Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamakasi Catleap monitor club.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Armedocr

Hey guys I've done a bit of searching but can't seem to find a solid answer. Has anyone had any luck connecting a ps4 to a D-Port model? I'm moving to the UK for a few months and can't bring the tv so I'd love to pick up one of these. I can always use it on my pc when I come home.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Unfortunately cant give you a solid answer either!!

I have a PS4 but have the DVI model Qnix
    Theres a few here with D-Port models, surely one has to have a PS4 hopefully

I see no reason why it wouldnt work though, the D-Port model has a scaler and a hdmi port

What the image quality would look like is a different matter, ive found 1080p doesnt look as sharp on the bigger screen as it used to on a native 1080p monitor. Keep in mind not all games on PS4 are gonna be native 1080p either, some will be less with upscaling applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭michaelotoole

There are a few models with multiple input boards... check overclockers, I believe there are several post some mentioning ps4...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭yawhat!

Im selling one here :) 250 but will prob let it go for 220

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

yawhat! wrote: »
    Im selling one here :) 250 but will prob let it go for 220

Would you be able to post to Dublin or meet in the Carlow/Portlaoise area this weekend?
    This is the same Genghiz as on Adverts :p

• Advertisement

Would you be able to post to Dublin or meet in the Carlow/Portlaoise area this weekend?
    This is the same Genghiz as on Adverts :p

I'm working in Dublin till 8 tonight and then driving home to Kilkenny. I could pop into Carlow on the way or could meet up in Dublin.

I'm working in Dublin till 8 tonight and then driving home to Kilkenny. I could pop into Carlow on the way or could meet up in Dublin.

Meet in Dublin on Tuesday?

Yea that's grand.

Yea that's grand.

Grand, I made an offer on Adverts. I can throw a few quid on top for delivery ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

I love it when a plan comes together. ^ ;)

• Advertisement

Girlfriend is super jealous of my glorious 1440p display.
    Where is the best place to get her one these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

How much is a 2C Catleap worth secondhand?

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Landoflemon

Got my QNIX a few months back, and didn't try over clocking until tonight. I've it at 110hz, 120hz caused flickering lines. Movement on the screen now is super smooth. I use it for CAD modelling, and it makes motion and view manipulation of my models seem more 'real-life' to my eyes. Super happy with the results.

Same as this ^

Im really trying to push friends to get these. its such a good deal.

Tried overclocking and once I use CRU to set a 96Hz profile and restart it doesn't appear in the Nvidia refresh rate drop down menu.
    I've installed ToastyX drivers too but still no luck.

kPwI4TE.png
    Anyone else have this issue?

Did you patch?

The Red wrote: »
    Did you patch?

The graphics drivers? Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bacon and Cabbage

Thinking of picking up one of these, can anyone recommend one which will definitely overclock to 120hz?

The dual dvi Qnix DEFINITELY overclocks to 110hz. 120hz causes flickering and lines for me but 110 is stable for me since I got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Seaaan

The Red wrote: »
    The dual dvi Qnix DEFINITELY overclocks to 110hz. 120hz causes flickering and lines for me but 110 is stable for me since I got it.

For me 110 can be iffy. I keep it at 96, flicker free

• Advertisement

That would be this one right? http://www.ebay.ie/itm/QNIX-QX2710-LED-Evolution-ll-SE-Matte-27-SAMSUNG-PLS-2560x1440-WQHD-PC-Monitor-/111258830737?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item19e78b0791

What's the deal with customs, do you need to ask the seller to mark it at a specific value?

That would be this one right? http://www.ebay.ie/itm/QNIX-QX2710-LED-Evolution-ll-SE-Matte-27-SAMSUNG-PLS-2560x1440-WQHD-PC-Monitor-/111258830737?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item19e78b0791

What's the deal with customs, do you need to ask the seller to mark it at a specific value?

It's a bit of a lottery, you might get charged, you might not.

You can get the declared value changed but sometimes Customs will call your bluff and just charge you the proper amount.
    If you do get the value changed, use something believable. If they see €0.20 on a huge box, they're gonna open it.

200 dollars is a fair chance. I've heard of a few people getting away with that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Both myself and KilOit orded this one and customs only came in at €17. KilOit asked them to make the value down to €100. I didn't, don't recall what the value was put down as though.

:EDIT: Shipping was only 3 days btw and I got a text message from DPD asking me to call their credit control department to pay the €17 by VISA debit or whatever.

..Brian.. wrote: »
    Both myself and KilOit orded this one and customs only came in at €17. KilOit asked them to make the value down to €100. I didn't, don't recall what the value was put down as though.

:EDIT: Shipping was only 3 days btw and I got a text message from DPD asking me to call their credit control department to pay the €17 by VISA debit or whatever.

Nice one, and that model can be overclocked yeah?

Nice one, and that model can be overclocked yeah?

Yes, it's the one I have, but I was charged full customs

how much was that?

60 euro.

^ I was charged same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Just got around to overclocking my Qnix QX2710 Evo II, only took about 10 minutes. I was getting intermittent horizontal purple lines across the screen at 120mhz so I dialled it back to 110mhz. Working flawlessly.

Playing Skyrim on ultra with HD textures at 1440p at a rock solid 110fps ..... it's soooooooo smooth!

Advertisement