Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamakasi Catleap monitor club.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Aka Ishur wrote: »
    My QNIX from accessorieswhole has been stopped in Customs. They are looking for the paypal receipts, and ebay confirmation. This happen to anyone else?

happened to me nothing you can do afaik but send in the pp reciept

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

My QNIX from accessorieswhole has been stopped in Customs. They are looking for the paypal receipts, and ebay confirmation. This happen to anyone else?

Happened to me, but not with my monitor.

It was an Android Mini PC - They're requesting receipts so they can figure out how much to charge you ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Which can be faked :p

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Aka Ishur

Not worried about the duty to be honest, rather what kinda delay I will face!!:D

Not worried about the duty to be honest, rather what kinda delay I will face!!:D

The faster you get it to them, the faster it gets to you :p

• Advertisement

Haha I got to them with 5 mins of getting the call!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Hey guys, quick question.

Gonna get myself a Qnix and I'm thinking of going for the more expensive one with the extra ports and scaler so I could plug a console in.

Anyone know if it'll overclock like the standard model? I've heard conflicting reports.

Cheers.

Rob2D wrote: »
    Hey guys, quick question.

Gonna get myself a Qnix and I'm thinking of going for the more expensive one with the extra ports and scaler so I could plug a console in.

Anyone know if it'll overclock like the standard model? I've heard conflicting reports.

Cheers.

I have one but haven't tried overclocking it I'm afraid.

I will note however, that the built in OSD menu is in Korean and I have no idea how to change it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 36 philroche

Danger781 wrote: »
    I have one but haven't tried overclocking it I'm afraid.

I will note however, that the built in OSD menu is in Korean and I have no idea how to change it :p

I have the X-Star with OSD menu. To change language: On the initial main menu, choose second from bottom then you should see the word English as the second option down. Select this and then press menu and the menus will now be in english.

Ordered a Qnix this morning.:D

Hopefully it compares well to the Catleap's

• Advertisement

philroche wrote: »
    I have the X-Star with OSD menu. To change language: On the initial main menu, choose second from bottom then you should see the word English as the second option down. Select this and then press menu and the menus will now be in english.

Thank you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

So Danger, you're happy enough with your D port model yeah?

Reading through some forums and I haven't come across anyone who bought one.

Rob2D wrote: »
    So Danger, you're happy enough with your D port model yeah?

Reading through some forums and I haven't come across anyone who bought one.

Yup have it hooked up via HDMI at the moment as I don't have a DPort cable :) I havent found too much time to tinker with it yet so I really cant give much impression of it yet.

However, despite the fact that I ordered a QNIX I actually receivied an XStar. I really meant to email the seller about that and forgot.. Shall update when he gets back to me :p

no more crusty eyeballs for me:D
    bf3_2013_08_07_18_39_20_056.bmp

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

So have my new system running with some hefty overclocks all going well so far. Have the monitor going at 110mhz and seems fine. Didnt think id really notice a difference but everything is so smooth!

Founds this youtube video on overclocking the monitor really useful if anyone is looking on how to do it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhaiUgELLnM

Do you guys keep your Overclock on all the time? Is there any concerns for damaging the monitor or image burn or anything like that on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

After reading this thread as I was in the market for a 27" monitor I ordered a Qnix Just received my Qnix today have to say i'm very happy with it.

How is your backlight bleed? If you dont mind taking some photos!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

MarkJD wrote: »
    How is your backlight bleed? If you dont mind taking some photos!

I can take a photo is there a proper way to test it I have put a full black screen on and there is a small bit of bleeding in the top left corner I can't notice it with normal use.

I read of someone reducing the bleeding by loosening the screws on the plastic frame as it can pinch the screen and make the bleeding worse.

Yea just take the photos in as dark a room as you can with a black background just be interesting to see it. Ye the seller gave me some threads to read just need to get around to doing it. Let you know how it goes!

Thanks!

Just received my Qnix finally after a week in customs. Pixel perfect is pixel perfect. Will take pic of backlight later...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Dothehustle

Is there a massive difference between the qnix , crossover and the catleap ??

Already have a catleap and looking to get a second

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

The Qnix is overclockable. I think it's much the same as the X-Star. Apart from that, it's pretty much the stand that's all the different.

Danger781 wrote: »
    Were you ever charged VAT or anything? It's been a couple of weeks now and nothing so far for me.
    AntDub wrote: »
    Nothing yet, someone on here reckons they can follow up on it so who knows. I'n all my time dealing with shipments in work from outside the EU they always look for payment on the day. Not sure if they treat business different to the public.

Looking good so far :)
    AntDub wrote: »
    Fu**ers! I spoke too soon about the vat, accounts dept in work just handed me an invoice to approve and confirm what order on the system it's for, turns out it's the SNP crowd I ordered the Monitor from.

Vat = €34.31
    Admin Fee = €10.50
    Total = €44.81

Can't complain with that really

Still haven't been charged anything :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Monotype wrote: »
    The Qnix is overclockable. I think it's much the same as the X-Star. Apart from that, it's pretty much the stand that's all the different.

Also some are LG IPS panel (crossover, Catleap etc)
    Some are Samsung PLS panel(Qnix, X-star)
    There's not a big difference in the two different type of panels though.
    Some are matte and some are glossy and some are somewhere in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Dothehustle

ah went ahead and order the same one again .. cheers lads

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Nearly everyone thats posted on this forum is gonna have a 1440p monitor at this rate....surprise surprise im lookin to get one too!

Jus wondering has anybody got a link to the Qnix/X-Star one with the scaler and hdmi?
    Want to be able to use it for console etc etc just in case

Or it worth the extra cost for the scaler and extra connections?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

It's on my list too. That along with a second 7970 and an oculus rift :) They better release a 1440p version.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Ha, everybody really will have one!!
    I built my first and only custom PC in january and im starting to get carried away already! I figure if I buy the stuff before I come to my senses or run out of money ill be fine:)
    Could loose my job anyday now aswell and im certainly not gonna have any money left for the bank to take, id rather blow it and go to them with nothing!!!

I was planning to leave the monitor till next year but as stated above I might move that forward so just need to figure out what monitor I want

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

If those Qnix models genuinely do overclock to 120hz then I'd go for one of those. Once the supply of the catleap 2b's that did the same dried up you couldn't get anything similar for under €600.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Overclocked mine to 120Hz with no problems.

Advertisement