Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamakasi Catleap monitor club.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

yawhat! wrote: »
    Anyone have a decent guide on overclocking the Qnix?

Good Resource for Qnix

Sorry put wrong link in first,fixed now

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

Or this is the one I used (from someone earlier in this thread..)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhaiUgELLnM

Its really easy.

Sirinava.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Do you guys know if the 30" are overclocable? I am thinking of shifting my 27" and get a 30", I like the bigger size.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

EoinHef wrote: »
    Thats a weird one,maybe they want to have a look and make revisions of the hardware to stop it happening,would make sense if they have to keep covering return costs for this issue

He said he needed to return it to the manufacturer. I assume he will be covered by a warranty of some sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Blitz17

Thinking of selling my LG 23" IPS monitor and going for one of these monitors. Are all the sellers pretty much the same or is there any in particular that everyone recommends ? Also there is lots to choose from and my head hurts looking at them all ! Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Seaaan

Blitz17 wrote: »
    Thinking of selling my LG 23" IPS monitor and going for one of these monitors. Are all the sellers pretty much the same or is there any in particular that everyone recommends ? Also there is lots to choose from and my head hurts looking at them all ! Lol

EoinHef explains it all 2-3 pages back. I'm doing the same as you :D

Anyone try to get 3 of these going in eyefinity? That would be sweeeet. I have a 7970, I would need two really to power the 3 screens @ 1440p and how would the connections work? Adapters?

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

The Red wrote: »
    Anyone try to get 3 of these going in eyefinity? That would be sweeeet. I have a 7970, I would need two really to power the 3 screens @ 1440p and how would the connections work? Adapters?

I don't think that would be great. 3 x 1440 is 50% more pixels than a 4K monitor. I don't think a pair of 7970's is going to cut it.

Really? damn... I think ill wait for the Oculus so... peripheral vision wanted :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭rd1izb7lvpuksx

Luck100 wrote: »
    I don't think that would be great. 3 x 1440 is 50% more pixels than a 4K monitor. I don't think a pair of 7970's is going to cut it.

I'm not so sure about that. I'm running at 60 FPS on high/ultra on BF4/Far Cry 3/Bioshock Infinite on 3 1080 monitors with just 2 7950s, which is 6220800 pixels. Triple 1440 is only 11059200 pixels, or 1.78 times as many pixels as I have. 7970s might do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

I'm not so sure about that. I'm running at 60 FPS on high/ultra on BF4/Far Cry 3/Bioshock Infinite on 3 1080 monitors with just 2 7950s, which is 6220800 pixels. Triple 1440 is only 11059200 pixels, or 1.78 times as many pixels as I have. 7970s might do it.

Hmm, my math was a bit off. Only 33% more pixels than a 4K monitor. It's still going to use a lot of vram. If you're happy to turn down the settings a bit you might be okay.

Well if any of ye ever wnat to meet up and bring your 1440s we could set em up and see! :D

I have one MSI 7970 running my Qnix 27" 1440 and with almost everything on ultra (except AA and AO) I get playable 40 - 50 fps.

I reckon 3 of them with xfired 7970s with a good bit of tweaking it would get the job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Maragenie

Well lads, I'd say between this thread and a few other ones from other forums that were linked on here I must of read 500 pages but I'm still really no closer to deciding if I should pay the extra for the Perfect Pixel or not and also which seller is the most trust worthy. By Jazeus there's enough of them on ebay now selling these babies!

Accessorieswhole are saying upto one dead pixel (how that's perfect I dunno) but Storewithstory is saying zero dead pixels but it's costing about €30 more. All the other sellers seem to avoid mentioning it completely their ads. Most are saying they mark down the value aswell and Accessorieswhole even offered to mark it as a gift. :P

Pay the extra or take a chance?

www.confused.com

Perfect pixel policy is a bit silly in my opinion. If you can notice 1 or 2 dead pixels out of the 3,686,400 in the monitor, then fair feckin' play to ya.

Besides, in the off chance that your 'perfect pixel' model arrives with dead pixels, he will just refund the difference.

