Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leonard Cohen - Kilmainham, Sept 11 / 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

horslips wrote: »
    Well, in fairness, she thought it was the number of words in the title of the song!!!!!

Yet she still got it wrong???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

indiewindy wrote: »
    third date on Friday 14 September goes on sale tomorrow at 9am
    Due to phenomenal demand Leonard Cohen announces 3rd show on Friday 14th September 2012

TICKETS GO ON SALE 9am Thursday 19th April

POD and AEG Live very proudly present

LEONARD COHEN
    The Royal Hospital Kilmainham, IMMA

typical - they sell out the first 2 midweek shows, then announce a Friday show. Bloodsucking leech bottomfeeding promoters!!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭horslips

blastman wrote: »
    Yet she still got it wrong???

My point exactly! Sarcasm does not work well on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,634 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

indiewindy wrote: »
    third date on Friday 14 September goes on sale tomorrow at 9am
    Due to phenomenal demand Leonard Cohen announces 3rd show on Friday 14th September 2012

TICKETS GO ON SALE 9am Thursday 19th April

POD and AEG Live very proudly present

LEONARD COHEN
    The Royal Hospital Kilmainham, IMMA

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Anyone know if Cohen will be playing Old Ideas in full or if he will be playing much old material?

I'm probably in a minority who would like to hear the whole album because its just fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

karaokeman wrote: »
    Anyone know if Cohen will be playing Old Ideas in full or if he will be playing much old material?

I'm probably in a minority who would like to hear the whole album because its just fantastic.

I'd imagine he will play a mixture of old and new songs. Old Ideas is only 40 minutes long and Leonard Concerts can be 3 hours plus and he has said in a recent interview this tour will have long concerts. :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Leonard Cohen has confirmed a fourth Dublin date for September. With three shows already sold out, speculation had been mounting that an additional date might be added. Now promoters POD and AEG Live have confirmed that an extra performance will take place at the Royal Hospital, Kilmainham on Saturday, September 15th. The gig will take place less than a week before Cohen's 78th birthday, which is on September 21, 2012.

Tickets for the three Leonard Cohen concerts already announced for the Royal Hospital Kilmainham, on 11th, 12th and 14th September 2012, are sold out. Cohen has proven one of the most enduring of the great 1960s legends and is particularly revered in Ireland, having sold out two shows at the Royal Hospital in 2008, before returning to the O2 and the Odyssey the following year and in 2010 for hugely successful shows in Lissadell House in Sligo.

His current album Old Ideas has been widely acclaimed and went to No.1 in the charts in Holland, Belgium, Poland, Norway, Spain and Finland among other territories. The album peaked at No.2 in the UK and No.3 in the US. It has been 16 weeks in the Irish charts.

Tickets priced from €79.50 will be available from 9am Monday 28th May 2012. Gates open on the day at 4pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Legend_Steph

Hey guys,
    Would anyone be selling or know of anyone who is selling 2 tickets to see Leonard Cohen? Preferably on the Saturday but I'm not fussy. I'm trying my best to find cheap enough ones for my Mum as its her birthday in June and a massive fan of Mr. Cohen. Bought her the majority of his albums and DVD's for Christmas and for Mothers Day. But I want to go that extra mile and get her the tickets. Unfortunately I can't afford the €105 tickets as that would be half of my bank account gone but the tickets for €85.60 I can. (Not that much money gone out of the account though I know it'll be worth it to see the reaction on my Mums face) :P

Regards,
    Stephanie. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

Haven't received my tickets for this still, after booking online. Would just like to check that this is true for everyone else and not something after happening mine...? [post is left in a communal area in the apartments I live in]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

I wouldn't worry about it. The gig is a few months away yet. Sometimes they send them early sometimes a week or two before the gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Still no sign of mine either. Plenty of time yet, so I wouldn't worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭beltzar

I bought tickets for the 11th and the 12th and my tickets for the 11th have arrived last week (but not for the 12th -even though I bought them first)

Woo HOO! Cant wait.................:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14 goldieangel1

I have 1 ticket for Leonard for Tuesday 11th September- cost price! Block A6 Row ff. If interested PM me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Strictly speaking I really couldn't afford the ticket for this gig but with Leonard at such an advanced age you can't help but feel that this will probably be the last tour and besides Kilmainham 08 was such an amazing concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭beveragelady

I have four tickets for Wednesday the 12th, block A6, row ff. Available in twos, or all four together. Works out at 105.60 each (ticket price plus ticketmaster's stupid handling charges, no profit for me.) Don't want to put them on ebay, because the touts hoover them up. PM me if you're interested.

I have four tickets for Wednesday the 12th, block A6, row ff. Available in twos, or all four together. Works out at 105.60 each (ticket price plus ticketmaster's stupid handling charges, no profit for me.) Don't want to put them on ebay, because the touts hoover them up. PM me if you're interested.

Put them on Toutless.

6 days to the start of the tour in Belgium!! So excited :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 alfmoto

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows what time the Leonard Cohen gigs start at next month. My ticket says gates open at 4.00pm.

Thanks

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Due to unforeseen circumstances, Leonard Cohen’s two shows at Hop Farm, Kent on 8 and 9 September will no longer be taking place at that venue. However, Cohen will now be performing at a new London venue on the same dates.

Cohen will still bring his much anticipated Old Ideas World tour to the UK with the scheduled shows now taking place in the fully seated and historic Wembley Arena on 8 and 9 September.

Ticketholders for the Hop Farm concerts should contact their point of sale for refund/new ticket issue. Such Ticketholders will also be invited to an exclusive pre-sale to purchase tickets for the new Wembley Arena dates and to have first access to the best seats in the house."
    Read more at http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/12/120823b.shtml#Ug37zsE4gqsPk22X.99

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Did some Google searching on this for my wife last week and came up with the answer of 7pm for LC onstage.

You may want to look for a second source to confirm that but I think it's about right!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭SuperCereal

Alright chaps,

Have tix but working til 8.30 in town, what time might mr Cohen take to the stage?

• Advertisement

Alright chaps,

Have tix but working til 8.30 in town, what time might mr Cohen take to the stage?

Well if the concerts are to be as long as Belgium then Leonard will need to be on stage for 7pm!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 alfmoto

Thanks Grudgehugger I couldn't find anything through Gooogle. Will keep looking.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bokmurphy

Would love to be heading to this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭66dunaras

alfmoto wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows what time the Leonard Cohen gigs start at next month. My ticket says gates open at 4.00pm.

Thanks

Hey Guys,

Anyone hear anything more definite about what time the man himself will be on the stage? Coming from the West of Ireland, trying to see how much time off I need that day

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Table Top Joe

Ive seen him 3 times,he comes on at 8(maybe a few minutes later but more or less 8)finishes up about 11

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭dogsears

Folks, anyone know who's playing support? Also, can anyone remember who played support in 08 - was there myself but I can't for the life of me remember who it was?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I don't think there is a support act. I've seen Leonard twice before and there wasn't a support act. He's usually onstage about 8ish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

dogsears wrote: »
    Folks, anyone know who's playing support? Also, can anyone remember who played support in 08 - was there myself but I can't for the life of me remember who it was?

Damien Rice supported in 2008, on the Saturday night at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Damien Rice supported in 2008, on the Saturday night at least.
    Oh, you're right! I had totally forgotten about that! :o:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Any update on support acts and LC's time of arrival on stage?

Advertisement