Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamakasi Catleap monitor club.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,182 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Monotype wrote: »
    I think a bill for customs has come a few days later for some people.

Got a Qnix myself. Matte. Lovely screen, although compatibility isn't the best if you want to run things at that resolution! A lot of extra strain on the computer; much noisier. Can't see any dead pixels... :cool:

welcome to the cool group :cool:

Did you get the OC going Monotype?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Headshot wrote: »
    welcome to the cool group :cool:

Thanks! It's great to be part of the elite. 255702.png
    Did you get the OC going Monotype?

Haven't had time to look at that yet. I'll research it now...

I was using the link you gave earlier. The first one.

A few things -
    1. It says that test mode has some sort of message in the system tray - I don't see anything.
    2. I changed the frequency using the CRU program. After a reboot, it shows up as a new maximum frequency in CCC. Do I need to change anything? - the impression it gives in the guide is that I need to select something. Other programs are saying the monitor is 60Hz, but I'm unsure if that's just information that it's getting from the monitor or if it is genuinely the maximum.

Any way to test?

• Advertisement

Monotype wrote: »
    I was using the link you gave earlier. The first one.

A few things -
    1. It says that test mode has some sort of message in the system tray - I don't see anything.
    2. I changed the frequency using the CRU program. After a reboot, it shows up as a new maximum frequency in CCC. Do I need to change anything? - the impression it gives in the guide is that I need to select something. Other programs are saying the monitor is 60Hz, but I'm unsure if that's just information that it's getting from the monitor or if it is genuinely the maximum.

Any way to test?

mEgLZIPl.png

your supposed to get that on the right hand corner of the screen

There's no point of doing anything else until you do the test screen part, lets get that right first

So enable test mode then patch the drivers using NVIDIA Pixel Clock Patcher and now restart your pc and you should see test mode on the bottom right hand corner
    (make sure you dont use the sli patcher version)

get back to me once thats done

I must be blind. I didn't see that writing at all and was looking for an icon! Yeah, found it in the windows menu to change it.

All sorted now! Thanks. TBH, I don't notice any difference in the frequencies at the moment, but we'll see as I try more stuff. Then again, I would probably hardly notice 40FPS vs 60FPS, but I appreciate the resolution instead.

make sure its running in game

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Test mode never somes up for me but I can change to 120hz, maybe that is why upon reboot my screen goes black. I'll try 2b now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Got it working with 2b driver (still no test mode watermark) but now there is a flashing line at 120hz so I had to change to 110hz, the other method had no suck line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Stuxnet wrote: »
    Linux doesnt pick up on the monitors EDID, so I have failed to get max resolution, its more a fault with the monitor itself then linux (pay peanuts get monkey's type of thing), I have manually created a edid.bin file and pointed xorg.conf to it, and lots of other hacks to override nvidia-settings, but i cant manually force it to display 2560x1440

have a gtx680 card tried all the linux drivers, its a well documented catleap problem under linux, but some have manged to get it to work, not me tho :(
    Ive wasted enough time on it, and time is money :)

Be interested in hearing more about this if you're considering selling it? COuld you drop me a PM please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭00sully

just a heads up for anyone with particularly bad light bleed. the bottom left corner of mine had a weird yellow hue jutting out from a dark (normal!) patch left and right. when I looked down through the casing I could see the metal frame was pinching the panel - same as if you press a finger hard on the screen the color will distort. After much googling around for light bleed "fixes" on overclockers there was a huge thread on the QNIX monitor specifically.

mentioned were a few ways to address the issue primarily using black insulating tape to cover the bleeding sections. however when I opened mine up I noticed the pressure on the panel was quite sever. I took the thing apart and tried to re-shape the frame which helped a bit but not much. After a while I decided to take the metal frame off and just screw the monitor back to the back plastic sans metal frame bracket. It's secure enough with just the left and right brackets which don't overlap the screen. no more light bleed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

So tempted to get one of the QNIX monitors,anyone recommend a good seller?

I used greensum myself

I have small back light bleeding but it doesnt effect me at all, I was more worried dead pixels which I didnt get any

I love the monitor tbh, one of the best things I bought for my pc. I would never go back to 1080p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

Squaredude wrote: »
    So tempted to get one of the QNIX monitors,anyone recommend a good seller?

Sorry no seller recommendation but how do you find that Kraken X60, would love to stuff it in the front of Fractal R4 in push pull?

I used greensum myself

I have small black light bleeding but it doesnt effect me at all, I was more worried dead pixels which I didnt get any

I love the monitor tbh, one of the best things I bought for my pc. I would never go back to 1080p
    Excellent,may buy one of these on Monday morning.
    Sorry no seller recommendation but how do you find that Kraken X60, would love to stuff it in the front of Fractal R4 in push pull?
    I find it quite good,I have it set up in a kind of push/pull configuration in that the rad is under the 2x200mm fans in the roof of my case.Ive oc'd to 4.4Ghz and my temps under 100% load are around 65c-68c that's while running the fans on the silent profile.

So much for maybe buying one on Monday morning, just bought this now http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121110804377#ht_9650wt_1163
    Damn my lack of will power!

Wow that was some fast shipping,got the monitor this morning and it is awesome. Got hit with €67 from customs but that wasn't too bad. This thing is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Hey guys I'm looking into getting one of these monitors for my new build..

Looking at the X-STAR DP2710 or the QNIX Q2710 or potentially one of the Crossover ones..

Can't seem to justify the extra cost of the Yamakasi.. Even though it looks much cooler

Thoughts anyone?

I got the QNIX and its awesome and it overclocked to 120Hz with no problems

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Squaredude wrote: »
    I got the QNIX and its awesome and it overclocked to 120Hz with no problems

That's what is leaning me more towards the QNIX.. I've read on many occasions that it overclocks pretty well :)

OCs for everybody as far as I can see!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Thinking of getting one of those QNIX ones so I can get 120hz. Already have a Catleap and love it. Worth the upgrade?

Had a quick look at the OC guide there and seems easy enough, presume there is no major risks or problems with doing it?

Cheers

Nobody has had any problems that I've seen. Even if I did I have warranty

No one knows the long term effect of the OC because its a new monitor but right now its pretty epic monitor

Even my mother thinks it's amazing :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

Anyone using one of these with a 7950? Was half thinking of pre ordering a ps4 but I can get this now. Saving money doesn't go down well with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Even my mother thinks it's amazing :pac:

Well, in fairness your mammy probably thinks your amazing too :pac:

They are just so big and bright, I think that's what makes them look so impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Sarz91 wrote: »
    Anyone using one of these with a 7950? Was half thinking of pre ordering a ps4 but I can get this now. Saving money doesn't go down well with me.

I am.

It works fine when OC.

You can turn most games up full blast with AA turned off and you'll get 25-30 fps, even for the likes of Crysis 3.

• Advertisement

Well, in fairness your mammy probably thinks your amazing too :pac:

They are just so big and bright, I think that's what makes them look so impressive.

I find it fitting that Squaredude thanked me!

Advertisement