Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamakasi Catleap monitor club.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

If you're wondering about the weight for a VESA mount or something, the monitor without stand is 5.6Kg.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

So the stand is almost 10 bloody kgs? Jeebus.

I was wondering because if I find myself back in Ireland soon I'd be tempted to just fill a suitcase.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

that cant be right.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

something wrong there. ill check what my catleap box says. I don't have a scale but the box is really light.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

the catleap is about 7kg without the packaging

**** those dells are heavy thought they would be about the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

O_O

15kg, jesus what the hell are dell feeding their screens. The SyncMaster S27A650D is 9.2Kg according to the email from HWVS.

no mention of weight on the box, at least not in english.

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    no mention of weight on the box, at least not in english.

are the shipping dockets still attached to the box that should have the weight on it

nope missing. the 1 dhl one on it doesnt gave it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

1000 replies and I still didn't get one, now that's indecision.

• Advertisement

nope missing. the 1 dhl one on it doesnt gave it.

Just checked mine 10kgs according to Fedex

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

NTMK wrote: »
    the U27 boxed is 15kg

it says 10.2kg packed according to their site, the screen itself (minus stand) weighs 5.6
    COLOUR, SIZE AND WEIGHT
    Dimensions (W x D x H)
    639.3mm (25.17'') x 200.3mm (7.89'') x 424.3mm ~ 538.9mm (21.22'' ~ 16.70'')
    Height with stand ( Compressed ~ Extended)
    424.3 mm ~538.9 mm
    21.22" ~ 16.70"
    Height without stand
    378.2 mm
    14.89"
    Preset Display Area (H x W)
    596.7 mm x 335.7mm
    23.49" x 13.22"
    Weight (panel only - for VESA mount)
    5.6 kg
    12.44 lb
    Weight (with packaging)
    10.2 kg
    22.67 lb
    Service / Support Details
    3-Year Advanced Exchange Service and Premium Panel Guarantee

http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/dell-u2713hm?c=ie&l=en&s=bsd&cs=iebsdt1&baynote_bnrank=0&baynote_irrank=2&~ck=dellSearch

indough wrote: »

on the US site they're 4kgs heavier packaged apparently :confused::pac:
    Link

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

NTMK wrote: »
    on the US site they're 4kgs heavier packaged apparently :confused::pac:
    Link

and ~5kg more for the panel only, ha i dunno what theyre at! :D

indough wrote: »
    and ~5kg more for the panel only, ha i dunno what theyre at! :D
    Well it is the american version :pac:

knowing them they used some obscure measure like the fkg (which is a real unit used on some hardness testers apparently)

'merica

America fkg yeah

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

sWdDP.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Added some new photos in the "your main PC pics"thread but thought it best to add here too for reference , might help people decide etc.

Yamakasi Catleap Q270 SEI IPS LED compared to Dell Ultrasharp U2412m IPS LED [might go some small way to helping people decide if they go for a ctleap or not]

So i played some more with the Dell and its still such a fantastic monitor, it really is, feature wise it has everything you could ever want except that amazing 2560X1440 res that the catleap offers.
    The Dells native resolution is 1920X1200 but hand on heart the difference is not massive while actually in game guys,noticeable yes but no huge.
    I actually forgot which i was playing on while in the thick of the action of battlefield 3.
    I found going back to 1920X1080 from 1920X1200 to be much more noticeable than 1920X1200 to 2560X1440 which surprised me but then again the higher you go on the resolution ladder the closer the different resolutions get.

When viewing photographs i find the Dell to have more natural colours.
    Ive got some colour profiles for the Catleap thanks to the users club on overclock.net but even still colours seem more natural on the Dell.

They seem more vibrant on the catleap which for gaming is a plus i guess, the brightness on both monitors are fantastic but the catleap shades it with incredible levels of brightness which really can bring gaming to life.

While using the Dell part of me asks myself did i really need to spend €350 on the Catleap?
    Dont get me wrong €350 for such a screen is amazing but the Dell is also an amazing screen.
    They really are very close when it comes to everyday use.
    The catleap comes into its own with sheer screen real estate and ofcourse its sharper image.

