Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC On-Demand (was RTÉ Player etc) [Merged]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

Well done UPC detectives keep us all informed , I wish they would get a deal done with bbc which would open up a nice world of services, discovery channel is grand but it's a niche market. We have been waiting what seems like a eternity for this I hope it's not a half hearted effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭bob11

ciano1 wrote: »
    Don't know... Just noticed it tonight.
    The channel itself seems to have upc on demand previews on a loop.

Not sure if everyone can access it but heres some pics:

Ciano, Thanks for the pics, Looks good ...

Was this via "red button" or "on demand" or "inter active"?

Does this still display for you ?
    Just getting "service not available" on my boxes ..

Yep am on the latest Cisco Dvr hd boxes just getting service not available and that's it. We wait and see I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

This is all very exciting! Fair play to UPC, they are going to launch with some decent content up there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

bob11 wrote: »
    Ciano, Thanks for the pics, Looks good ...

Was this via "red button" or "on demand" or "inter active"?

Does this still display for you ?
    Just getting "service not available" on my boxes ..

By red button.
    Funnily enough, I have 2 boxes in the house, one of them gives me 'service not available' and the other loads up the on demand menu.

• Advertisement

By red button.
    Funnily enough, I have 2 boxes in the house, one of them gives me 'service not available' and the other loads up the on demand menu.
    How odd! I'm sure they were meant to limit availability to trial users etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Jason

Hi mackersdublin

Just to let you know, it’s simply business as usual – we are doing ongoing testing as we continuously update and examine our networks systems, product range and services. Any new developments will be communicated directly to our customers – no further updates right now…

Cheers

Jason
    I've a Cisco HD box, and pressing the red button on RTE One, RTE Two, TV3 and 3e gives that message too

No red button on RTE Two HD, RTEjr or TRTE

Could be testing for RTE Aertel and 3 text

UPC: Jason wrote: »
    Hi mackersdublin

Just to let you know, it’s simply business as usual – we are doing ongoing testing as we continuously update and examine our networks systems, product range and services. Any new developments will be communicated directly to our customers – no further updates right now…

Cheers

Jason

Need Beta Testers? :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

Need Beta Testers? :):)

Me too. Would love the opp to beta test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

Hi Jason,

Can you confirm RTE player will be launched in May?

Any word on the Horizon launch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Carter P Fly

MGM does the same thing for me as it does for 3/Rte player.... Loads up and brings me to the on demand menu.
    When I click on a programme I want to watch, the logo screen pops and nothing happens! :(

Hey there, Are you in Galway or whereabout you located? Im also in galway ATM and cant see this menu at all.

Eamo71 wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

Can you confirm RTE player will be launched in May?

Any word on the Horizon launch?

I don't think UPC will comment around product launches. They are the Apple of Ireland in that way!

They all but denied anything was happening in that statement above. It's business as usual. Nothing to see here. Move on.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Hey there, Are you in Galway or whereabout you located? Im also in galway ATM and cant see this menu at all.

Nope, the pics were taken at home in Clonmel.
    Only in college in Galway, hence the location on my profile :p

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

UPC: Jason wrote: »
    Hi mackersdublin

Cheers

Jason

jason, when you say "its simply business as usual" do you mean that upc may take another x amount of years to fully roll out the on demand service and deny that anything is happening!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭macker22

any idea if upc will get bbc/itv and channel4 iplayers . . does anyone know wen on demand will be available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,587 ✭✭✭✭ted1

No, the
    BBC content is for the Uk only, unless you pay to subscribe where as you get some shows

However I wonder if 4OD could ever be licensed considering they offer their on-demand services to ROI as part of their standard terms of service online and via apps.

4OD would be nice to get any idea wen on demand will be made available

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭brianc123

On Demand is working including RTE,TV3,Discovery,Disney,MGM,History,Food Network and TrueMovies. Tv Box Sets and On Demand Movies all looks good from what i have tried so far

B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

not working on my cisco box in limeirck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭michaelduignan

And not working on my Thomson box in limerick either

I'm in Dublin using a Thompson DVR
    i notice channel 777 is active too....it provides the background for the on demand service

brianc123 wrote: »
    I'm in Dublin using a Thompson DVR
    i notice channel 777 is active too....it provides the background for the on demand service
    All very odd. Like another user, he had the 777 channel active. Perhaps you've been selected as a test user :)

Are the on demand screens and content active? Are you able to stream content or just browse for it?

Streams and works fine on RTE TV3 and Disney. Haven't tried the others,
    the on demand button launches the on demand service the red button activates the streaming service for that channel if available.

im on cisco hd box and i cant get anythin . . are you sure history,food network and true movies are on it

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭GHOST MGG2

nothing on my cisco hd box either

brianc123 wrote: »
    Streams and works fine on RTE TV3 and Disney. Haven't tried the others,
    the on demand button launches the on demand service the red button activates the streaming service for that channel if available.
    Makes sense. Any sign of a paid for tier? For films for example? Or does all the content appear to be free?

dono wat the story is . .i'd say there jus testin i ask the them on twitter about it and the bbc olympic channels and they never answered

Nothing in Waterford on Cisco hd boxes .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

However I wonder if 4OD could ever be licensed considering they offer their on-demand services to ROI as part of their standard terms of service online and via apps.

Would be up to Channel 4 and UPC to work together on that one. Its available online to ROI users anyway, except for certain US shows.

Seems that for the majority of users (including myself) we are not getting further with the on-demand other than "Please wait" and then "Service not available" messages. That's more that I've gotten from that button in the last ten years (other than on Euronews and Info TV), so hopefully interactive services will - after so long - finally be a reality on UPC.

Advertisement