Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamakasi Catleap monitor club.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

Just a quick question. I'm lookin at getting one second hand. It's a few weeks old. Will the guarantee transfer from the seller to me or what way does it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Who? Ebay? Yes you are covered by them and paypal if you don't receive your goods or receive broken goods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

BloodBath wrote: »
    Who? Ebay? Yes you are covered by them and paypal if you don't receive your goods or receive broken goods.

Was looking more at adverts. I was just wondering if the warranty he has on the screen still exists if i purchase the screen off him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

BloodBath wrote: »
    I'd sooner spend the extra for the extra connectivity instead of the perfect pixel model. Screw the overclocking. You're not going to get anywhere near 120 fps in most games at that res anyway.

Accessorieswhole has a good dead pixel policy of a max of 3. The majority of people seem to be getting 0.

You wouldn't notice a tiny dead pixel on a monitor like that.

Does anyone know if the scalar and menu osd increases the latency at all?

It does add a bit yes. But as you say the ability to plug in whatever I want is more important than latency or overclocking.

I did buy a pixel perfect version from accessorieswhole though. I've heard that people have had more success at returning a monitor if they bought pixel perfect. I'm 100% sure they don't check them before they leave Korea so its all just luck really. But they will honour their claim of pixel perfect and take it back if needs be.

So, just something to consider for anyone buying one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Its unlikely you'd get anything out of the warranty through 3rd party screen gotten through adverts, in order to claim it you would need the ebay account and paypal account it was brought with, lots of hassle for the adverts seller if something does go wrong, and I'd say the korean lads would find it an easy excuse to say no too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭AH92

Hey guys, To follow up my monitor has no dead pixels and no back light bleed :D
    I overclocked it to 120hz but it has gotten much darker, I tried a 120 hz color profile but i'm not sure if it did the trick. Any recommendations for a profile?

Fedex dropped the parcel off at the parents place, here is hoping all is well with my Qnix !

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭dark_jedi_ire

@Immitation, Let me know who you used and the outcome/Pic/Pixels/Bleed and which exact one you ordered if you dont mind,. Im about to order myself and holding back simply cause I dont want to get stung and Im a Scaredy cat ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

imitation wrote: »
    Fedex dropped the parcel off at the parents place, here is hoping all is well with my Qnix !

You wont know yourself..got mine last Friday and its the dog bollox..
    Just a touch of bleed the size of a 20cent piece that cant be seen while gaming and perfect pixels..

Do we have say a google Doc or anything, of who bought what model from what supplier and results? Bleed dead pixels? etc.

Just wondering as it would be handy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭rd1izb7lvpuksx

Do we have say a google Doc or anything, of who bought what model from what supplier and results? Bleed dead pixels? etc.

Just wondering as it would be handy

The OP has a link to this one.

Thanks Donny345, But with the Recent surge in Qnix purchases, wondering if we had an updated version with the same info..

Thanks,, Seems to be down to GreenSum and accessorieswhole (I emailed and didnt get back) hmm,,

Folks are Dividied waste money on the Perfect pixel models or risk it,, hrmmm

OK, its either of these
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Free-Express-New-QNIX-QX2710-LED-Evolution-27-PLS-Computer-Monitor-Matte-/140997037695?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item20d4140e7f
    Or
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/New-YAMAKASI-CATLEAP-Q270-SE-27-LED-2560X1440-WQHD-DVI-D-Dual-Computer-Monitor-/140738200221?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item20c4a6829d

Its for PC gaming only,, (cash difference isnt important) Which would you choose?

Appreciate it guys

@Immitation, Let me know who you used and the outcome/Pic/Pixels/Bleed and which exact one you ordered if you dont mind,. Im about to order myself and holding back simply cause I dont want to get stung and Im a Scaredy cat ;-)

Will do, hopefully there isnt a 300 euro paperweight waiting for me !

Thats my Fear m8.. Fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Aka Ishur

Hi immitation and Dark Jedi, just to reassure you guys, the screens are excellently packed. I would and did go pixel perfect from accessorieswhole. worth it in my mind for the peace of mind.

Thanks Aka Ishur..

Am going to wait for Immitations Results, I think for my piece of Mind I will also go for pixel perfect from accessorieswhole for mine
    as in this Exact one
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/QNIX-QX2710-LED-Evolution-ll-Matte-Perfect-Pixel-27-2560x1440-PC-Monitor-/111088789065?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item19dd686649

Once I hear good I think I am happy enough to pull the trigger as such,,

Thanks Aka Ishur..

Am going to wait for Immitations Results, I think for my piece of Mind I will also go for pixel perfect from accessorieswhole for mine
    as in this Exact one
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/QNIX-QX2710-LED-Evolution-ll-Matte-Perfect-Pixel-27-2560x1440-PC-Monitor-/111088789065?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item19dd686649

Once I hear good I think I am happy enough to pull the trigger as such,,

Chicken....:D
    Just go for it..

