Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamakasi Catleap monitor club.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

But would I see much of a difference since I already have a Catleap? Think I might be a bit unnecessary but I do like the sounds of 120hz :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

120Hz is quite nice.Didnt think I'd notice a difference going from 60 to 120.Do any of you have any good colour profiles for 120Hz?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I didn't bother changing the colour profile on mine, think it's great as is. The thread on OC.net has loads of them

As for 60 vs 120, it makes things smoother/clearer, great for fps games and not much else, marginal difference, but can be good for gaming all right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I didn't bother changing the colour profile on mine, think it's great as is. The thread on OC.net has loads of them

As for 60 vs 120, it makes things smoother/clearer, great for fps games and not much else, marginal difference, but can be good for gaming all right.

Don't you need to run game over 60 fps to notice a difference with 120hz?
    What frame rate do you get at 2560x1440 in demanding fps games?

I havent tried any demanding games at 120Hz.But I've been playing dayz at around 100fps.Must give battlefield and crysis a go.Think my graphics card might melt.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

tuxy wrote: »
    Don't you need to run game over 60 fps to notice a difference with 120hz?
    What frame rate do you get at 2560x1440 in demanding fps games?
    Yes, or it wouldn't make much sense, you need to sustain it. The only fps I play, and most people I know play, is csgo where I get a few hundred FPS on max. Makes a big difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Question lads.. was just on the verge of buying one of these monitors (Possibly the QNIX QX2710) but I noticed it has no 'Ad board'.. From what I read after a very quick search online is that this means it can only accept 2560x1440 resolution so in other words I would have problems accessing my BIOS without a different monitor?

What are peoples experiences?

I can connect to my bias no problem? i have also played games in different resolutions.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,182 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I bet danger is wrong in terms of res for pc's but for consoles you couldnt use this monitor

I can connect to my bias no problem? i have also played games in different resolutions.

Hmm, fair enough so. Thank you for clearing that up. Like I said this was a quick google search and I read it on some forum.

Is it just the QNIX is OCable now? I think I remember reading somewhere now that some of the monitors arent OCable anymore..

I would try and Google this myself but I'm in work and they have a fairly picky internet policy :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I've heard a few people say things like that that they couldn't access the setup menu without another monitor when using one of them (Catleap, iirc). It works fine for me with the Qnix.

Edit: I think the situation wasn't that they couldn't get to the setup menu, but rather that the monitor was a little slow in picking up the signal or something and they couldn't see the post screen to see which key was to be pressed. Anyway, Qnix seems fine in that regard. Wasn't someone (Stuxnet?) selling one recently though because it wasn't Linux friendly?

Cool!

Gonna order one now.. Excitement

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭AntDub

Well I took the plunge and ordered one of the QX2710 Qnix Matte from accessorieswhole today, fingers x'd.

Just realised I've been running my Qnix at 120hz on 16 bit colour.No wonder things were looking weird with any profile I was using.Well done me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I'm not sold on 120hz. Variable fps in games to me is like lag. If you aren't getting a solid 120 fps there is no point.

The + side is the ability to leave vsync off on games that won't go over 120fps I guess.

I use adaptive vsync and find it quite good.I should hopefully be getting two 780s in the next few weeks so I should be able to sustain 120fps.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Yeah Amd still have not added that to their drivers. I have to use lucid virtu mvp to get the same adaptive vsync.

AntDub wrote: »
    Well I took the plunge and ordered one of the QX2710 Qnix Matte from accessorieswhole today, fingers x'd.

Same! I went for the upgraded version with the multiple connection options and the built-in OSD menu :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Ive been tempted by these since teabag first put up this thread, the cost is just too high! And i dont mean the monitor, the upgrades that will have to be done in the next year or two to keep things running pretty at a playable framerate on it!

I think ill stick with my 1080p IPS, safe in the knowledge i should be able to run anything at a good framerate on high settings for the next few year anyway

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Ive been tempted by these since teabag first put up this thread, the cost is just too high! And i dont mean the monitor, the upgrades that will have to be done in the next year or two to keep things running pretty at a playable framerate on it!

