Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamakasi Catleap monitor club.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,183 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

All depends the room you are in I suppose. my room is pretty bright so glossy is a pain in the hole for me

My panny tv is very reflective even

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

310$ from green-sum or BCC. Ok that's fecking cheap. Saw somebroyd saying it is teh same housing as teh crossover so that is grand. and now they have their crossover for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

A lot of the monitors that claim to be overclockable to 120hz aren't actually running at 120hz.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Let me know if you get one real cheap so I can copy! Think ill pick up a qnix today for 310$ :D
    BloodBath wrote: »
    A lot of the monitors that claim to be overclockable to 120hz aren't actually running at 120hz.

Hmm yeah I'm not sure what is actually happening, I know they all seem to be getting to 120hz and that people see definite improvement in doing it.

Want 3!

900x900px-LL-67bdbbb1_20130424_222127.jpeg

900x900px-LL-fb5a2171_20130424_222207.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Wow those are some thick bezels. Also, poster has obviously never heard of bezel correction. Multi-screen setups just plain annoy me when it's not used.

Yeah they are nearly as big as the cat leaps. hate ugly bezels. :/

Looks nice but running 1 x 1440p is a pig on the gpu. Never mind 3. Dual titans would even struggle.

I'd sooner get a large 4k tv instead.

Ok matte it is, screw glossy:

900x900px-LL-e84f3dbb_004.jpeg

I see mattes at 317 and 327, bit dearer but seeing the pictures of glossy monitors tilts me.

which auctions are you looking at Tar?

• Advertisement

Not looking at auctions. I see hulustar and excellent castle have it for 317 I think, and dreamseller have it for 327.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Yeah could never use a glossy screen again, a tiny bit of light and you cant see a thing.

Ah I wasnt signed in, will have to see what shipping is like now!

Indeed. Matte screens can be a pain too at times though. They get dirty quite a bit easier than glossy screens. This is only really visible in direct, glaring sunlight though, where-as you'll start being distracted by pretty much any ambient light with a glossy panel.

Damn must find free shipping now, price just went up a bit :D

Ok cheapest glossy to ireland 300$, cheapest matt 327$. Matt it is. :)

link that that matt one?

this is it

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Matt-QNIX-QX2710-LED-Evolution-ll-27-2560x1440-Samsung-PLS-Panel-PC-Monitor-/221203080190?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item3380bb23fe

was reading down, will they replace it if tehre are pixel problems? says osmething about backlight bleed and dust not being return options, is that normal

Also need a plug adapter i see.

Im debating of spending extra for a perfect pixel version

Plain one is 250 euro

perfect pixel 324.61

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 256 ✭✭Dr Silly Bollox MD

Headshot wrote: »
    link that that matt one?
    Get someone else to order it for ya, if you do it, it'll come with a cracked screen.

Headshot wrote: »
    Im debating of spending extra for a perfect pixel version

Plain one is 250 euro

perfect pixel 324.61

I heard those pixel perfect yokes were a waste of money? As in they dont check it and most are fine anyway? I just want one that has a return policy like more than 1 dead in centre etc. I've messaged them. Has anybody else bought under the terms seen in the one I linked?

Get someone else to order it for ya, if you do it, it'll come with a cracked screen.

So iv been wondering why are you a re reg. I put money on you being a certain perma banned poster who I know the mods have been keeping an eye on but of course the perfect troll knows how to get around those methods
    I heard those pixel perfect yokes were a waste of money? As in they dont check it and most are fine anyway? I just want one that has a return policy like more than 1 dead in centre etc. I've messaged them. Has anybody else bought under the terms seen in the one I linked?

Depends on who you ask. Some say its worth it, others not so much

Now this is an improvement on the last set up

qFGfzlg.jpg

That, is awesome.

But still no ****ing bezel correction!

It's so off-putting, the little mistakes. Oh god /explode

Are those the dell 29"?

That thing is sick. Is that some custom stand that takes vesa mounts?

Looks awesome but good luck getting over 10fps with it.

Anybody have a problem with green-sum, thinking of ordering from them.

Burgo wrote: »
    Are those the dell 29"?
    Theya re Samsung S23A750Ds with the bevels removed.
    BloodBath wrote: »
    That thing is sick. Is that some custom stand that takes vesa mounts?

Looks awesome but good luck getting over 10fps with it.
    http://www.overclock.net/t/1372360/vegas-perfect-motion-clarity-2d-lightboost-nvidia-titan-portrait-surround-gloss-asus-vg248qe-build
    This is his current build, geothermal cooling!

• Advertisement

Yeah someone posted it on reddit,
    heres a link to his youtube channel if anyones interested:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CallsignVega/

Advertisement