Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Human hair in fig roll!!

Options
  • 26-03-2012 10:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

The other day my girlfriend was eating a Jacobs fig roll and when she looked at the half left in her hand there was a hair standing out from in the middle of the fig roll. Stuck right into the "figgy" part. Everyone had a good look at it and it's definitely a hair not part of the fig or anything.

Any advice on what to do next? Is it a case of report it to Jacobs and get the price of the packet back or what?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

If you want to make an issue of it, contact the company and complain. Just a note though, I had a similar issue with a "hair" on the surface of a cake, it turned out to be a bristle from a pastry brush.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

Begs the question....

"How do Jacobs get the hairs into the fig rolls?"

sorry, had to say it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

choobles wrote: »
    The other day my girlfriend was eating a Jacobs fig roll and when she looked at the half left in her hand there was a hair standing out from in the middle of the fig roll. Stuck right into the "figgy" part. Everyone had a good look at it and it's definitely a hair not part of the fig or anything.

Any advice on what to do next? Is it a case of report it to Jacobs and get the price of the packet back or what?

Did it harm her in anyway?

If not, forget about it. Life's too short

• Registered Users Posts: 25,461 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

sandin wrote: »
    Did it harm her in anyway?

If not, forget about it. Life's too short

+1 If she was a guest in someone's house having a meal and saw a hair on the carrots, what would she do? I suggest she does the same in this situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭stevenf17

Found a piece of a fingernail in a can Budweiser once.... got a €5 postal order from them!
    Long story short, getting the money back on anything like that is more hassle than its worth!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭choobles

stevenf17 wrote: »
    Found a piece of a fingernail in a can Budweiser once....

Never drinking again after hearing that!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Had a pack of Mikado that were a little off once, complained and got a €10 postal order from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

If you send an email they might send you something nice... I had a Guinness before with no widget in it. They sent me €50 of one4all vouchers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

I wouldn't normally complain but sometimes it's worth it.
    I found a cigarette in my pack of John Player Blue box that wasn't JPB last year. Sent off an email, got a phonecall, a courier was sent to collect the cigarette and box and I got a letter and 40 smokes in the post a few days later!
    Companies can't afford the bad publicity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

A nice letter to the company detailing what ya found and the product number of the item or whatever so they can see where exactly it came from wouldnt be any hassle for either side.

Company can tighten hair nets or whatever on their lines and customer can continue eating fig rolls knowing the company has made an effort to reduce the chances of it happening again and probably get a free pack or something.

No need to hit the roof or be ignorant about it but definitely let them know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

MungBean wrote: »
    A nice letter to the company detailing what ya found and the product number of the item or whatever so they can see where exactly it came from wouldnt be any hassle for either side.

Company can tighten hair nets or whatever on their lines and customer can continue eating fig rolls knowing the company has made an effort to reduce the chances of it happening again and probably get a free pack or something.

Exactly this

jpcarlow wrote: »
    MungBean wrote: »

Exactly this

But in the last paragraph tell them how you and the gf are utterly horrified, shocked and distraught at the though of potentially eating part of another human and how you might need years of trauma counselling and psychotherapy to recover.
    This might be just a hair to some people but it grew from a human and has DNA in it.

Send them my name too and explain how distressed i got from reading about it. Am sure a one4all gift voucher would help me get over it. lol

Advertisement