I think ill stick with my 1080p IPS, safe in the knowledge i should be able to run anything at a good framerate on high settings for the next few year anyway

I don't think the upgrades will be that bad. It only cost me an extra £208 to get myself a second 7950 and I reckon that will be enough for the majority of games. Maybe not on super-ultra-fantastic-100000x-MSAA detail but enough to keep me playing on great performance ;)

Let's say in one year I sell off my two cards and get about €200 each (Could be wishful thinking) then I'm really only paying for one card :)

• Advertisement

Danger781 wrote: »
    Same! I went for the upgraded version with the multiple connection options and the built-in OSD menu :D

I didn't know there was one. Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Danger781 wrote: »
    I don't think the upgrades will be that bad. It only cost me an extra £208 to get myself a second 7950 and I reckon that will be enough for the majority of games.

When you are on a micro atx board with no Xfire option the upgrades will end up quite expensive!

Sure a single 7950 handles things quite well on one. They're 'only' €250 on amazon. You could sell your existing card to part fund it if it's of lower spec.

Monotype wrote: »
    I didn't know there was one. Link?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111106526367

:D

It has Audio in/out, HDMI, DVI-D, VGA, Display port

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

A few things:

Can I overclock an Acheiva Shimian?
    How do I do that?
    Can I do that with a HD7950?
    Does doing it in any way put the screen at risk?

I probably won't be able to get 120fps on anything much but I should be able to get 70-100 on a few games, especially when I overclock.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

The Shimian isnt OC'able unfortunately.

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    The Shimian isnt OC'able unfortunately.

It's also more expensive than the QNIX which is OC'able :D

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭AntDub

Well it's arrived, won't get a chance to test it until my PSU arrives early next week.

Just in case anyone else was thinking of getting one below is the info I think might be of use.

Bought from accessorieswhole .

QNIX QX2710 LED Evolution ll [Matte] Perfect Pixel 27" 2560x1440 PC Monitor
    Item: 111088789065
    Cost = $349.15 by ordering direct from them(support@snpbiz.com) and not through E-Bay 3% less. Ebay price was $359.98.

It took 1 week to arrive, price declared was $200 and shipped via Fedex.

He said"We mostly declare the monitor value at $200 and mark it as a sample product. (it is the lowest we could declare)".

He was true to his word, easy to deal with and replied back promptly, quicker than greensum.

No VAT+admin charge this end.... yet.
    Not sure if they can contact you after the delivery has arrived to charge you for the vat or not or if it's slipped through the system. I don't think they can, as far as I'm aware VAT has to be paid before the goods are handed to you unless you have an account TAN account with them ( which I don't ).

Once the PC is up and running I'll post info on pixels and light bleed.

Ant

Well it's arrived, won't get a chance to test it until my PSU arrives early next week.

Just in case anyone else was thinking of getting one below is the info I think might be of use.

Bought from accessorieswhole .

QNIX QX2710 LED Evolution ll [Matte] Perfect Pixel 27" 2560x1440 PC Monitor
    Item: 111088789065
    Cost = $349.15 by ordering direct from them(support@snpbiz.com) and not through E-Bay 3% less. Ebay price was $359.98.

It took 1 week to arrive, price declared was $200 and shipped via Fedex.

He said"We mostly declare the monitor value at $200 and mark it as a sample product. (it is the lowest we could declare)".

He was true to his word, easy to deal with and replied back promptly, quicker than greensum.

Not sure if they can contact you after the delivery has arrived to charge you for the vat or not or if it's slipped through the system. I don't think they can, as far as I'm aware VAT has to be paid before the goods are handed to you unless you have an account TAN account with them ( which I don't ).

Once the PC is up and running I'll post info on pixels and light bleed.

Ant

Mine is due to arrive later today... I REALLY hope he marked it as $200 that would be great :D

Any idea why you didn't get charged VAT? :confused:

Edit: I'm pretty sure they will send you an invoice with the amount you owe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

fraid not

Fedex typically send out a bill as week or two later for VAT you can still get charged for it after delivery

Advertisement