Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC On-Demand (was RTÉ Player etc) [Merged]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Lunch was over am hour and a half before you posted. :)

It's funny when someone has a laugh at someone's typo yet has one themselves!

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Bodan

It's been like that in Mulhuddart since before the original launch and we haven't got it yet so I wouldn't get your hopes up

damn, i had hoped we would have it in a few days, rather than wait until the end of July. Thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Bodan

Lunch was over am hour and a half before you posted. :)

I've had the same as you for a few weeks now so I wouldn't hold my breath on actually using it..

I had a late lunch right after that post, what are the odds ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

More content added to BBC section.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭boardzz

Notice channel 119 has appeared in Galway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Bodan wrote: »
    Channel 119 Upc on demand, just appeared this morning on UPC in Waterford. The ON demand button is also working , though both of them say access denied. :(

I wonder is the lunch here imminent?

Would be nice to get it soon.

What is the movie section like at the moment? Decent up to date content?

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

Every second day a leaflet comes seems to come in the post about UPC, It sounds great for the 66euro offer for phone,broadband and tv (currently we're just using O2 broadband and defo need WIFI) and my mum rang about joining only for them to tell us that the closest place they offer their services to us is in Carrickmacross (South Monaghan) and we're North Monaghan. we ended up subscribing to SKY again. Anyways, wonder can people in Carrickmacross actually avail of it if some spots in Dublin can't receive it? Seems pointless for them to throw leaflets everywhere in the country??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Just got the notice from UPC upping their price by nearly €6 a month - or over 25% for the TV charge. This is crazy, given that I don't have full access to the OnDemand service. They are driving me towards a FreeSat solution or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Flip Flop

Just got the notice from UPC upping their price by nearly €6 a month - or over 25% for the TV charge. This is crazy, given that I don't have full access to the OnDemand service. They are driving me towards a FreeSat solution or similar.

Totally agree. Those of us in Dublin who UPC cannot be bothered upgrading to On Demand should not have to pay the increased charge. I think we have a Fat Chance of getting this concession though!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Does it not mean that it is possible to get out of contract now? Although I wonder if that is complicated by wanting to keep the Broadband but get rid of the TV package.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Does it not mean that it is possible to get out of contract now? Although I wonder if that is complicated by wanting to keep the Broadband but get rid of the TV package.

To keep the broadband but nothing else, it costs you an extra €8 or so a month

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭zg3409

To keep the broadband but nothing else, it costs you an extra €8 or so a month

If you have broadband AND phone, but drop TV this charge does not apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Selection on the RTE player is very small compared to the actual online version,basically just lots of news and shows like Nationwide.Only thing that I've been watching on on demand has been Blue Bloods,and that's only when nothing else is on.

Hopefully UPC will come to some arrangement with Channel 4 so we could have access to the massive 40D,or (if it's technically possible on current STB's) maybe even make YouTube available in the on demand menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Selection on the RTE player is very small compared to the actual online version,basically just lots of news and shows like Nationwide.Only thing that I've been watching on on demand has been Blue Bloods,and that's only when nothing else is on.

Hopefully UPC will come to some arrangement with Channel 4 so we could have access to the massive 40D,or (if it's technically possible on current STB's) maybe even make YouTube available in the on demand menu.

4OD is available free of charge on the net (without proxies) so I can't see why they won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Minatauro

Ok I have an unusual one. I have the full HD max etc but have access denied to the on demand and was told it wont be available until end of july.

I tried an experiment, I live about 20 minutes drive away from relative. I got the relatives (who has On Demand) upc box (standard sub -non HD) and plugged it into a point in my house.

So after plugging the relatives upc box into my point low and behold it has the full on demand.???

So is it a case it is not location dependant as my box doesnt have it yet but relatives does when connected in my house. So could it be card numbers or subscription type they would be going by. I cant eplain why one has it and the other doesnt in the same house.
    Anybody else try this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Minatauro wrote: »
    Ok I have an unusual one. I have the full HD max etc but have access denied to the on demand and was told it wont be available until end of july.

I tried an experiment, I live about 20 minutes drive away from relative. I got the relatives (who has On Demand) upc box (standard sub -non HD) and plugged it into a point in my house.

So after plugging the relatives upc box into my point low and behold it has the full on demand.???

So is it a case it is not location dependant as my box doesnt have it yet but relatives does when connected in my house. So could it be card numbers or subscription type they would be going by. I cant eplain why one has it and the other doesnt in the same house.
    Anybody else try this?

Try a Factory reset on ur own box, u'll lose ur planner though

• Registered Users Posts: 47 jmcgold

I'm in Luttrelstown in Dublin 15 and every estate around us (Riverwood, Fernleigh, Bramley, Homeleigh, etc.) have OnDemand available but it is still not available in our area. I have asked UPC on a number of occassions for details as to why it is not available but they keep saying "it should" be available in August. We have had a number of issues with the TV and broadband service over that last number of months and I strongly suspect there is an issue with the infrastructure in the area that they are refusing to acknowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

jmcgold wrote: »
    I'm in Luttrelstown in Dublin 15 and every estate around us (Riverwood, Fernleigh, Bramley, Homeleigh, etc.) have OnDemand available but it is still not available in our area. I have asked UPC on a number of occassions for details as to why it is not available but they keep saying "it should" be available in August. We have had a number of issues with the TV and broadband service over that last number of months and I strongly suspect there is an issue with the infrastructure in the area that they are refusing to acknowledge.
    It's not available in Annfield either

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

jmcgold wrote: »

Heard from a UPC technician that there were some problems with the infrastructure changes for On Demand (not specific to your area, but if you're in an area that's about to get On Demand, you may experience problems).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Not sure if already mentioned, but notice that Euronews now has an interactive option via the red button.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

That's been there a good few years now I think,was the first interactive type thingy that UPC introduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Having had the On Demand service since it was introduced I would have to say those who don't have it are not really missing out on too much. The TV3 player is a waste of time and the RTE player is only good for home produced factual/news shows. It is very limited compared to the online version and it is not always apparent what will be available after being shown. If you really want to see a show you would need to watch it live or record it on the DVR. Once you watch a few of the boxsets available there is very little content of note. Dont get me wrong its great that we have the option but as it currently stands I wouldn't be subscribing or unsubscribing based on the availability of On Demand. I was excited when it first launched but for me the DVR function is still by far the best way to watch content at your own leisure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭obi604

So went in to on demand on my upc box to watch " The Sunday Game " from yesterday and low and behold, the bloody thing isnt there

Its online alright on the rte website but not on the rte player thing on UPC, annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

Medium, Rules of engagement and Deadwood added to boxsets. Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

obi604 wrote: »
    So went in to on demand on my upc box to watch " The Sunday Game " from yesterday and low and behold, the bloody thing isnt there

Its online alright on the rte website but not on the rte player thing on UPC, annoying

There's a licensing problem over sport at the moment

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

None of the sports programming is on the UPC version, last time I checked.

Meanwhile the Doctor Who mistakes have been rectified. Also BBC programming is also now split into Drama, Comedy, and Factual with CBBC programmes moved to the Kids section.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭mollser

MGM movies all seem to be removed at the moment:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭thefishone

Was installing a new digi+ box for the in laws today,was flicking through the
    channels and on 119,on-demand came up.Didn't have time to check it out
    fully but it all seems to be there.
    But on RTE/Tv3 etc,the red button wasn't working.

I'm in Limerick and it's not supposed to be available for another3-4 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

finally got a date for on demand release in crumlin, 13th of august

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

MGM Movies 'On Demand' is back.

Advertisement