Damn you,, if only you knew how much that could work lol... :-)

Will Wait for Immitations. just because :-) but the Second he gives thumbs up, bang and the job is done

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Pixel Perfect model doesn't seem worth it to me. They'll probably just refund x amount per dead pixel as sending it back to Korea would be cost prohibitive. So, in the event that it does have dead pixels, you're still going to be stuck with it.

Damn you,, if only you knew how much that could work lol... :-)

Will Wait for Immitations. just because :-) but the Second he gives thumbs up, bang and the job is done

I was hesitant like yourself until I had a whiskies then said fook it.... I hit the pay now button and am well impressed...

• Advertisement

Hence why Im staying away from doing this on a Weekend.. lol.. Otherwise I would have purchased it two weeks ago,
    Ah some of the dead pixels and bleed are throwing me off, I know I will have hit pay now by this time tomorrow,
    and when it arrives I will be over the moon and wondering what the hell I was worrying about,

Hence why Im staying away from doing this on a Weekend.. lol.. Otherwise I would have purchased it two weeks ago,
    Ah some of the dead pixels and bleed are throwing me off, I know I will have hit pay now by this time tomorrow,
    and when it arrives I will be over the moon and wondering what the hell I was worrying about,

Well good luck with it....It is a small gamble..I was lucky and got no dead pixels and the smallest amount of bleed that im quite sure I can fix myself by taking off the bezel and realigning it. the bleed I cant even notice so Im not going to bother me hole pulling it apart..

you will want this when you get it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WexJRnud32U

Yes have the Tests Already to go, and thanks ,, Have been following the thread with much jealously :-)

Yes have the Tests Already to go, and thanks ,, Have been following the thread with much jealously :-)

no worries kid..:cool:

Hey chaps, sorry I took a while to get back, I've been busily playing with my new screen ! All was well when I opened the parcel all the way from Bucheon in S.Korea. The monitor was well wrapped (there was a nice scratch in the cardboard which was a bit concerning).

I unplugged my old Samsung sa700 and BW225 and plugged the DVI DL cable that I knew was good straight in, the monitor showed the boot up no problem, a great sign. Once into Windows it picked up the res straight away. I got a few 1440p wallpapers, the screen is really nice and bright, with vibrant colours and great viewing angles. The matte finish stood up really well in a bright room with direct sunlight (I still drew the blinds though, while I could see the picture perfectly the reflecting was making me cross eyed)

I fired up planetside immediately, at this stage the monitor was perched 9 inchs away from my eyes. Once I booted up the game I felt pretty darn immersed, I was brought back to the days of getting to use a huge 22" screen at a webcafe for counterstrike when I was a youngster. After a crack off guildwars 2 and Far cry 3 I was happy enough my rig can handle 1440 and look decent enough, although I think I can forget about 120hz.

I got down to the less fun bits then, I did a dead/stuck pixel test, apart from a few false positives caused by bits of a fluff it looks like I have got lucky with a pixel perfect screen. Honestly though they are so small its not impossible that I might have missed a dead one.

The backlight bleed wasn't so successful sadly, theres quite a noticeable V shaped bleed at the dead bottom of the screen. Turning the brightness down from its retina searing default helps a lot, but its really very noticable in movies or anything particularlly dark. It does seem like something might be pincing the screen, maybe one can do a DIY fix it up job.

Heres a pic max brightness
    http://imgur.com/J3uS7CQ

Knocking down the brightness takes a good chunk off it, but its still noticeable on dark screens. For an approximation of how it looks during a movie.

http://imgur.com/mW0Z2TO

Honestly, if your a fan of dark movies I would be careful based on my experience, it would be pretty maddening if you got a screen like this - I guess it depends on the type of person you are.

As for me ? I'm not going to contest it - I'm somewhat laid back about things like this, and I have expressed my reservations about people who send back 3-4 monitors in a row for things like BLB. At the same time its bad enough that if I had brought it in a B&M shop I would take it back. For the hassle & cost of shipping this back though.. I'll live with it. Plus its a bargain, around 300 euro for a screen that would cost at least 900 euro if you were to buy it as named brand. Its also not too far off the blb you'd get with those first TFT screens (like my 225bw). Anyway, I'm happy, it works, its huge, picture looks massive and lets face it, I watch my moody dark movies on the sofa on the bigger telly anyway !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

That's pretty bad BLB but I'm sure you could fix it yourself if you were willing to remount it inside the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Aka Ishur

imitation wrote: »
    Hey chaps, sorry I took a while to get back, I've been busily playing with my new screen ! All was well when I opened the parcel all the way from Bucheon in S.Korea. The monitor was well wrapped (there was a nice scratch in the cardboard which was a bit concerning).

If you are gonna work on it I suggest this site as a resource. I used it to take the stand off mine. Also good overclocking guide. http://www.overclock.net/t/1384767/official-the-korean-pls-monitor-club-qnix-x-star

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Jesus that's some horrible BLB

• Advertisement

Well thats why I was holding off,, that would horribly annoy the Sh1t out of me,,,

Back to the drawing board I think,,, Its just to hit and miss with these monitors

Imitation.,. who did you get it off?

Guys,, what other options do I have, Catleap?

Advertisement