Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC On-Demand (was RTÉ Player etc) [Merged]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

9959 wrote: »
    I thought 'Ashes to Ashes' was the sequel to 'Life on Mars' and not the other way 'round.

Correct!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Eamo71 wrote: »
    Upgrading to select extra only 7 euro a month more or a tenner extra for max (assuming you're paying 25 for basic). If you already have bband and phone you can bundle in the digital select and phone and bband for 66euro per month.

Cheers, I'll stick with Netflix though instead.

EnterNow wrote: »
    Cheers, I'll stick with Netflix though instead.
    Not enough content there to cancel Netflix just yet especially if you can access the American version. Will be interesting to see what the content's like by Christmas.

Eamo71 wrote: »
    Not enough content there to cancel Netflix just yet especially if you can access the American version. Will be interesting to see what the content's like by Christmas.

Agreed not even close, it's a nice feature & I'm sure it'll get better over time but I havn't got the money to both keep Netflix & upgrade my viewing sub. I'll stick with Netflix for the foreseeable future

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Turbine wrote: »
    I'm pressing the on demand button on the remote like it says, but it just keeps saying its unavailable.

Anyone else (who got the e-mail) having the same problem?

I just press the red button on rte, where the "on demand" icon comes up, and it starts loading, then it says "unavailable"

I did the connection test on channel 750 and it says its all ok

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

EnterNow wrote: »
    Agreed not even close, it's a nice feature & I'm sure it'll get better over time but I havn't got the money to both keep Netflix & upgrade my viewing sub. I'll stick with Netflix for the foreseeable future

I just cancelled by netflix earlier, as the content is so poor. only thing on it is the the kids stuff, but i have enough of Nick Jr recorded i don't need it.

ted1 wrote: »
    I just cancelled by netflix earlier, as the content is so poor. only thing on it is the the kids stuff, but i have enough of Nick Jr recorded i don't need it.

Well the way I look at it as a basic tv subscriber, the cost of an upgraded package to use the new features like box sets etc costs the same as a Netflix account. At the moment, Netflix is superior so I won't be changing, especially if you have access to the US content

• Registered Users Posts: 6,711 ✭✭✭SteM

No new services here in D24 even though we have broadband and HD. I rang customer services and was told that we should get it 'before Limerick and Cork and places like that' but was not given any timeframe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

My mistake about Life On Mars (which aired before Ashes to Ashes). Just as Yes Minister(not on the box) did before Yes Prime Minister.
    Its probably proof positive though that those of us lucky enough to be in the first round are guinea pigs. They're not worrying too much about content yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭HarcourtGreen

Still getting "Service unavailable"/CD103 error here when I try to launch any program or movie... what a load of rubbish...

7288359904_c6115b9ceb_z.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Anyone else not have it in Dublin 15?

I'm Carpenterstown and getting the "Service unavailable. Please go to UPC.ie to see when the service will be available in your area."

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Don't have it in Dublin 15 either.

What UPC are saying via boards and twitter/facebook seems to be incorrect. I keep seeing people say if you pass all the tests on 750 and also have the EPG upgrade with the on demand option on the menu and also channel 119 exists, you should get access to on demand.

Well channel 119 tells me I need to contact UPC to upgrade my package to include on Demand TV and if I click on demand on the menu or press red when prompted on every RTE channel it tells me the service is not available in my area and to check www.upc.ie to see when it will be.

I'm not sure why they bothered to upgrade the box software to prompt me to press red and include on demand functions on the menus if they were not ready yet. They should have just left the software update until it was like they did with boxes in Swords and Malahide which didn't get a software update.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

devnull wrote: »

Well channel 119 tells me I need to contact UPC to upgrade my package to include on Demand TV and if I click on demand on the menu or press red when prompted on every RTE channel it tells me the service is not available in my area and to check www.upc.ie to see when it will be.

I have this, and so phoned 1908 to get it fixed. They're working on it now, so I hope to have my On-Demand service active soon (or so they say).

Might be no harm giving them a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭PopTarts

What UPC are saying via boards and twitter/facebook seems to be incorrect. I keep seeing people say if you pass all the tests on 750 and also have the EPG upgrade with the on demand option on the menu and also channel 119 exists, you should get access to on demand.

