Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamakasi Catleap monitor club.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

AntDub wrote: »
    Fu**ers! I spoke too soon about the vat, accounts dept in work just handed me an invoice to approve and confirm what order on the system it's for, turns out it's the SNP crowd I ordered the Monitor from.

Vat = €34.31
    Admin Fee = €10.50
    Total = €44.81

Can't complain with that really

I'd actually be okay paying €44 :) I was expecting about €70 - €80 to be honest :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭AntDub

Danger781 wrote: »
    I'd actually be okay paying €44 :) I was expecting about €70 - €80 to be honest :pac:

If it's marked $200 on the paperwork you should pay no more than I did, slight variance because of the exchange rate maybe.

Where is it now, back in Korea? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Well recieved mine this morning :) Monitor must not have liked Munich that much haha!

Only thing is the seller didnt mark it as a Sample as requested but did put down the value as $200. Didnt get charnged anything this time around but im sure ill get an invoice like you in the coming weeks. Still pretty happy given the overall price for such a great monitor!

Have to sit here in work all day itching to get home and turn this thing on! Arghhh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

I guess its time to order a new monitor :D

Have my monitor all setup and powered on and when I start up my system picks up the POST screen and boot stuff.

I get the windows loading screen and then right as it goes to the login screen it pops black and in left with just a flashing light.

Don't see my login screen or anything.

Iv a HIS HD6950 right now pretty sure that should work.

Any ideas? Am I missing a setup step or anything

• Advertisement

Ok got the monitor on but only in safe mode.. Think i might try update my GFX drivers but not sure if that would help.

Might be something in the BIOS ill play around with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Gotham

MarkJD wrote: »
    Ok got the monitor on but only in safe mode.. Think i might try update my GFX drivers but not sure if that would help.

Might be something in the BIOS ill play around with it!

What monitor is it? The bios isint going to do anything for you. Try different versions of drivers. It's definitely the problem, when you boot in safe mode it ignores the drivers and runs on VGA software graphics. Check your cable too.

Are you using a vga / dvi adapter? if so thats a common issue.
    Need more details on gfx card and screen.

Sorry about lack of details.

QNIX QX2710 Monitor.

Using the DVI- Dual Link cable that came with the monitor plugged into the right spot of my GFX card. It is a HIS HD6950 2GB Card.

When i start the computer up the monitor comes on, i get to see the POST boot process and then I get the windows loading screen. Once that finishes when it goes to the login screen the monitor turns off as if it is in standby mode as it just has a flashing blue light.

If i start the PC in safe mode this doesnt happen and as you mention the monitor stays on just fine (posting from my PC in safemode right now)

Im currently on the latest stable GFX drivers from AMD which are the 13.4 ones. Cant seem to uninstall my drivers to install the new ones because you cannot do that in safe mode.

Hope that helps and appreciate the help!

Couple of things i should probably point out.

These are the slots i have in the back of my GPU.

d200945bd5d97babf9a1e1ef47f14179.jpg

Note the red highlighted box is the slot i currently have the monitor plugged into. It is the only one that i get any signal or connection out of and that is through safe mode as already described.

Which according to my GPU specifications has the following outputs:

DVI Upper Single-link DVI-D + Bottom Dual-link DVI-I

http://www.hisdigital.com/un/product2-576.shtml

This monitor only supports DVI-D Dual Link as per below and as per the sellers instructions.

c9cbaa4185751409531cb04faeebf3ed.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/27-QNIX-QX2710-Evolution-2-ll-2560x1440-WQHD-Samsung-PLS-Monitor-Matt-Screen-/130868312541

By looking at that it seems iv got my cable in the wrong slot but that is the only one i get any connection from? Does my GPU just not work because it doesnt have DVI-D Dual link and only DVI-I Dual link.

Hopefully this helps things further. Thanks again for any help!

It def needs to go in the other slot.

• Advertisement

It def needs to go in the other slot.

Ye Thats what i figured from the start but i dont get any connection with that slot at all.. During boot or safemode i get nothing.

No idea what it is!

Ye Thats what i figured from the start but i dont get any connection with that slot at all.. During boot or safemode i get nothing.

No idea what it is!

In that slot now. Not getting any connectivity! Maybe that slot is bad on my GPU. No idea what else it might be :-/

No expert but seen the below on this link http://www.power-color.com/Manual/090106/Radeon_HD_6900_Series_ENG.pdf ( says AMD Radeon™ HD 6950/6970 at the top of the page )

No display on power up.
    This may be an SBIOS issue. Replace the old card and then try these possible solutions:
    1. Check the motherboard manufacturer's Web site for an SBIOS update.
    2. Turn off the on-board video.

