans VAT) so I wonder if I could get it even cheaper from him.

I'm open to the idea of helping some boardsies out but would have to research that.

EDIT: they're surprisingly expensive through GMarket. Deffo not going through them hah!

Well Andy if you could pick one up for a few boardies and test them out I would deffo be willing to take one off ya ;) And paypal a few pennies to you for the trouble!

Another reason why I'd wanna buy face to face with the guy; checking for dead pixels.

Grim. wrote: »
    Honestly a bit lost atm with these. I just cant decide what i want from a monitor it would seem, well i do but i cant get what i want without compromising on one thing or or another.

What's the input lag like on the Catleaps is it comparable with the DGM? 30ms on the DGM is putting me off although i have no idea what the input lag on my current montior is (Samsung T260) but being a TN panel i would guess between 10 and 15 ms

what to do what to do

Grim i went for the Catleap in the end because over on the overclockers forum some people said they got rid of their DGM because of input lag.
    I only realized this after reading the whole thread and only after the review i linked in the DGM thread mentioned 28ms.
    It was my only concern with the DGM apart from the bios not showing up with some cables.
    Others in that thread say they dont notice input lag.
    It boiled down to, do i take the risk with the Catleap or risk input lag with the DGM, i chose the Catleap as input lag to me would be a total killer and delighted i did, its super fast,looks simply mindblowing,yeah i have one dead pixel about 4 inches from the middle of the screen but seriously its microscopic small, i only noticed it because i was so worried about dead pixels almost obsessive before it arrived.
    I swear to God i have to move my eyes to about 4 inches from the screen and have totally black background hold my head very still and squint to even see it.
    I really cant emphasize enough just how tiny it is, imagine how small it is among 3.5 million other pixels :)
    Thats no exaggeration, i took a photo on my 5MP phone and it doesnt even pick it up, i grabbed ther wifes 8MP digital camera and it too doesnt pick it up.

Honestly lads anyone sitting on the fence worrying about dead pixels need to understand just how tiny they are, 1 microscopic dead pixel out of 3.5 million on a massive 27" 2560X1440 stunning looking,super fast monitor all for €350 = The best bargain ive ever got in terms of PC Hardware.

@ Shadowhearth, No you dont need AA @ such a res :)
    Hell i even dislike it @ 1080 as it makes things blurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

which seller on ebay did you buy off Cully? cant find Greensum, BCC are still there but prices seem to have gone to over 350 now +shipping

• Advertisement

Advertisement