Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamakasi Catleap monitor club.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Id keep all those emails and get in touch with paypal,just in case you try the fix and it doesnt work. At that point id insist on a refund or replacement.

One of the lads attempted a fix on a qnix awhile ago,cant remember who it was,fix didnt work so he pressed for a refund. He got it after a few emails back and forth,was acessorieswhole as well so you should be ok.

I reckon they just play hard ball to weed out the feint of heart but if you press them should get it.

Hope the fix works for ye anyway,best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Sorry for your troubles man.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

raymix wrote: »
    has anyone got one of those "Multi TRUE10" editions? They seem to claim those are an upgrade, but the price is actually lower. Says "no frame skipping when overclocking" on a tin.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/QNIX-QX2710-LED-Evolution-II-Multi-TRUE10-SE-27-2560x1440-Monitor-Overclockable-/121362628914?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item1c41c6c132

Looks like a descent deal to me.

Girlfriends arrived Friday. It's very near perfect. No dead/stuck pixels and only a tiny mount of bleed in the bottom corners and a 20c coin sized one in the middle. Unnoticeable while in use.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,175 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Girlfriends arrived Friday. It's very near perfect. No dead/stuck pixels and only a tiny mount of bleed in the bottom corners and a 20c coin sized one in the middle. Unnoticeable while in use.
    Has she tried overclocking it? Or will that not work because of the multi inputs?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Has she tried overclocking it? Or will that not work because of the multi inputs?

She hasn't. I tried it on my previous gen one and I got up to 90Hz fairly easily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

Ok, little update: Qnix responded that it can't be fixed, so I assume it's the faulty LCD, so accessorieswhole offers either partial refund of $120 or full refund if I return the monitor, they don't do replacements. What would you guys do?
    Monitor does OC to 120 without issues, hmm

raymix wrote: »
    Ok, little update: Qnix responded that it can't be fixed, so I assume it's the faulty LCD, so accessorieswhole offers either partial refund of $120 or full refund if I return the monitor, they don't do replacements. What would you guys do?
    Monitor does OC to 120 without issues, hmm
    Are they suggesting you pay for returns?

After seeing dead monitors on a few different forums, I emailed a couple of sellers to see what their DOA policy was. accessorieswhole said, "If the monitor is DOA is unfixable, we will pay return cost."

After seeing dead monitors on a few different forums, I emailed a couple of sellers to see what their DOA policy was. accessorieswhole said, "If the monitor is DOA is unfixable, we will pay return cost."

That definitely sounds like something worth following up on.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

Yeah they are offering full refund and return cost. Still in between decisions, if they take away this (even in broken state) monitor, I will quit life :pac:
    But guess I'll go ahead and accept DOA return for a full refund. That would make more sense, as I am not really losing much, just time.

I'd rather that than be out of pocket :) The way I read your post first I thought you'd be down money with either option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

..Brian.. wrote: »
    Both myself and KilOit orded this one and customs only came in at €17. KilOit asked them to make the value down to €100. I didn't, don't recall what the value was put down as though.

:EDIT: Shipping was only 3 days btw and I got a text message from DPD asking me to call their credit control department to pay the €17 by VISA debit or whatever.
    I ordered the same monitor and asked for €100 to be the valuation.

Order was placed Tuesday night last and it was in Shannon early AM Friday morning which is crazy fast.

I got charged €33 by DHL (€10 admin fee & €23 VAT due on the €100 evaluation) so all for just under €300 total.

I wouldn't chance a lesser declaration value tbh. You really don't want customs doing a proper check on it.

It's crazy how fast they are, considering it can take a couple of weeks to get something from Germany!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

Has anyone here been disappointed with the overclocking results of their Korean monitor? Assuming that was part fo the appeal for you of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

From what I've seen, few people get up to 120Hz with it being fully stable, but everyone I've seen that tried got about the 100Hz.

Mines stable at 110mhz. I get intermittent horizontal purples lines and flickering at 120mhz.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Seaaan

Mines fine at 110hz. Occasional horizontal lines but nothing that bothers me. 120hz makes it unusable though

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

Mine has been at 110hz since I got it and straight away I oc'd it. And I havent had any flickering or lines since.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 GerryTheLeper

She hasn't. I tried it on my previous gen one and I got up to 90Hz fairly easily.

As far as I know the "Multi TRUE10" editions can't be overclocked.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Monotype wrote: »
    From what I've seen, few people get up to 120Hz with it being fully stable, but everyone I've seen that tried got about the 100Hz.

is that not the opposite results from the other forum with everybody going to 120? Mine is fine at 120 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Did you get one of the early Yamakasis though? From what I've seen the Qnixs seem to do 100Mhz-115MHz. Maybe I'm not reading in the right places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Aka Ishur

Mine has been at 110hz for the start trouble free, but more importantly I am selling my qnix as part of a dual monitor package;

http://www.adverts.ie/monitors/27-1440p-110hz-qnix-24-1080p-benq-dual-stand-package/6101941

Mods; if this is not allowed I apologise before deletion!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

KerranJast wrote: »
    I ordered the same monitor and asked for €100 to be the valuation.

Order was placed Tuesday night last and it was in Shannon early AM Friday morning which is crazy fast.

I got charged €33 by DHL (€10 admin fee & €23 VAT due on the €100 evaluation) so all for just under €300 total.

I wouldn't chance a lesser declaration value tbh. You really don't want customs doing a proper check on it.

So thinking about ordering one of these in the next week or two:
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Perfect-Pixel-27-Slim-Qnix-QX2710-Evolution-II-LED-PLS-2560x1440-QHD-Monitor-/221413502872?

Is there anything you guys would recommend doing before or during ordering?

Also, if DHL are shipping them, whats the story if they arrive at your home and you are not there?

OmegaRed wrote: »
    So thinking about ordering one of these in the next week or two:
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Perfect-Pixel-27-Slim-Qnix-QX2710-Evolution-II-LED-PLS-2560x1440-QHD-Monitor-/221413502872?

Is there anything you guys would recommend doing before or during ordering?

Also, if DHL are shipping them, whats the story if they arrive at your home and you are not there?

They call before coming. Also you'll get a text requesting customs payment the morning of delivery so you'll know they'll come that day.

Don't be stupid and try to declare too low s value, you won't succeed!

Seaaan wrote: »
    They call before coming. Also you'll get a text requesting customs payment the morning of delivery so you'll know they'll come that day.

Don't be stupid and try to declare too low s value, you won't succeed!

Was going to declare a value of 100 as above

Do you ask the ebay seller to declare what the value is or will DHL ask you?

Ask eBay seller to mark it as whatever you want, they mightn't do it and you'll be hit with 60€ then. (That's not fun..)

Out of interest, for anyone who bough their monitor from 'storewithstory' (http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Perfect-Pixel...-/221413502872?), any chance you would share your tracking number with me so that I can compare and see where abouts mine should be please?

OmegaRed wrote: »
    Out of interest, for anyone who bough their monitor from 'storewithstory' (http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Perfect-Pixel...-/221413502872?), any chance you would share your tracking number with me so that I can compare and see where abouts mine should be please?

Don't have number, but in 1 day mine got to Germany, and next day was in Shannon.

• Advertisement

Seaaan wrote: »
    Don't have number, but in 1 day mine got to Germany, and next day was in Shannon.

Thanks Seaaan!

Update 1: After buying Sunday night, my DHL tracking status as of 8.15 this morning is 'With delivery courier'. I'm presuming this means it's on its way.

I still haven't received anything from customs.....

Fingers crossed there are no issues when i set it up tonight.

Advertisement