Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamakasi Catleap monitor club.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

This Potalion (my one) is under €300 delivered.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Dcully wrote: »

yours was 329 in november lol!

That second one has 50$ shipping.

The potallion looks good.

Are th tempered glass ones really that bad from catleap? They are the cheapest. Under 300.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Who would people say are the best three catleap suppliers, from personal dealings?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

in no particular order, Greensum, Bigcloth, Samsung_Korea and 1 or 2 others whos name slips me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Doesn't matter if you can't see them when the screen is on. I would buy that but I would have to see it in West meath first so nope.

technically, thats a crossover, unless theyve changed stands recently?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

yours was 329 in november lol!

That second one has 50$ shipping.

The potallion looks good.

Are th tempered glass ones really that bad from catleap? They are the cheapest. Under 300.

I got mine for €285 last Saturday evening.

Yeah, it was E249 recently so it's crazy how much it's gone up now.

How would this graphics card fare with a catleap

http://lb.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=57697&agid=1165

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Depends on the game and the settings. And what fps you consider acceptable.

Most played Games are Football Manager , Skyrim, BF3 and Minecraft. What fps would ye deem acceptable?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

With the amount of people sitting on the fence inld. myself we really should all order together and get some kind of discount....I count at least 4 trying to make up their mind lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    With the amount of people sitting on the fence inld. myself we really should all order together and get some kind of discount....I count at least 4 trying to make up their mind lol.

Add me to that!

Just ordered my new PC a minute ago from hwvs, so will hopefully be getting a catleap in the new year when I get some more money.

Not a bad idea, surely they could do us some sort of a deal!

if we got a good deal I'd do it yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Most played Games are Football Manager , Skyrim, BF3 and Minecraft. What fps would ye deem acceptable?

60 fps is normally what I aim for. You might have to drop some settings to medium in BF3, Skyrim should be fine with high settings. The other 2 games are not graphic intensive so no problem there either.

Dont hesitate if you can get a Catleap,Potalian,Crossover,Shimean etc for €300 or less.
    I hesitated for 6 months,tormented myself, bought a U2412M, while i was very happy with it, it was still 1920X1200 and i couldnt get 2560X1440 out of my head.
    Countless hours reading, researching until i just got fed up of it.
    Last weekend i had my credit card in hand about to buy the ASUS 27" 2560X1440 monitor [dont recall model number] until i was about to checkout and it was almost €700 i just couldnt justify that price even though i knew i was getting a great monitor.
    It wasnt until the wife said to me if i wasnt happy to pay that much just take a chance on the Catleap,if it worked out id have a bargain if not feck it just get over the loss "and stop going on about it" lol

Dcully wrote: »
    Dont hesitate if you can get a Catleap,Potalian,Crossover,Shimean etc for €300 or less.
    I hesitated for 6 months,tormented myself, bought a U2412M, while i was very happy with it, it was still 1920X1200 and i couldnt get 2560X1440 out of my head.
    Countless hours reading, researching until i just got fed up of it.
    Last weekend i had my credit card in hand about to buy the ASUS 27" 2560X1440 monitor [dont recall model number] until i was about to checkout and it was almost €700 i just couldnt justify that price even though i knew i was getting a great monitor.
    It wasnt until the wife said to me if i wasnt happy to pay that much just take a chance on the Catleap,if it worked out id have a bargain if not feck it just get over the loss "and stop going on about it" lol

You got your catleap yet then??

Happy?

Yeah very much so, i posted about it and replied about in the last few pages :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

T-b0n3 wrote: »

You got your catleap yet then??

Happy?

Seems to be, he won't stop going on about it (just kidding dcully ;))

• Advertisement

if we could get a discount, and it was a catleap, ill join in the group buy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

pictures of a hot asian chick

just what I needed in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Heretofore

Got my Catleap Saturday, turns out courier had left it with the local shop without informing me. Switched it on and all I get is a blinking green light. Am hoping its just a faulty dvi cable and have ordered a new one. Boy is that stand cheap..

are you in carlow town?

i'm not quite awake yet but I'll have a look to see if I have a spare dvi cable, check the thread in an hour or so

--edit

I do have one. pm me if you'll be in town and want it although hopefully not in the next ten minutes, im not showering until I finish my coffee and I don't feel nearly pretty enough to meet people

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Heretofore

are you in carlow town?

i'm not quite awake yet but I'll have a look to see if I have a spare dvi cable, check the thread in an hour or so

--edit

I do have one. pm me if you'll be in town and want it although hopefully not in the next ten minutes, im not showering until I finish my coffee and I don't feel nearly pretty enough to meet people

Cheers for that Digby, im out towards Bagenalstown. Caught up with work till Thursday but will give you a shout if mine hasnt arrived by then! N fingers crossed it is just the dvi cable

alright, cool.

if you're going to be in carlow town at any point before your cable arrives (unless its like.. 4am), give me a pm ahead of time and you can have this one. it's the one that came with my monitor, i havent actually tested it but i'm assuming it works.
    its too much hassle to reach behind my monitor to test it now so I'm going to continue assuming it works.

Contacted greensum and bigcloth, couldn't find Samsung_Korea. If anyone else knows of trustworthy sellers let me know. Hopefully the other two get back to me.

Andy!! wrote: »
    Contacted greensum and bigcloth, couldn't find Samsung_Korea. If anyone else knows of trustworthy sellers let me know. Hopefully the other two get back to me.

Perfect, thanks, let us know. I'd be happy to order if today or whenever if we hear something positive. Boards must be giving them loads of business!

How heavy are these screens typically?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Andy!! wrote: »
    How heavy are these screens typically?

the U27 boxed is 15kg

Advertisement