Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leonard Cohen - Kilmainham, Sept 11 / 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭grumpygit

thanks r0chf0rt looks like best available tickets are not always best available got mine at 9 see they are selling block a6 now mine should be ok though.....hopefully:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

I got a3 as well at around 10am. "Best available"
    Not madly happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Just got a seat in A4 which is the block directly in front of the stage, row FF. Pleased enough with that.

bit of a lottery it seems so.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

blastman wrote: »
    Just got a seat in A4 which is the block directly in front of the stage, row FF. Pleased enough with that.
    Oh wow, I'm so jealous! Great seats!

I got A3, row Y. Not super seats, but I'm happy just to get to see see Laughing Len again. His concerts are just spectacular <3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

Just got A3 row EE - very happy with that!

Hermione* wrote: »
    Oh wow, I'm so jealous! Great seats!

I got A3, row Y. Not super seats, but I'm happy just to get to see see Laughing Len again. His concerts are just spectacular <3
    Me too, after booking at 10am. You can play a game with your friends where you try to guess who I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

Fi H wrote: »
    Just got A3 row EE - very happy with that!
    blastman wrote: »

Ye are more easily pleased than I am. We got A4 CC for the second night and I'm hoping to get better ones in the morning!!
    r0chf0rt wrote: »

Muppet here did buy tickets through the forum links and still managed to buy a cd :)

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

Just happy to get them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 campbellu

just use link supplied above, Thanks, got blkA3, cc-so thats 23 rows back and a bit off to the left-those a4 ones are better if you're in a-z you are nearer than aa-zz etc..you can choose not to take what's offered and keep trying, I was happy enough. I was right up front row in o2, a night to remember, and up high in sligo, I didn't enjoy it as much, enjoyed the event though. Have been listening to cd since Jan (got it as a pressie/surprise-it was sold out in a few hrs), worth listening to cd a lot before concert in case Len plays a lot (or all) of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

r0chf0rt wrote: »

Thanks a million for the link. Just got my tickets there for the Wednesday (A5 AA) which seems far back, but just happy I got some!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Got A3, Row RR, Seat 79:D.

How'd everyone else get on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 FryingPan

I got two sets of tickets in Block A5. Some are in row K and the others in row AA. Am I right in thinking that row K is closer to the stage?

No clue, I'm just delighted for the fans that stood outside venues for hours now that tickets are still available.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

They just announced an extra date on 2FM there

leakyboots wrote: »
    They just announced an extra date on 2FM there

Is it a third Kilmainham date?

karaokeman wrote: »
    Is it a third Kilmainham date?

Did they mention when it is going on sale? Nothing on TM yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Yeah that podcast is hilarious. I was in contact with Ticketmaster about the third show and nothing is confirmed as yet. In my opinion it seems they were expecting the concerts to sell a lot quicker and the ad was pre-recorded.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Radar42

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

:( Dammit I think I'll be away for this. I saw him in Kilmainham last time and he was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Radar42 wrote: »
    Good grief. Now that was painful...

Painfully hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭jacko

ha ha, classic radio. dunno how the presenter managed to stop himself from bursting out laughing. epic

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Have either of the shows sold out yet?

Tickets are pricey enough, given the current economic whatsit, but if you can afford it, it's well worth imo. He is simply brilliant live!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

jacko wrote: »
    ha ha, classic radio. dunno how the presenter managed to stop himself from bursting out laughing. epic

Christ. Typical John Murray audience. The sad thing is, there are people out there who probably e-mailed or phoned in and didn't get to participate, and were no doubt screaming at the radio throughout. Why do people enter competitions if they don't have a clue about the artist they're going to win tickets to see? The woman admits she's not a fan at the outset, but did she not suspect the questions would be about Cohen?

Calm blue ocean... calm blue ocean... :rolleyes:

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Hermione* wrote: »
    Have either of the shows sold out yet?

Tickets are pricey enough, given the current economic whatsit, but if you can afford it, it's well worth imo. He is simply brilliant live!
    Just checked ticketmaster, and it seems both dates have sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Table Top Joe

Christ. Typical John Murray audience. The sad thing is, there are people out there who probably e-mailed or phoned in and didn't get to participate, and were no doubt screaming at the radio throughout. Why do people enter competitions if they don't have a clue about the artist they're going to win tickets to see? The woman admits she's not a fan at the outset, but did she not suspect the questions would be about Cohen?

Calm blue ocean... calm blue ocean... :rolleyes:

Couldnt agree more,theres people who are huge fans who would love to see him but mightnt be able to afford it nowadays and then these two dopes get through *shakes head*......4 words in "So Long Marianne"?????......"oh no...is it 20?" f*** me....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

third date on Friday 14 September goes on sale tomorrow at 9am
    Due to phenomenal demand Leonard Cohen announces 3rd show on Friday 14th September 2012

TICKETS GO ON SALE 9am Thursday 19th April

POD and AEG Live very proudly present

LEONARD COHEN
    The Royal Hospital Kilmainham, IMMA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭horslips

Couldnt agree more,theres people who are huge fans who would love to see him but mightnt be able to afford it nowadays and then these two dopes get through *shakes head*......4 words in "So Long Marianne"?????......"oh no...is it 20?" f*** me....

Well, in fairness, she thought it was the number of words in the title of the song!!!!!

Advertisement