Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leonard Cohen - Kilmainham, Sept 11 / 12

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

Any update on support acts and LC's time of arrival on stage?
    I'd also like to know this

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭warriorpoet

Thought I saw somewhere he was on stage at 7pm..... Tho I intend to be there quite a bit earlier to soak up the atmosphere again!!! :)

dogsears wrote: »
    Folks, anyone know who's playing support? Also, can anyone remember who played support in 08 - was there myself but I can't for the life of me remember who it was?

Honestly?? Can't remember ANY support act in 08, tho I know there was one... just remember Mr C. !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

I presume this gig is not a sell-out? My sister has a couple of tickets she can't use (I'm not trying to sell them here mods).
    Just want to know if people think it is going to sell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

The first 3 gigs already sold out. Going on the amount of ads on the radio, there are still tickets available for Saturday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Why is this thread still repeating itself!?

Does anybody read the forum before posting!

Leonard is expected to be onstage at 8 or shortly after, This is NOT official, it is speculation from fans who have seen him live before,
    I would recommend contacting the concert promoter and asking for the offiial start time, (although it will probably be announced shortly before the concerts)

Damien Rice apparently played support in 2008, It's mentioned 1 page back!

Damien Rice supported in 2008, on the Saturday night at least.

Enjoy the concert everybody!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Skidrow

Saturday night support ?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

My guess is that there is a support act. 4pm is extremely early for doors to open, even if LC comes on at 7 rather than 8.

Quote=Skidrow;80638413]

Saturday night support ?:confused:[/Quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

My guess is that there is a support act. 4pm is extremely early for doors to open, even if LC comes on at 7 rather than 8.

Quote=Skidrow;80638413]

Saturday night support ?:confused:
    [/QUOTE]

There is no support

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Anyone know what part of O' Connell's street the 123 bus leaves for Kilmainham?

This sounds like the easiest way for me to get to the gig.

• Advertisement

Luas red line goes to St James'; might have a closer stop, but St James is close enough anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dave442

Promoter POD LIVE on Facebook:

"Gates open at 16:30hrs. Note that music will begin at 19.15hrs and end at 22.45hrs on each night."

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭mackthefinger

Nice interview with Leonard on 2fm this morning on the Dave Fanning show, it was an old one I'd heard before, good to hear it again.

Dave also said at the end the concert was set to start at 7:15 and end at around 10.45.

photo.php?fbid=362458583830851&set=a.113877138688998.19569.105573899519322&type=1&theater

No cameras or recording equipment rule is silly. Do they plan on confiscating everyone's smartphones or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭billy_beckham

Just wondering does anyone know if this is an outdoor or indoor concert?:confused:
    Thanks in advance.....

Just wondering does anyone know if this is an outdoor or indoor concert?:confused:
    Thanks in advance.....
    It's outdoor

399733_362458583830851_586373085_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

photo.php?fbid=362458583830851&set=a.113877138688998.19569.105573899519322&type=1&theater

No cameras or recording equipment rule is silly. Do they plan on confiscating everyone's smartphones or what?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

We got the camera issue verified on FB and it is no professional cameras so once it is a compact you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I'm going straight in after work, any recommendations for somewhere I can leave the car? I'm coming from Blanchardstown direction, I was thinking maybe Phoenix Park near the Conyngham Road entrance (can you still park along the side there)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

blastman wrote: »
    I'm going straight in after work, any recommendations for somewhere I can leave the car? I'm coming from Blanchardstown direction, I was thinking maybe Phoenix Park near the Conyngham Road entrance (can you still park along the side there)?

i don't know for sure. I'm coming in via the Navan Road and was planning the same area for parking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭horslips

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    i don't know for sure. I'm coming in via the Navan Road and was planning the same area for parking.

How about parking at Red Cow roundabout and getting LUAS in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

horslips wrote: »
    How about parking at Red Cow roundabout and getting LUAS in?

The Luas part sounds fine..but going anywhere near the Red Cow Roundabout :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9 BobbyG123

Hi everyone im going to see Leonard tomorrow night my tickets are in block a7 row ss. I was just wondering are these in the a7 block closest to the stage, or the a7 block in the "middle" section behind it? its very hard to tell exactly where they are on the seating plan jpeg from ticketmaster, any help would be much appreciated cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

here's the chart, it's easy enough to see where you are: http://www.ticketmaster.ie/seatingchart/197560/13807

We're A4 row D :):):D:D

christeb wrote: »
    here's the chart, it's easy enough to see where you are: http://www.ticketmaster.ie/seatingchart/197560/13807

We're A4 row D :):):D:D
    hi there, im row ss in a7 but i cant tell from that jpeg if its in the front or middle section, there are 2 seperate sections to a7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

BobbyG123 wrote: »
    hi there, im row ss in a7 but i cant tell from that jpeg if its in the front or middle section, there are 2 seperate sections to a7

Look closer, the row numbers are beside the sections. SS is the second row in the upper half of A7.

testicle wrote: »
    Look closer, the row numbers are beside the sections. SS is the second row in the upper half of A7.
    ok thanks, was just a bit confused as one section says ll-rr and the other says ll-y so i thought ss was in the ll-y section

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Just got a message from MCD about the gig. It mentions the weather:
    • The concert takes place outdoors on the grounds (grass lawns) of the ROYAL HOSPITAL KILMAINHAM. Attendees should dress appropriately for the weather and are advised to bring weatherproof clothing.
    Is the seating all on grass then? And all uncovered?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jack_Dylan

POD: Attendees should dress appropriately for the weather and are advised to bring weatherproof clothing.

15 degrees cloudy and average to high chance of rain on Tuesday and Wednesday.

17 degrees sunny with small chance of rain on Friday and Saturday.

• Advertisement

christeb wrote: »
    Tickets on sale on Friday

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2012/03/26/leonard-cohen-coming-back-to-ireland/

First the Stone Roses, now this. Best Summer of music EVER!
    I'm here.... Better and Better as he gets older!!!

Advertisement