Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamakasi Catleap monitor club.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

QNIX QX2710 matte on it's way, oh yes! Come on 120hz. 237 euro i think it was + customs.Should come in under 300 anyway.
    I actually got green-sum to put matte up on ebay :D

• Registered Users Posts: 54,183 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I got them to put up a new listing on ebay.com for matte orders. If you want to get it from .ie then all you have to do is order it and specify matte in a comment to them. They sell both for that price.

I got them to put up a new listing on ebay.com for matte orders. If you want to get it from .ie then all you have to do is order it and specify matte in a comment to them. They sell both for that price.

Thanks just found it there

I see they're already putting up the price due to us haha.

• Advertisement

I see they're already putting up the price due to us haha.

Postage has been added to some of them too

I know customs vary but any idea of the average cost?

I'm thinking below 50 Euro since the final cost was 244 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

Headshot wrote: »

Have a look at teh owners list - it has customs pricing
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuTDzkLDoLrsdFdvNU8xZVl1MnZsQnA5RjFOQzBiT3c#gid=0

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Good luck lads, let us know how you get on. I'm still pretty sure these things will not do 120hz but it's a good price.

BloodBath wrote: »
    Good luck lads, let us know how you get on. I'm still pretty sure these things will not do 120hz but it's a good price.

Why dont you think so?

Iv been reading a few forums and people are getting a steady 120hz

• Advertisement

Yeah pretty much everyone that has gotten one has been able to get 120hz stable by fiddling with settings, some less but still around 100hz. Some got up to 140+. Seems legit from all the reviews on these forums. Which is pretty good as people seem to prefer them to a catleap 2b which is like 800$

Anybody had theirs marked a lower price or gift by a seller, how did that go?
    Also it says 2-5 days shipping, but what is it in reality?

Shipped this morning woop.

eg:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Atv4EFeCPA8odDdCLWdrU0NKeDFiUF9BbzV5OUVQYWc

LL

I downloaded CRU to get the refresh rate going but now im told its as simple as going into NV control panel to change the settings

what have you heard Tar?

For NV I think it can just work out of the box with custom resolutions, and if it doesn't then you have to start messing around. Ie if you change to 120hz and there are artifacts you can use CRU and "LCD Reduced" to lower scanning values for a better picture.

Oh i didn't see this. I asked them to mark it lower and they marked it at 190$ they said, they might do it on your order too.

Did others do that? Also I don't know how to pay now. I don't know if I can ring as I don't for sure know the price they have put down and how much I owe.

So I wait for the postman and he wants exact change is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ad_inky

Hi All,

I’ve been lurking here and in overclockers for the last 9 months while I decided on getting one of these screens. When I saw the matte Samsung panels I bit the bullet. Glossy does not do it for me. Here is my info as payback for keeping me informed.

I ordered the “QNIX QX2710 Evolution II Matte Monitor with Perfect Pixel” last Wednesday.

From here http://www.2560x1440monitor.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=17&product_id=44

The site is not on ebay it is Bigclothcraft’s though and at the time the prices seemed to be a few euro better. There is a $20 extra delivery cost on top of the quote above for Europe.

It arrived on Monday. Packaging was just okay, the screen’s normal box with a 5-10mm foam wrap around it.

I’m very impressed by the matte coating. I’m used to working with Dells where the antiglare coating is applied with a trowel so the Samsung panel is very nice. The coating is unobtrusive but effective. It comes with inbuilt speakers and as long as you don’t expect to hear any bass whatsoever they are fine :)

The screen looks very nice, vibrant, bright and no pixel defects. There is a little light bleed but I can’t tell in normal operation. Blacks and whites are both much better than my previous iiyama TN panel. I ditched the shipped power cord and adapter and used a standard kettle lead to the power adapter.

It was shipped using UPS and they charged a handling fee (for customs charges) of about 18 euro on top of the 23% vat payment. They rang me before delivery and I paid by credit card over the phone.