The computer boots up but there is no display.
    Verify that the monitor is connected properly to the computer and a power supply.
    If a DisplayPort adapter, passive dongle, or active dongle is used, visit www.amd.com/
    eyefinity and make sure it appears on AMD's listing of AMD Eyefinity Multi-Display
    Ready or AMD Eyefinity Multi-Display Verified adapters/dongles.
    If your motherboard has on-board graphics capabilities, you may need to disable
    them. Consult your motherboard documentation for more information.
    Note: Some manufacturers do not allow the on-board graphics to be disabled or to
    become the secondary display.

What's the cable connected to the rear of your card on the pic?

Thanks ill look into the BIOS stuff. Had a quick look around it already there was no on board graphics options to turn on or not.

That's a HDMI cable going into the back of my TV. That is currently off but I even removed that from the back of my card and still nothing on the QNIX

Thanks ill look into the BIOS stuff. Had a quick look around it already there was no on board graphics options to turn on or not.

That's a HDMI cable going into the back of my TV. That is currently off but I even removed that from the back of my card and still nothing on the QNIX

Stupid question but did you remove the HDMI and just stick the DVI-D lead on it's own and reboot?

Read that your card wont display both at the same time.

What Mobo are you using and what version bios do you have?

Someone else with a similar problem on the below, might help.

http://superuser.com/questions/547551/video-card-with-2-ports-1-vga-2-dvi-not-running-2-monitors-properly

Ye I tried and nothing . What I have just tried now though is putting it back in the original top slot that I had it in with Safemode and now its working!

That's the slot u reckon ir shouldn't be in though right?
    Stupid question but did you remove the HDMI and just stick the DVI-D lead on it's own and reboot?

Read that your card wont display both at the same time.

Ye I tried and nothing . What I have just tried now though is putting it back in the original top slot that I had it in with Safemode and now its working!

That's the slot u reckon it shouldn't be in though right?

The one that wasn't in your red box is the same as the 1 I have and it works.

Yea well it doesnt work with that connection. Only works with the one that i had highlighted in red. Would you mind taking a SS of your display properties or monitor options so I can compared to mine right now?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Yea well it doesnt work with that connection. Only works with the one that i had highlighted in red. Would you mind taking a SS of your display properties or monitor options so I can compared to mine right now?

Thanks

Is this what you're looking for, I doubt it, doesn't give any info.

Have you the latest driver on your GPU?

Yea kind of thanks! Just wanted to make sure mine was showing up to someone elses incase I was missing a trick.

Mine looks like the below

e04568969279c7616d242c53fa3b52c8.jpg

i tried a quick overclock. Did a 100Mhz option noticed some horizontal lines running across so figured its this current card holding me back. Ill wait to test further when my new system is fully setup.

Followed this link for the O.C btw - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhaiUgELLnM

I guess my only concern is that i dont have this thing in the right slot at the moment but it seems to be working just fine.

have you bothered with colour profiles or any of that?

This is how my backlight bleed is.. Kind really bugged by it my room is generally dark especially in the evening when watching movies etc.

Would this be considered bad? Average or middle of the road. Paid extra for a pixel perfect option too!

097849e78d1e75ac25310ad683ba9dc0_thumb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

That does look fairly bad

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Oh wow that doesn't look very nice..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

That sort of picture is the reason I can't commit to these.

I've been following them since I was first flagged to their availability, but for some reason cannot seem to commit. Too many friends and threads about them dieing after a year or so accross various forums.

Do we have plenty of happy campers at the +1 year mark ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

TheDoc wrote: »
    That sort of picture is the reason I can't commit to these.

I've been following them since I was first flagged to their availability, but for some reason cannot seem to commit. Too many friends and threads about them dieing after a year or so accross various forums.

Do we have plenty of happy campers at the +1 year mark ?

mine, tea's and another friend of ours catleaps are all working fine a year in

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Most peoples are in fact, it's the odd few that don't, same with every monitor, these are better than they should be for the price. Even i f it lasted 1 year the 300e would be worth it, it's so nice.

I'd see if I could return the one above, look at the forums about these, barely anybody has problems like that.

Cheers guys! Iv contacted the seller hopefully they will oblige. Hassle of having to send it back to Korea though.

Iv been looking around a couple of forums and that definitely seems a bit above the average for the backlight bleed.

Any of you guys with the QNIX using colour profiles or anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Aka Ishur

My QNIX from accessorieswhole has been stopped in Customs. They are looking for the paypal receipts, and ebay confirmation. This happen to anyone else?

Advertisement