I'm not sure why they bothered to upgrade the box software to prompt me to press red and include on demand functions on the menus if they were not ready yet. They should have just left the software update until it was like they did with boxes in Swords and Malahide which didn't get a software update.

That's pretty much what's going on with mine too

Paulw wrote: »
    I have this, and so phoned 1908 to get it fixed. They're working on it now, so I hope to have my On-Demand service active soon (or so they say).

Might be no harm giving them a call.

I gave them a call and they told me in no uncertain terms I don't have it until July although I get on 119 that I'm not subscribed to the channel which gives me the impression I can get the service but they have not added the on demand option to the subscription.

The people outside Dublin and also those in Malahide and Swords don't even have a channel 119.

If you have Digital select or Digital max, if you have the correct updated box (and you don't need to be a HD subscriber) and if you got an invite AND you still can't get it then you should ring them go to the live chat section of the UPC website or get them on twitter.
    Someone mentioned a 30 euro fee to upgrade your box. yes if you have an old outdated box on which you're receiving digital select or Max then it'll cost 30 euro to get the upgrade that'll allow you to get On Demand.

My mistake about Life On Mars (which aired before Ashes to Ashes). Just as Yes Minister(not on the box) did before Yes Prime Minister.
    Its probably proof positive though that those of us lucky enough to be in the first round are guinea pigs. They're not worrying too much about content yet.
    Yeah I think they're rolling it out to get a feel for the reaction before they start loading more content. I believe they're on to a huge winner. Besides the grumbling by those who can't access it the people who can seem to be happy with it. And by the time it rolls out to everyone else it'll be an even better service (that's probably a cold crumb of comfort to the ones who are unable to access the service at the moment).

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Eric Isherwood

Upand running in Cork....Well Done UPC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭iDann

Upand running in Cork....Well Done UPC

No its not :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

On RTE and TV3 channels I get the press Red for the RTE/TV3 Players but when I press the Red Button it says it is unavailable!
    This is in Waterford, pretty stupid having this on the screen the whole time on these channels and you can't access them yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Apologies if this has been answered already in this thread but is On-Demand available to MMDS customers? I live in North County Dublin.

I looked on the UPC website and they seem to refer to cable customers only when mentioning next areas to be offered On-Demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

chughes wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been answered already in this thread but is On-Demand available to MMDS customers? I live in North County Dublin.

I looked on the UPC website and they seem to refer to cable customers only when mentioning next areas to be offered On-Demand.
    Mmds can't receive it, it has to be cabled for it to work

• Registered Users Posts: 16 canonfodder

SteM wrote: »
    No new services here in D24 even though we have broadband and HD. I rang customer services and was told that we should get it 'before Limerick and Cork and places like that' but was not given any timeframe.
    I'm also in D24, I spoke to UPC yesterday. They need 2 way comms to support on-demand which is currently not in place there. They hope to have the upgrades in place soon but worst case could be as long as 3-4 months. On a brighter note once this upgrade is done Tallaght will be able to get up to 100mb broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Just in relation to these upgrades, are the green metal "cabinets" I have seen popping up around Galway by the roadside part of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,711 ✭✭✭SteM

I'm also in D24, I spoke to UPC yesterday. They need 2 way comms to support on-demand which is currently not in place there. They hope to have the upgrades in place soon but worst case could be as long as 3-4 months. On a brighter note once this upgrade is done Tallaght will be able to get up to 100mb broadband.

Weird, when I spoke to them yesterday she said that there was 2 way comms in my area already. They've already upgraded my modem to offer 100 meg bb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Weird, when I spoke to them yesterday she said that there was 2 way comms in my area already. They've already upgraded my modem to offer 100 meg bb.

D24 is a big place. I remember when NTL broadband first came out about 10-12 years ago I was able to get it straight away but my friend who lived a 3 minute walk away couldn't.

I have two way comms in D15 (verified via test channel) and I still don't have the on demand service.

Also - Test channel is now on 999, moved from 750.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭macker22

i live in tallaght and it works on the 2 hd boxes i have

First two seasons of Dexter just added to the box sets!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

macker22 wrote: »
    i live in tallaght and it works on the 2 hd boxes i have

In Tallaght also and working on my HD box(most of the time).

Advertisement