Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamakasi Catleap monitor club.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Oh I have a 560ti, hope I can get 120.

Link to mat? Awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,182 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GS-003-OP

lol I bought that mat for 14.99 and look at it now

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Not too bad still, I have a couple of qck+'s and that would cost as much then. I might pick that up cheers. Annoying that my desk curves and is huge or I could ahve used that for both my pcs nearly.

Good news, the delivery driver had to come back near my house for something, remembered me complaining and delivered to my gf :D
    Who should be playing dota 2 on it soon haha. Can't wait to get home for my 4 day monitor weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Oh I have a 560ti, hope I can get 120.

Link to mat? Awesome.

What kind of FPS do you expect to get in game with that card at 2560x1440? :eek:

tuxy wrote: »
    What kind of FPS do you expect to get in game with that card at 2560x1440? :eek:

Depends on the game, the games I play are all cpu intensive. And can easily get a new card/sli when I need to. I already get like 300-400fps in 1080p in my main game (csgo/DotA 2), on max settings. I also won't need AA at this new res. I have been playing these games in 3D which is a massive fps eater and they run fine in that too, main factor is my cpu being OCed to 4.6Ghz and my 560ti is OCed too.

If any game struggles I have a 23" HD 3d 120hz monitor that handles everything I've wanted to play at ultra so far.

Turnaround on monitor situation, dhl suddenly had to go to the mater hospital near me so remembered me complaining and delivered my monitor :D

Y1eq5Qv.jpg

• Advertisement

Lads can anyone recommend a vesa mount for this monitor

One with an arm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Budget?

Serephucus wrote: »
    Budget?

Ohoh here we go :D

below 50 euro (cheaper the better even)

Lu Tze recommended this in another thread (ironically for Aldarion there) and by all reports it's pretty solid. I only have personal experience with Ergotron stuff, and so wouldn't be much help directly.

• Advertisement

Thanks but I need one for the wall. Also isnt it a shame that we usually always have to buy these kind of stuff online. I love to go into a shop near me and just buy it

Nice one, I am going for that desk one above. Can't be ****ing up my wall!

What's ths best way to check for light bleed/dead pixels? Tried http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WexJRnud32U and http://jasonfarrell.com/misc/deadpixeltest.php

Literally can find nothing wrong whatsoever.

Omg there is so much room for activities.

Those two things are exactly how you should test. If you haven't found any odds are you're fine. At that resolution it can be genuinely very hard to spot a single dead pixel too.

I was there an inch from the screen going blind trying to find one, can't tell this isn't a perfect monitor. Now any good wallpapers? :p
    Dwarfs my 23".

An inch from the screen... welcome to my world. :P

What 23" monitor have you got?

RE wallpapers (perhaps more useful as a backlit test though. :P):

http://freewallpapersbox.com/wp-content/wallpapers/cookie-monster-wallpaper-2560x1440.jpg

An inch from the screen... welcome to my world. :P

What 23" monitor have you got?

RE wallpapers (perhaps more useful as a backlit test though. :P):

http://freewallpapersbox.com/wp-content/wallpapers/cookie-monster-wallpaper-2560x1440.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-W2363D-PF-inch-Wide-Monitor/dp/B003MB61ZM#productDetails

It's a gaming monitor, 120hz with no input lag. Got it for under 200 euro new at the time, it's the bees knees for 120hz gaming. Amazing monitor imo.

Cookie monster is my desktop :D

I'd like this one from the OP

230729.jpeg

Ah yes new monitor set up. My last three monitors, oldest on the left. 21" vs 23" vs 27"

kAn4BGT.jpg

Iv mine overclocked to 120hz

• Advertisement

The 21 looks pretty precariously balanced!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

I have the same LG monitor as you...Still going strong it is..

Headshot wrote: »
    Iv mine overclocked to 120hz
    any probs, what did you do?
    The 21 looks pretty precariously balanced!
    Haha, all the weight is at the front, deceptive.
    dwighet wrote: »
    I have the same LG monitor as you...Still going strong it is..
    Great monitor, relegated to my second pc now. It just made that pc way more fun to use

just followed this guide

http://www.overclock.net/t/1384767/the-korean-pls-monitor-club-qnix-x-star#

See overclocking guide part

(it was updated recently)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

guys... do i need this??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

With a gtx 690 you might as well. That card is pretty much wasted at 1080p unless you are using a 120hz one.

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    guys... do i need this??

Your catleap is pretty good thou. Soon it will be OC-able wont it

But in saying that for less than 300 euro, you could get a really good monitor with 120hz.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Ah I didn't notice you had a catleap already. In that case probably not.

You're not going to get those extra frames at that resolution in most cases anyway.

BloodBath wrote: »
    With a gtx 690 you might as well. That card is pretty much wasted at 1080p unless you are using a 120hz one.

ive got a catleap already, and i torture my 690.
    Headshot wrote: »
    Your catleap is pretty good thou. Soon it will be OC-able wont it

But in saying that for less than 300 euro, you could get a really good monitor with 120hz.

yea

right now, i want to try 3D gaming, and for the first time since my old FX5200, i own an nvidia card again, so my next monitor has to be an nvidia lightboost2 type 120hz monitor.

• Advertisement

are they better than the catleaps though?

how you liking the res headshot? i bet youre never going back to 1080p :D

Advertisement