Putting both monitors so close together also helps the catleaps number one flaw ie the stand, its God awful but thanks to the Dells sturdyness up close beside it its improved the stability no end.
    While gaming with the catleap before i added the dell i could see it wobbling just from kb & mouse inouts on a very solid desk.

Just some quick comparison photos taken on my phone, i cant seem to be able to set the catleap @ its native res while the Dell at its native res for gaming to get some side by side realtime comparisons.

Anyone know way to do so?

Catleap on left - Dell on right

2560X1440 compared to 1920X1200 using the gorgeous Scarlet :)

WP_000773.jpg

1920X1200 on both monitors,even at the Dells native res the catleap appears to have the sharper image.

WP_000783.jpg

Not really a comparison pic , just some Far cry 3 and battlelog.

WP_000777.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Cully is it possible to mount that on a wall with a bracket....any holes in the pack of it to take a LCD bracket etc. That would sort the ****ty stand out....

• Advertisement

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Cully is it possible to mount that on a wall with a bracket....any holes in the pack of it to take a LCD bracket etc. That would sort the ****ty stand out....
    yeah but some diy needed ,I'll post a link when I get home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Thanks Dcully for the pics, awesome looking monitor.
    Well, it looks like I've sat on the fence for long enough I've decided to get one,
    but after looking on eBay, it seems the prices have jumped up a bit...

ARGHHH!

In all my searching around eBay I'm after accidentaly clicking the BUY IT NOW button on this; YAMAKASI CATLEAP Q270 LED 27" 2560X1440 LG S-IPS WQHD DVI-D Speaker Monitor for €307!
    Does anyone know if there is any difference between that one and the Q270 SEi model?

Alternative stands post #3206

http://www.overclock.net/t/1225919/yamakasi-catleap-monitor-club/3200#post_17046022

Stand removal plus lots of other general catleap info

http://www.overclock.net/t/1225919/yamakasi-catleap-monitor-club

Moon54 wrote: »
    Thanks Dcully for the pics, awesome looking monitor.
    Well, it looks like I've sat on the fence for long enough I've decided to get one,
    but after looking on eBay, it seems the prices have jumped up a bit...

ARGHHH!

In all my searching around eBay I'm after accidentaly clicking the BUY IT NOW button on this; YAMAKASI CATLEAP Q270 LED 27" 2560X1440 LG S-IPS WQHD DVI-D Speaker Monitor for €307!
    Does anyone know if there is any difference between that one and the Q270 SEi model?
    the SEi has a 20 dead pixel policy, so avoid like the plague.

€307 doesnt seem bad.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Just ordered a crossover hopefully will arrive before 2013.

the SEi has a 20 dead pixel policy, so avoid like the plague.

€307 doesnt seem bad.

I must of been very lucky so, ive one single tiny dead pixel.

Dcully wrote: »
    I must of been very lucky so, ive one single tiny dead pixel.
    i think you got an SE, then the listing was updated soon after to an SEi. what does it say on the box>?

i think you got an SE, then the listing was updated soon after to an SEi. what does it say on the box>?

This is the one i got but as you say the listing has been updated a few days after my order.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/New-YAMAKASI-CATLEAP-Q270-SEi-27-LED-S-IPS-2560X1440-WQHD-6ms-DVI-D-PC-Monitor-/140853868709?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item20cb8b78a5#ht_37501wt_1159

The barcode thingy on the box says SEi yet the box says Q270 only.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Talk about hit and miss and mis-information.....Hmmmmm. If I was not gaming on a 24" 1920x1200 I would deffo of got something by now. But I aint pushed the monitor I have is excellant.

• Advertisement

Talk about hit and miss and mis-information.....Hmmmmm. If I was not gaming on a 24" 1920x1200 I would deffo of got something by now. But I aint pushed the monitor I have is excellant.
    every monitor ive used pales in comparison to the catleap. mind, i havent used the u24, but its almost identical to the u23 apparently (aside from 1200p), and the similarities between the catleap and u2312hm end at IPS.

Advertisement