Nice one Danger, but would you basically pick up the cheapest Qnix on Ebay so at that rate or give some cred to the sellers in general?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Free of Dead pixels isnt worth the money imo, I havent seen a massive amount of reports of dead pixels, my own has none that I can notice. Now if they could one free of backlight bleed I would pay the extra as that seems to be common enough.

Dhl want my PayPal receipt.. Does this mean I'll be hit with the standard 50 or so?

Seaaan wrote: »
    Dhl want my PayPal receipt.. Does this mean I'll be hit with the standard 50 or so?

Yeah seems so. 23% of the price listed on the receipt, plus an administration charge.
    Maragenie wrote: »
    Nice one Danger, but would you basically pick up the cheapest Qnix on Ebay so at that rate or give some cred to the sellers in general?

While I can't really recommend a model type as I only have seen a QNX QX2710 in person, I can give you my experience with the seller accessorieswhole.

I had my monitor for less than a half a year before getting up one morning to find that the monitor wouldn't turn on. No power whatsoever. This was frustrating as you can imagine. So I contacted the seller and after two full week of emails back and forth and getting even further frustrated by the entire situation the seller eventually sent me a replacement board for the monitor which he expected me install myself. I was not happy with the result at all, but.. Looking back now at the situation it was relatively flawless despite all my complaining :o
    • When I informed the seller than my monitor was no longer powering on, he gave me two options. He could either send me a replacement board free of charge and I would have to install it myself, or I could pay the shipping back to Korea. A quick quote on FedEx gave me an estimate of well over €100 so I agreed on the replacement component. This seems to be the way with all sellers though unfortunately. They will cover parts but not return shipping after the first month or so.
    • The seller only responds to emails on Monday to Friday and due to time zone restrictions it was usualy one email per day. This is partly the reason why it took so long to resolve my problem.
    • Replacing the board wasn't difficult, but it was frustrating at certain points and most definitely needs another pair of hands.
    • After replacing the board he expected me to return the broken one to him, and to be fair he covered the cost of registered postage.

23% of item price or 23% incl. delivery? It was 260 with delivery so will I be hit 60 euro odd?!

Seaaan wrote: »

Do you mind me asking what shop did you use on Ebay and how did they mark it up?

• Advertisement

Do you mind me asking what shop did you use on Ebay and how did they mark it up?

Storewithstory was the shop. He marked as a gift I think

Hmmm so the auld marked as a gift scam isn't cutting it. Safer to just mark it down so as $200 me thinks.

Hmmm so the auld marked as a gift scam isn't cutting it. Safer to just mark it down so as $200 me thinks.

I asked him what kind of value it'd be marked at, and says he's marked it as a gift

It is done...

Pulled the trigger on the Qnix 27", paid €258 and asked them to mark it down for $200 so hopefully now everything works out. I went with accessorieswhole as quite a few people have already purchased from them and reported back 0 dead pixels.

Wish me luck. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭yawhat!

It is done...

Pulled the trigger on the Qnix 27", paid €258 and asked them to mark it down for $200 so hopefully now everything works out. I went with accessorieswhole as quite a few people have already purchased from them and reported back 0 dead pixels.

Wish me luck. :P

Customs will look for some sort of receipt but seller will send it on if you email them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

I was never asked to produce anything. I didn't even know my monitor was in the country until I got the below text! I didn't ask the seller to mark it as a gift or lower price or anything.

I got a return email tonight saying they'll declare the monitor for $200, fair play to them.

Anyone else feel like these monitors are absolutely awful for watching series / movies on? Everything is so dark I can hardly make out what's going on.

Then I watch the same thing on my 1080p TV and it's like an entirely different show.

Yeah, you have to crank the brightness to the last. At least I had to when I got my Qnix.

Then I altered the colour and everything else in Catalyst Control Centre.

Pretty much no setting control on the monitor itself.

Other than that its perfect.

:)

• Advertisement

Brightness that high is blinding. It literally hurts my eyes.

I have the built in OSD menu on mine.

Advertisement