Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WestPort

Options
  • 26-03-2012 2:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi, apologises if this is the wrong section for posting. I am a Killarney lad in my mid 20's. Gang of us are thinking of hitting WestPort for the May Bank Holiday. Just wondering is it good crack up there & worth the trip? What bars & niteclubs would u recommend? Things to do during the day? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

J_Mac wrote: »
    Hi, apologises if this is the wrong section for posting. I am a Killarney lad in my mid 20's. Gang of us are thinking of hitting WestPort for the May Bank Holiday. Just wondering is it good crack up there & worth the trip? What bars & niteclubs would u recommend? Things to do during the day? Thanks
    It's simply Westport.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It is worth the trip. Have a search of this forum and google things to do in Westport.
    It's not jammers with things to do but have a few things for visitors.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,273 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

town will be hopping that weekend. If the weather's good its a great place to be too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭bensweeney

You should try Castlebar to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

bensweeney wrote: »

For what?

• Advertisement

finisklin wrote: »
    For what?

Better pubs, cheaper hotels. Westport is a rip off and tourist trap in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

we need a sticky on the various towns and things to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

bensweeney wrote: »

It's a weekend out - can be honest at home for the rest of week.

For a weekend, it's Westport - no contest

nuac wrote: »
    It's a weekend out - can be honest at home for the rest of week.

For a weekend, it's Westport - no contest

Well Achill beats it

Agreed Achill in good weather is great, but not a lot there if weather is bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If you think OP should go somewhere else, feel free to promote it, but don't slag other towns.
    They all have lovely bottoms

Biko, as this is a discussion board, surely we can discuss the suitability of various centres for holidays?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

nuac wrote: »
    Biko, as this is a discussion board, surely we can discuss the suitability of various centres for holidays?
    Yes but the op is specifically asking about westport. Op westport will be hopping that weekend. Usually great live music in most of the bars, Matt molloys tends to get packed with tourists very early. During the day Ye could climb croagh Patrick, cycle along the Greenway or I know there's a new place that does paintballing

Advertisement