Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mono or Stereo

Options
  • 26-03-2012 3:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭

The headphone thread got me thinking...

There's a lot of classic albums originally in mono, and a few albums released in both due to potential limitations in consumer equipment.

Do people have a preference with these albums, in general or in the case of a particular one?

I'm inclined to go towards the version the band intended me to hear.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

It's a bit like foreign language books that have been translated various times by different people and everyone certainly did their best, isn't it?

If you take the recently digitally remastered Beatles Stereo Box Set for example, sure it may sound perfect from an audiophile's point of view but it's just not the same as a scratchy 45 mono single for a purist. But then, the lads didn't have digital recording technologies back then but if they had, who knows what they may have intended you to hear.

Advertisement