I have not tried increasing the refresh rate and probably won’t until I move from my current Asus 6850 in a few months. The 6850 does display bios info to the screen on boot in case anyone cares.

Build quality on the bezel/stand looks okay but investigating further I can push a corner of the panel back from the inside of the top right bezel corner by at least a centimeter. I won’t be doing that too often. The stand is firm enough and seems level. Better than I was expecting though I had low expectations.

If I can get a year or two out of it then it will be money well spent.

In short the panel itself is very nice and the plastics are pretty but cheap.

Great thanks for the review, delivers quite fast, nice. As for plastic casing, realistically what pressure is a monitor put under, so hopefully it won't matter too much for us! That's good about the matte, dell monitors put on far too much. Even my TN at home is better for colours than my dell u23 IPS in work.

Thought mine might make it by friday as it was shipped at 9am yesterday, but now they mailed me saying it was just shipped now. Grrr. I hope I get to pay over the phone, I'm getting ready to start having loads of cash denominations lying around at home.

What was the total landed cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ad_inky

Total was about €340 for the pixel perfect version including delivery and customs and ups charges. Customs was about €40 which did not correspond to any value or delivery charge or combination, possibly customs had their own valuation. If someone wanted to they could probably drop another €60 off that getting an X-star with pot luck on the pixels. The qnix seemed to be getting better reviews at the time I bought but tested numbers weren't high so that could have changed.

Good luck with your delivery.

Hey Tar what does your shipment look like?

This is mine at the moment

xDwjqpA.png

Looks like it finally left S.Korea today

Our monitors are on the same shipment ;)

It's 3am in korea so they left quite a while ago now.

For NV I think it can just work out of the box with custom resolutions, and if it doesn't then you have to start messing around. Ie if you change to 120hz and there are artifacts you can use CRU and "LCD Reduced" to lower scanning values for a better picture.

If you want to play games, I think most need the catleap 2B driver.

• Advertisement

So customs for me was 55 euro

Getting delivery today, cant wait

Customs for me was 34e. I rang and paid it over the phone, at the same time the delivery guy tried to ring me so it went to voicemail, he just left then, without even knocking...Now it wont come til tuesday. Ffs. Such bad service from dhl, didnt even try the intercom or knock, and then wouldnt come back 10 minutes later when I rang about it.

So mine was about 270E delivered, amazing.

I've taken tuesday off work to play with it haha.

So got me monitor

Very impressive shipment I have to say

So ill be getting a vesa mount anyway lol. The stand is rubbish but lets get down to the important part. Right now I dont see any dead pixels or light bleed but I havent really tested it in depth yet so its probably unfair to comment on the matter

Ill have to get down to playing some games etc

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Has the number of dead pixels and bleed improved since people first started getting these shipped them?

• Site Banned Posts: 256 ✭✭Dr Silly Bollox MD

So got me monitor

Very impressive shipment I have to say

So ill be getting a vesa mount anyway lol. The stand is rubbish but lets get down to the important part. Right now I dont see any dead pixels or light bleed but I havent really tested it in depth yet so its probably unfair to comment on the matter

Ill have to get down to playing some games etc
    Insert eek smiley here

pacman here

stupid touch no smiies.

Jealous :(

I fixed the monitor stand too Tar :p

Iv had some more tests and I just dont see any defects on the screen

Im extremely happy with it so far

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Y U NO PICTURES

Yeah come on where are the pix to rub it in, get on it!
    How's the light bleed? Did you OC?

OC it please, what card have you. So when i come to do it I can ask you all the questions.

• Advertisement

qGgQbqvl.jpg

8PCjyetl.jpg

I have to take down the old monitor and tidy up that keyboard cable. Btw how cool is that mouse mat I got, covers the whole table lol

Ill also will OC but I have to do some investigation on OC with sli. I use 2x 670 gpus

Advertisement