Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC On-Demand (was RTÉ Player etc) [Merged]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Can anyone help ??...

I press "on demand" button but it just says please wait ..

Nothing happens ??

Any ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Leiva wrote: »
    Can anyone help ??...

I press "on demand" button but it just says please wait ..

Nothing happens ??

Any ideas

Maybe you didn't get it.
    I did though.

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭HarcourtGreen

I can get into the "on demand" menu and browse all of the shows and movies aviailable but anything I try to play gives an error message:

Service unavailable
    This programme is currently unavilable, please try again. Should this problem continue, please contact the customer care team. (CD103)

Anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Maybe you didn't get it.
    I did though.

Ha it's working now smart arse !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

sandcastle wrote: »
    I get "Service unavailable. Please go to UPC.ie to see when the service will be available in your area." message on my box.

Do I have to wait until July? Why not do you put up an area list on your website? "this area got the new service, this one will get from July etc." That would be much more professional...

I'm the same in South Dublin - "Service Unavailable".

Are only certain areas of Dublin enabled?

Can't find anything on the website indicating if I have a compatible box. (I have the On Demand button on my remote).

This seems a mess, conflicting information coming from UPC....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Working fine out in D15 anyway, happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

This is excellent and unexpected.So handy to not have to record things on RTE and TV3. Well done UPC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

Only Irish shows at the moment. Are the US shows coming? Was going to watch The Good Wife

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

No one warned me there'd be Craig Doyle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

biggebruv wrote: »
    Ok this is doing my nut in whats an old UPC Box??? jason??

The website should have put a picture of all the boxes that are compatable with this service that would be really helpfull

I have an old Box from like 2005 but it has an on demand button on my remote so is it compatable ?

If its the small silver pace dc221kn you will need to upgrade the box

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

I can get into the "on demand" menu and browse all of the shows and movies aviailable but anything I try to play gives an error message:

Service unavailable
    This programme is currently unavilable, please try again. Should this problem continue, please contact the customer care team. (CD103)

Anyone else?

Yes, I have the same issue. Not sure whats wrong. The only thing I know for sure that I should have it. Looks like some technical glitch somewhere for some customers.

Hope it gets sorted soon. Hate going round and round on this with the customer service.

If you get sorted, do post it here how you get it done. Will do the same.

Jason here said he will help me get it sorted. So fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭lauraww

No one warned me there'd be Craig Doyle.

im scared now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

I have it great new service keep it up UPC. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Is it just me or are all of the boxed sets (DR who etc inthe BBC section) not playable unless you have a HD subscription...which seems a bit weird for the DR Who 1963 episodes .

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭buzzerbuckley

Seems to be working on box no 2 but not box no 1 and the channel 119 has now dissapeared on box no 1! In Dublin 12 area.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

I didn't realise this was happening until I stumbled onto the channell earlier on. A nice surprise!! Will the boxsets always be free or is it for a limited time only?
    LoLth wrote: »
    Is it just me or are all of the boxed sets (DR who etc inthe BBC section) not playable unless you have a HD subscription...which seems a bit weird for the DR Who 1963 episodes .
    I'm able to watch them and I'm pretty sure that I don't have a HD subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭wush06

Working great in clondalkin well done UPC.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

LoLth wrote: »
    I could watch the handful I tried and HD isn't even available in my area

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

No HD subscription here and I watched a couple of eps in the House of Cards boxset last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 e46318ise

Working fine out in D15 anyway, happy days.
    No working for me, and I'm in D15 too! Castlegrange to be specific.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Been playing some more with it. Am very impressed with the picture quality and delivery - its really just like watching another channel and much better quality and a much better experience than streaming online. I see content is growing already since yesterday so hopefully the content will start building up.

I'm not so impressed with the RTÉ and TV3 catch up services, they are the poor relation of their web counterparts. It would have been better if they were delivered through the same application as the other on demand content but I guess RTÉ and TV3 want the services fully branded. The TV3 one in particular is slightly difficult to navigate. Individual parts of Ireland AM appear to be broken out, for instance, but you can't watch the entire programme in one go.

Some other issues...Doctor Who: why is Journey's End (which is part two of a two-parter!) missing? Part Two of An Unearthly Child is actually Part One again! Tennant's final specials are missing and there's none of Matt Smith (yet).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Having problems in cork city, can get into the player menu etc , but when i choose a program it stays on the please wait screen forever!!!

• Site Banned Posts: 385 ✭✭pontia

has anyone in lucan got it ? after 2 days of calls and going around in circles im told it will be august,they havent a clue it seems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Having the homescreen and menus in 4:3 is a bit odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Is their date for when Swords/Malahide is to have the On Demand services?

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭buzzerbuckley

works on a HD cisco box in one part of the house and not ona thompson box in the other where sometimes the channel 119 is there and other times its not?:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭animan

Dont understand this at all can only watch the rte and tv3 players cant watch any box sets or on demand channels. Anyone know what the story with this is?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

animan wrote: »
    Dont understand this at all can only watch the rte and tv3 players cant watch any box sets or on demand channels. Anyone know what the story with this is?

You are probably on the Value pack you need to be on Max or Select Extra to get the box sets and on demand channels

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭animan

Probably am yeah. Must try convince the father to upgrade

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 rev1890

pontia wrote: »
    has anyone in lucan got it ? after 2 days of calls and going around in circles im told it will be august,they havent a clue it seems

I'm in Lucan also and don't have it yet. Got a letter a few weeks ago that they would be doing upgrade works over the next while. Presume this is related to on demand service. Have broadband and HD Digital since the beginning. Strange how some people have on demand but dont have other UPC services available to them e.g. HD.

Advertisement