Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamakasi Catleap monitor club.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

Oh, ok, mine goes up to just normal level at its peak.

I shouldnt comment on yours so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Seaaan

How do I achieve 96/120hz

Depending on your monitor ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhaiUgELLnM

This one worked well for me.

Once I go past 80hz it doesn't show up as an option in advanced settings. Why's this?

Edit: Got 110hz, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Maragenie

Danger781 wrote: »
    Anyone else feel like these monitors are absolutely awful for watching series / movies on? Everything is so dark I can hardly make out what's going on.

Then I watch the same thing on my 1080p TV and it's like an entirely different show.

Are you dealing with a Qnix or Catleap monitor Danger?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Maragenie wrote: »
    Are you dealing with a Qnix or Catleap monitor Danger?

QNIX QX2710 DPort model

Hmmm

Hoping mine comes in the post on Mon/Tues. Just really worried that the GTX 670 is going to hold me back. I'm running an i7 4770k@ 4.5ghz and 16GB of Ram so it's really the GPU that's letting the whole build down. How I'd love a GTX 780/780ti but them things are made money at the minute.

Should never of sold the other 670 but at the time I wasn't even thinking about this monitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

Hmmm

Hoping mine comes in the post on Mon/Tues. Just really worried that the GTX 670 is going to hold me back. I'm running an i7 4770k@ 4.5ghz and 16GB of Ram so it's really the GPU that's letting the whole build down. How I'd love a GTX 780/780ti but them things are made money at the minute.

Should never of sold the other 670 but at the time I wasn't even thinking about this monitor.

Should be fine, i'm ordering one as well and i have a 670gtx.
    I've read that you can turn down AA on a 1440p monitor and won't notice it as much

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

Hmmm

you will be fine, don't need AA on such resolution
    http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2261082

Keep in mind those are GPU bound games. CPU bound games like RTS/mmo/simulators won't feel much difference.

I find it silly when people say you won't notice AA at 1440p.. You do notice the difference

You just won't notice it quite as much as you would at 1080p, so reducing at 1440p won't have as much of an impact as reducing it at 1080p.

• Advertisement

I find it silly when people say you won't notice AA at 1440p.. You do notice the difference

You just won't notice it quite as much as you would at 1080p, so reducing at 1440p won't have as much of an impact as reducing it at 1080p.

I said you won't notice it as much, of course you'll notice it but it's not such a big deal when you got so many pixels on a screen

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

It must be a super boring or static game if noAA at 1440p bothers you :rolleyes:
    Yes ofcourse you can notice it, I've even seen jaggies at 8xMSAA, but only because I was looking for them. If jaggies are super bad, post processing AA such as FXAA could come in handy, or at least 2xMSAA with some other shader setting turned down a notch to even it out.

My monitor is in Dublin waiting for clearance, hopefully get it tomorrow. :)

My monitor is in Dublin waiting for clearance, hopefully get it tomorrow. :)

Good luck!

Stuck in Dublin anyways with a clearance delay, big joke if you ask me. How something can travel half way around the world in 2 days and then it take the same length of time or longer (saying wed) to get from Dublin to Limerick.

GRRRRR!!!!!!!!

EDIT: In transit :)

I have the qnix and I just knock AA off... I dont care about it and it is brutal on BF4 for frames, naturally.

The monitor arrived this morning anyways lads but I didn't get a chance to open her up yet and test it out. So far no sign of a customs bill and the item was marked down for $200 so fingers crossed now they don't follow it up. :P

Has everyone got stung for the import tax?

The monitor arrived this morning anyways lads but I didn't get a chance to open her up yet and test it out. So far no sign of a customs bill and the item was marked down for $200 so fingers crossed now they don't follow it up. :P

Has everyone got stung for the import tax?

Who delivered? It was FedEx for me, got the bill over a month later.

Fedex yeah.

Anyhows...

I'm using the monitor right now and straight off I can't see a single dead Pixel, however I do have some light bleed coming from the top just off center. I've heard it's possible to sort that out though but could do with a pointer if anyone knows a good tutorial?

Don't get me wrong it's not insane, but things like that really annoy me and if I can do a quick easy fix then why not. I've heard about removing the bezel (4 screws) and packing in some paper to ease off the pressure or something down those lines but I'm no way clear on it.

No dead pixels is a good thing though, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Blitz17

Fedex yeah.

Anyhows...

I'm using the monitor right now and straight off I can't see a single dead Pixel, however I do have some light bleed coming from the top just off center. I've heard it's possible to sort that out though but could do with a pointer if anyone knows a good tutorial?

Don't get me wrong it's not insane, but things like that really annoy me and if I can do a quick easy fix then why not. I've heard about removing the bezel (4 screws) and packing in some paper to ease off the pressure or something down those lines but I'm no way clear on it.

No dead pixels is a good thing though, right?

If its the Qnix then I think this guide from overclock.net is followed

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnVkA6ZcoQv5piavGXZDJv3Wj2E4MT_iE

• Advertisement

Hmmm that doesn't look all that straight forward, he also doesn't show before and after pics so I haven't a clue if it was even worth it tbh.

Well after a night of Gaming I'm not even going to bother messing with the monitor, tbh I can't even notice it anymore.

Beaming, thanks for the advice lads. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭yawhat!

I got a customs charges bill at the beginning of December of FedEx. I never paid it and haven't heard anything since. First sign of another letter from them I will pay it.

yawhat! wrote: »
    I got a customs charges bill at the beginning of December of FedEx. I never paid it and haven't heard anything since. First sign of another letter from them I will pay it.

I think I got a letter about 2 or 3 months later, saying I had one month or so to pay or they'd be pursuing legal action.

Got a Qnix today, no dead pixels and no bleeding, Custom charge was only 17€
    Delighted with it

KilOit wrote: »
    Delighted with it

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Concerned Irishman

Hi Guys,

I just discovered this forum and I have found it very interesting.

I have a question. My PC sports an ATI 5570 graphics card. I have spotted on some of the specs for the 27" 2560 X 1440 monitors that this card is not supported. Is this a general limitation of the graphics card for all monitors of this type or just certain monitor?

Can any one recommend a monitor for this card?

Regards

Hi Guys,

I just discovered this forum and I have found it very interesting.

I have a question. My PC sports an ATI 5570 graphics card. I have spotted on some of the specs for the 27" 2560 X 1440 monitors that this card is not supported. Is this a general limitation of the graphics card for all monitors of this type or just certain monitor?

Can any one recommend a monitor for this card?

Regards

You just need to have a dual link DVI output

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

KilOit wrote: »
    Delighted with it

Nice one dude, mine was only €17 as well!

• Advertisement

..Brian.. wrote: »
    Nice one dude, mine was only €17 as well!

I got the one you got, clicked the link you posted :D

I did email them and asked them to mark it as low as possible.
    They emailed back that they would and also mark it as gift, docket from DHL said it was 100€

Advertisement