Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamakasi Catleap monitor club.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

You do need a dual link DVI cable but it's for the higher refresh rate rather than the resolution. Anyway, it's more than likely what you have - they look very alike;

You need dual link DVI for 2560x1440 even at the standard 60hz refresh rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Where have you guys ordered the Qnixs from? Hmm... the U2713HM is getting cheaper, now 'only' about €100 more than the Qnix, but on the other hand I wouldn't be able to overclock that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Mine was 270 delivered from green sum

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭The Golden Teapot

Price is rising every week though! Cost me Just over €300 with customs!! From green-sum as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭00sully

just pulled the trigger on a QNIX Matte from red-cap. €250 now to see if I get hit with customs and if it has any bad pixels - light bleed I can live with! been following this thread closely, had a bit of time on my hands today and well....idle hands and all :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Price is rising every week though! Cost me Just over €300 with customs!! From green-sum as well.

You might just have paid more customs than me, I paid 34.

You might just have paid more customs than me, I paid 34.
    Yeah i got stung for €54 customs. So very worth it though!

Should my GPU be running hotter even while not gaming now due to the extra pixels? Poor things reaching temps i've never seen on far cry now!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Have all of you so far have ordered the non pixel perfect one and got 0 dead pixels?

The higher res would push your card more for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,182 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I ordered the ordinary one and got no dead pixels

Headshot wrote: »
    I ordered the ordinary one and got no dead pixels
    Same here!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I've said it before but will say again. I think the dead pixel guarantee is a bit of a scam. They just charge you more for it. If you end up with some dead pixels they will just refund the difference in price between the non dead pixel offer knowing you won't want to send it all the way back to Korea for the sake of a few dead pixels that are barely noticeable. If you have major problems with dead pixels you are covered by the standard offer anyway.

no dead pixels and no guarantee. Watch out for the terms though, some just dont accept returns no matter how many are dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Has anyone here not been able to OC their screen to 120Hz?

I had to change the method of OC because windows test mode must of not being turned on correctly

I used the catleap driver method and seems its alot better than the other way imo

What was the error that you noticed?

I would do the OC Method and I would restart the monitor to get the 120hz but the screen would flash black resulting in not OC and using the default 60hz. It was test mode fault

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭vard

I have a Yamakasi Catleap monitor that I'm looking to sell as I'm moving back to London and won't be able to take it with me. It's a fantastic monitor - I'll probably end up buying another one and have it delivered when I get over there.

Monitor was bought via ebay through Green-Sum. Exact item = New YAMAKASI CATLEAP 2703 LED 27" 2560X1440 WQHD IPS DVI

Monitor was bought last september, so it's barely had 8 months use. It works perfectly. There are no perceivable dead pixels. I just did a test and it looked like there's one possible dead pixel against a solid green screen, but I can't tell for sure. In that regard it more than beats the "perfect pixel" standard.

I'd like to take price suggestions and offers at the moment. So give me a shout if you're interested. I'm moving in under a week, so I'd need to shift it before the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

^^ You took the words out of my mouth.

Looking to price my q271 for sale also.

Love it, works great with windows, but unfortunately I do a lot of work under Linux and I just cant get this monitor to play nice under linux, have tried every xorg hack under the sun.

So regrettably will part with this bad boy. I too bought off greensum about 6 months ago. Works great under windows, but thats not enough for my needs.

What happens under linux, it won't go on?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Stuxnet wrote: »

Love it, works great with windows, but unfortunately I do a lot of work under Linux and I just cant get this monitor to play nice under linux, have tried every xorg hack under the sun.

So regrettably will part with this bad boy. I too bought off greensum about 6 months ago. Works great under windows, but thats not enough for my needs.
    stux, PM me, youre is disabled :P

• Advertisement

100 of my shiniest euros.

There's a good opportunity there for someone to get eyefinity if they already have one! :cool:

Then turn your games down to the lowest settings to be able to run it at playable frame rates.

Man up and buy 4x titans

That might do it :) Is multi gpu scaling dependant on the processor?

Do more cores help? You might need a 3970k to go with but if you had the money to blow on 4 titans you might as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

What happens under linux, it won't go on?

Linux doesnt pick up on the monitors EDID, so I have failed to get max resolution, its more a fault with the monitor itself then linux (pay peanuts get monkey's type of thing), I have manually created a edid.bin file and pointed xorg.conf to it, and lots of other hacks to override nvidia-settings, but i cant manually force it to display 2560x1440

have a gtx680 card tried all the linux drivers, its a well documented catleap problem under linux, but some have manged to get it to work, not me tho :(
    Ive wasted enough time on it, and time is money :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭Prof Nincom Poop Ph.D

offer €5?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭00sully

my qnix one is waiting for me when I get home - don't seem to have gotten stung with customs either :pac: it'll prob be riddled with dead pixels now :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Landoflemon

Stuxnet wrote: »

Hi Stux, would you send me a PM in relation to the monitor you are considering selling?

• Advertisement

00sully wrote: »
    my qnix one is waiting for me when I get home - don't seem to have gotten stung with customs either :pac: it'll prob be riddled with dead pixels now :eek:

I think a bill for customs has come a few days later for some people.

Got a Qnix myself. Matte. Lovely screen, although compatibility isn't the best if you want to run things at that resolution! A lot of extra strain on the computer; much noisier. Can't see any dead pixels... :cool:

Advertisement