Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leonard Cohen - Kilmainham, Sept 11 / 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

How many does Kilmainham hold?
    He sold out the O2 for 4 nights a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

I've been to all of his recent gigs (1 night in the O2), Sligo and the first Kilmainham gig. I'd say the capacity there was @ 15,000, at a guess. They might put bigger stands in this time around

That's not too bad so. I thought it would be smaller, and result in a lot of disappointed fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭Raoul

Anybody got a presale code

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

Capacity is 15000 for Kilmainham but trust me this will sell quickly.

• Advertisement

I've pre-booked primo seats already, but this will definitely go quickly. The "Old Ideas" album is an gem, can't wait to hear everything live again.

christeb wrote: »
    I've pre-booked primo seats already, but this will definitely go quickly. The "Old Ideas" album is an gem, can't wait to hear everything live again.
    How did you manage to swing that one?

How did you manage to swing that one?

I know someone who knows someone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Any idea on the price of tickets?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

€85.60 - €105.60
    €85.60 (€79.50 Ticket + €6.10 Fees)
    €105.60 (€99.50 Ticket + €6.10 Fees)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭david_etc

Between Paul Simon and Cohen it's going to be an expensive week. I saw him at Kilmainham the first time and also when he played the O2, fantastic stuff and though tickets are dear, definitely worth it in the long run to see such a geunine legend in the flesh again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Will probably get a ticket for this.

Was gonna go see Van Morrison but he'll be around a bit longer.

Least I will be able to see Cohen now before the man packs it in.

karaokeman wrote: »
    Will probably get a ticket for this.

Was gonna go see Van Morrison but he'll be around a bit longer.

Least I will be able to see Cohen now before the man packs it in.

Less of that kind of talk Please. Hopefully Leonard will be around for a long time yet. Morrison is good live but he ain't a patch on Leonard and I've seen them both live so talking from experience here!

So is this gig all standing?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

So is this gig all standing?

All seating

All seating

Was hoping for standing, but ah sure that doesn't bother me least I'll finally be able to see one of the greatest songwriters of all time live.

Was hoping for standing, but ah sure that doesn't bother me least I'll finally be able to see one of the greatest songwriters of all time live.

You are in for a treat. No one compares to The Master live. Going to the opening 2 shows in Ghent as well :)

musicmania wrote: »
    You are in for a treat. No one compares to The Master live. Going to the opening 2 shows in Ghent as well :)

It'll be a gig to be remember that's for sure.

How fast did he sell out the last time? I reckon I may need to camp outside ticketmaster to guarantee myself a ticket.

It'll be a gig to be remember that's for sure.

How fast did he sell out the last time? I reckon I may need to camp outside ticketmaster to guarantee myself a ticket.

Don't know about the last time he played Kilmainham as I missed out on that one (still peeved over that). However the 1st Lissadell concert in 2010 sold in 6 minutes.

Don't know about the last time he played Kilmainham as I missed out on that one (still peeved over that). However the 1st Lissadell concert in 2010 sold in 6 minutes.

Considering the fact less people live in the west if Ireland than over here, 6 minutes was still quite quick to sell out a 10,000 capacity venue.

I reckon I'll be getting mine at a venue because online booking never works for me.

• Advertisement

10000 tickets in 6 minutes anywhere in Ireland is quick. If memory serves me correctly it was the tour record. I'm crossing my fingers for the pre-sale on Thursday for both shows.

10000 tickets in 6 minutes anywhere in Ireland is quick. If memory serves me correctly it was the tour record. I'm crossing my fingers for the pre-sale on Thursday for both shows.

I would of thought it would be faster in Dublin because it has such a huge percentage of the Irish population and such better transport links compared to Sligo, Cork et al.

But anyway I'm sure ticketmaster won't let me down, unless they hold back a couple like they always do.

I would of thought it would be faster in Dublin because it has such a huge percentage of the Irish population and such better transport links compared to Sligo, Cork et al.

But anyway I'm sure ticketmaster won't let me down, unless they hold back a couple like they always do.

There are people travelling from all over the world to these concerts as was the case for Lissadell so location is irrelevant. I would expect both concerts to sell very quickly and then hopefully a third will be added ;)

There are people travelling from all over the world to these concerts as was the case for Lissadell so location is irrelevant. I would expect both concerts to sell very quickly and then hopefully a third will be added ;)

Wouldn't be that keen on a third Kilmainham

I would rather another 4 dates at the O2, possibly 5 this time if they all sell out.

But we'll see, I'll try presale too just in case, I might just get my ticket via presale.

How do you get access to the presale tickets?
    Do you have to join a fan club or mailing list or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

You buy the Old IDeas album at the same time as booking your seat.
    7.99 or 8.99 for downlioad/cd respectively.
    I just got tickets that way myself. Row Y.

In my rush to get decent tickets I ordered a cd by mistake so I will now have 3 cds as I got one the day of release and another as I wanted the promotional stuff that came with them in the states. Have row F for the 1st night but only managed row CC for the second night. Gonna try for better ones in the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭r0chf0rt

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭grumpygit

How are the blocks numberd got block a3 lookin the this video block a2 seems to be good bit to the side (everyone seems to be just lookin at the screen) if a3 is farther to the left I might go lookin for different tickets anybody got a seating chart http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRoAuEiZBNA&feature=related

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭r0chf0rt

If its the same as last time then a3 is closer to the stage.

13807s_a.jpg

Advertisement