Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamakasi Catleap monitor club.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,182 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Its hard to get used to the small icons lol

My desktop looks empty

I cant judge are they better than the catleaps but I think your catleap is pretty good. iirc there isnt any light bleeding or dead pixels on yours , right? Id stick with the catleap

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

You can change that in windows options.

Just windows search icon size.

It will increase text and icon size.

BloodBath wrote: »
    You can change that in windows options.

Just windows search icon size.

It will increase text and icon size.

I forgot about that thanks

First time I ever had to do it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

im gaming further away from my screen at the moment, so I changed the DPI to 125%, and its a nice improvement.

right click>screen resolution>"Make Text and other items larger or smaller".

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bacon and Cabbage

Can you get those qnix ones in glossy? Wouldn't mind getting a brother for my catleap too :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Can you get those qnix ones in glossy? Wouldn't mind getting a brother for my catleap too :pac:
    Yeah you can.
    Tea_Bag wrote: »
    ive got a catleap already, and i torture my 690.

yea

right now, i want to try 3D gaming, and for the first time since my old FX5200, i own an nvidia card again, so my next monitor has to be an nvidia lightboost2 type 120hz monitor.

3D gaming is amazing. Well worth it. So is 120hz gaming, so you get both. I do not want to game on 60hz any more ever. If it was for gaming obv a 120hz no input lag gaming monitor is best. The main gmaes I play aren't good in 3d though so this qnix is a beast. 120hz IPS, the dream has come true.

Overclocked mine now to 120hz , that was a breeze. Might try 144hz.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

restarted computer and black screen after the windows splash now, so must have some setting wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭The Golden Teapot

Is this the QNIX that you guys ordered?

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Brand-New-QNIX-QX2710-LED-Evolution-2-27-PLS-Monitor-Tempered-Glass-/111058521036?pt=AU_comp_monitor&hash=item19db9a8bcc

Tempered glass? I'm a little confused by green-sum's shop. Seems to be a few different QNIX 27".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I think it's finally time for me to get onto this bandwagon since the release of the matte screens. :)

I remember someone saying that the earlier ones were a little sparse with menu options - what's the situation like on these newer ones?

Monotype wrote: »
    I think it's finally time for me to get onto this bandwagon since the release of the matte screens. :)

I remember someone saying that the earlier ones were a little sparse with menu options - what's the situation like on these newer ones?
    No idea, my buttons do absolutely nothing!

Do yours do anything headshot?
    Is this the QNIX that you guys ordered?

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Brand-New-QNIX-QX2710-LED-Evolution-2-27-PLS-Monitor-Tempered-Glass-/111058521036?pt=AU_comp_monitor&hash=item19db9a8bcc

Tempered glass? I'm a little confused by green-sum's shop. Seems to be a few different QNIX 27".

No, it wasn't tempered glass, we got the normal matte ones.

• Advertisement

Just sold my Macbook pro. Couldn't be happier!! Should i get this monitor Tar? So tempted!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

So you don't even have brightness? I suppose you can control everything you need with the graphics control centre at the desktop, but a small bit of functionality is handy.

In fairness, I usually don't need to go near the settings after I've fixed it after a week or two of use, but I would use the different modes on this Dell screen.

Just sold my Macbook pro. Couldn't be happier!! Should i get this monitor Tar? So tempted!
    Well it's an awesome monitor and I got it for 271e, which is a steal! 120hz baby!
    The matte is semi-matte which is perfect, still great colours and none of the **** glare.
    Monotype wrote: »
    So you don't even have brightness? I suppose you can control everything you need with the graphics control centre at the desktop, but a small bit of functionality is handy.

In fairness, I usually don't need to go near the settings after I've fixed it after a week or two of use, but I would use the different modes on this Dell screen.
    The monitor is a bypass model, which means, the monitor does not have an AD board in it. That is, the monitor does not change or adjust signals from the graphic card. It just outputs as it receives. So the OSD buttons are there but the buttons do not have functions.

There are colour profiles to use over on OC.net and as you say the control centre is grand. I never touch mine after setting it up. Use flux for brightness mmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

I have no menu OSD on my catleap (or any catleap for that fact, except the multi-) but brightness does work, even though i dont have a scalar. are you sure brightness doesnt work Tar?

Doesn't seem to on mine, not that I'd want to change it. How about you headshot?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

What's that about OC'ing Catleaps soon? I have a 2B.

OCing non 800$ catleaps soon. :p

It seems some qnixs have brightness controls and some dont? As i''ve read of people clicking to change their brightness.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

OCing How?

I don't know anything about it or if they are going through with it. Just heard it on this thread tbh. I wouldn't bother waiting on one when these come with 120hz anyway.

Best money I ever spent on my computer

• Advertisement

Great isn't it.

The brightness does work! I was pressing the wrong place :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Great isn't it.

The brightness does work! I was pressing the wrong place :p

I figured because programs like flux only adjust the colour temperature.
    It would be terrible if you could not adjust back light brightness.

Dunno about everybody else but I always leave it maxed out.

Just got my QNIX.....ohh wow!! So happy!! Can't see any dead pixels! Backlight bleed is so minimal i don't think i'll ever notice it. One question!! It comes with a single dvi cable right? I need a dual dvi for 1440p? Where should i try get one? Thanks again!

The cable it comes with shows 1440p no problem?

It does?? Sweeet!! Thanks i was just under the impression that i needed some dual dvi cable or something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

It does?? Sweeet!! Thanks i was just under the impression that i needed some dual dvi cable or something!

You do need a dual link DVI cable but it's for the higher refresh rate rather than the resolution. Anyway, it's more than likely what you have - they look very alike;

DVI-dual-link-vs-single-link.jpg

Right, gonna ask my own question here as I am considering the Qnix myself. I'm wondering, worst case scenario, what can go wrong with the entire process between ordering and overclocking? I suppose I want to know how much of a risk it is?

Well nobody has problems as far as I can see, and people have been running the catleaps OCed for a year. If it breaks teh monitor upon trying it they have no way of knowing you tried to OC it unless you tell them anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Well nobody has problems as far as I can see, and people have been running the catleaps OCed for a year. If it breaks teh monitor upon trying it they have no way of knowing you tried to OC it unless you tell them anyway.

Cool. And general quality-wise, they seem great monitors from what I have read.

• Advertisement

Yeah mine was pixel perfect! Great colours as the matte is semi-matte

Advertisement