Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC On-Demand (was RTÉ Player etc) [Merged]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

In Dublin SE - non-HD land. Switched off and on the box last thing last night via the rocker switch at the rear but nothing this morning, can't access ch 119 and no on-demand (same message as yesterday - see upc.ie), I'm on Digital Max with a black Thompson Digital+ box.

Silver Pace box in the bedroom shows nothing when I press the OD button, should I expect at least a 'no service' message or will this (non-recording) box ever support OD? Remote does have an On-Demand button.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭glennryan

Hi UPC reps is there any plans to add BBC iplayer and 4od.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

And I'd say those of us who get it then will be informed by carrier pigeon or some other modern method of communication.

I can imagine the UPC board thinking, "nah lets not use that Internet thingy to inform people. That's only a fad. Let's use the old trusted carrier pigeon for our communications"
    I still think a better way would have been to list the areas on the website. The post isn't always reliable!

And if you didn't get a letter it's in the back of your head that maybe the postie didn't deliver it or it got lost so there's some doubt so you're left checking yourself

For future releases, can I suggest using the website? It is 2012!

I never check the UPC website (why would I) and wouldn't have known about this if it wasn't for the letter (I do pop in here the odd time but might not necessarily read all threads)

So the letter is as good a way of alerting people as any, even if it can be unreliable you are probably still more likely to alert more people than just putting it on the UPC website

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Dublin 15 here, can navigate through the on demand menus and select something to watch, but when you hit play we're getting a loss of signal message "There appears to be no signal. Check whether the cables are properly inserted at the back of the UPC Mediabox". Not sure if that means its not available here yet or its a problem we have here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

glennryan wrote: »
    Thanks

4seven would be a welcome addition when it launches on the 4th July http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4seven

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

I'm just getting the "your wiring" errors

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

stoneill wrote: »
    I'm just getting the "your wiring" errors

Initial hiccups is all I wouldn't worry about it too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

I never check the UPC website (why would I) and wouldn't have known about this if it wasn't for the letter (I do pop in here the odd time but might not necessarily read all threads)

So the letter is as good a way of alerting people as any, even if it can be unreliable you are probably still more likely to alert more people than just putting it on the UPC website

How about a Text? I got one when BBC One HD & MGM HD launched on UPC

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

glennryan wrote: »
    Thanks

4od could be a possibility but I reckon it'd be a no for the BBC iPlayer that's region locked... they'd have to aquire all kinds of crazy licenses to make their content available to the Irish market, I doubt the BBC would be interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Received letter in post and service is on in D6. Looks good. Will have a play about this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

How about a Text? I got one when BBC One HD & MGM HD launched on UPC

isn't that pretty much the same as the letter, only this time they got four star pizza to pay for printing and postage.

I'd agree that non website methods are best to alerting customers but of they're going to have a press launch on a Monday, they should also have the info readily available on their website at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

Just got a DM from UPC on twitter and was told I wouldn't be getting till summer. Am in d15, castleknock.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭woodseb

has anyone seen a list of the boxsets that will be available?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dave mcdave

swampy353 wrote: »
    Just got a DM from UPC on twitter and was told I wouldn't be getting till summer. Am in d15, castleknock.

and what could you and couldn't you do this morning? Like what errors where you getting? Did you get the pizza letter thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

and what could you and couldn't you do this morning? Like what errors where you getting? Did you get the pizza letter thing?
    channel 116 is blocked and when I press on demand I get the check UPC.ie error message. Didn't get the letter either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dave mcdave

channel 116 is blocked and when I press on demand I get the check UPC.ie error message. Didn't get the letter either.

Cheers. I got the letter and 119 does come on but nothing works. Makes me think I should have it but something is just up with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 WestCorkRebel

Just got a DM on twitter from UPC saying I won't be getting the service until later this summer, I live in the Dublin 12 area, very disappointing.

Sky is looking very tempting right now for the HD content.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭Justin10

I'm in Dublin 15 and all is working fine

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Just got a DM on twitter from UPC saying I won't be getting the service until later this summer, I live in the Dublin 12 area, very disappointing.

Sky is looking very tempting right now for the HD content.

I am in Dublin 12 and I have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

So does anybody with a ntl small pace box have this ondemand service up and running ?

Wont be ae to try mine till i get home

• Advertisement

CrazyFish wrote: »
    I am in Dublin 12 and I have it.

what part of D.12 are you?? I'm just off the Crumlin Road,

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

Eamo71 wrote: »

According to the press release if you don't have it today you won't have it till August.

And I'd say those of us who get it then will be informed by carrier pigeon or some other modern method of communication.

I can imagine the UPC board thinking, "nah lets not use that Internet thingy to inform people. That's only a fad. Let's use the old trusted carrier pigeon for our communications"
    They've used the social networks, press outlets and direct marketing. Not everyone rushes to the UPC website.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

what part of D.12 are you?? I'm just off the Crumlin Road,

I am in Drimnagh not too far from the Errigal road.

CrazyFish wrote: »
    I am in Drimnagh not too far from the Errigal road.

Thanks,That's too far from me, I would have thought we'd be considered the same area, really annoyed by this

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭lauraww

red button symbol is appearing up in the corner of the screen here in Clare on RTE channels,Tv3,Disney,MGM,and Discovery but when i press the red button im told sevice not available.it got my hopes up when i saw the red button symbol appear,guess i have to wait til the end of July.

can someone please put up a list of what movies are available on MGM on demand?
    thank you

From twitter users, e-mail and forums like this it seems I'm surrounded on all sides with areas that have the on-demand service, can't figure out how that bloody works, was looking forward to this all week and am really disappointed now, I think UPC could have better informed it's customers of it's plans, it's a simple thing to make an announcement that x,y,z on launch, a, b, c in August instead of this vague rubbish we've heard from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

From twitter users, e-mail and forums like this it seems I'm surrounded on all sides with areas that have the on-demand service, can't figure out how that bloody works, was looking forward to this all week and am really disappointed now, I think UPC could have better informed it's customers of it's plans, it's a simple thing to make an announcement that x,y,z on launch, a, b, c in August instead of this vague rubbish we've heard from them.

Just Tried noting has anybody in dub17 got ondemand??

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭floatwinner

UPC on demand working in Celbridge, happy days.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Working grand here in D22,not much content on it yet,but it's early days I spose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Flip Flop

For those who have On Demand, I found this good article in the Sunday Business Post on everything you need to know about the service.http://www.businesspost.ie/#!story/Technology/Features/UPC+movies-on-demand%3A+what%2C+where%2C+how+much/id/19410615-5218-4fbb-8f0e-169b72087823
    For those in Dublin like me who have not got On Demand yet, it also sets out the timetable for the rollout of the service. According to it, it looks like the rest of Dublin will get On Demand sometime in July.

Advertisement