Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Franz Ferdinand (Galway, Limerick and Cork)

Options
  • 26-03-2012 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

FRANZ FERDINAND ANNOUNCE THREE INTIMATE SHOWS THIS SUMMER

**TICKETS ON SALE THIS FRIDAY AT 9AM**

With their fourth studio album due for release this year Franz Ferdinand have announced a whistlestop Irish tour of intimate venues this summer previewing the new material amongst their extensive collection of hits. The Scottish band will play three dates in May at the following venues:

Friday 18 May GALWAY, Roisin Dubh
    Saturday 19 May LIMERICK, Dolan’s
    Sunday 20 May CORK, The Pavilion

Tickets for each show are priced from €30.00 and on sale this Friday 30 March from Ticketmaster outlets and online at www.ticketmaster.ie.

http://www.mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=7609683&ar=franzferdinand&cat=all

Surprised they haven't announced something for Dublin though?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

€30 a ticket. Shyeah, right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

think they were €21 the last time they played Dolans in 2009? So if that's the case it's a bit cheeky asking for 12 quid more seeing as their stock has lessened considerably. That gig was amazing though, think I'll grab a few tickets for this friday.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Wonder those that mean they will do bigger shows in Dublin and Belfast . Eg maybe a slot at T-Vital or Belsonic up north or maybe any of the gigs in Marley Park(if they are gonna happen)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Typical, Sharon von Etten and Shabazz Palaces both playing Dublin the Friday 18th so I'll be up there, not going to make it back to Limerick for this. Other weekends there'd be nobody playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

If their stock was less they'd have to charge less than before. Their popularity has no more lessoned from this time to last time (they were AWOL for longer last time) so I don't think it's the band 'getting cheeky' for that reason in order to make a quick buck. They played 2 sold out Irish shows but never managed to return to promote the album more but toured the rest of the world extensively.

The 3rd album was a blinder and they are fantastic live band. Dolans last time was one of the best nights I've had in there and I look forward to the next one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The 3rd album was a blinder and they are fantastic live band. Dolans last time was one of the best nights I've had in there and I look forward to the next one.

Agreed i loved the the 3rd album but it wasnt commercially as big but still a great record

If their stock was less they'd have to charge less than before. Their popularity has no more lessoned from this time to last time (they were AWOL for longer last time) so I don't think it's the band 'getting cheeky' for that reason in order to make a quick buck. They played 2 sold out Irish shows but never managed to return to promote the album more but toured the rest of the world extensively.

I loved the last album too, and the last time I saw them in Dolans was by far the best gig I've seen in there. Maybe 21 was overtly cheap last time. I think 33 might be pushin it a bit though, although they could prob charge 40 and still sell dolans out. I'd prob pay 50 to see them:D

Got tickets to Galway and Limerick. Can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Got tickets for dolans, their last gig there was amazing.

picked up some too, should be an amazing night. when is the new album out? If it hasn't been released I hope they don't play too much of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

No Dublin :(

Dublin gets all the gigs. If they don't play a Dublin gig then I'll I'm delighted as it means they'll return soon no doubt once the album comes out.

No doubt they'll be road testing new material ahead of summer festivals. I went to a gig in Glasgow where they played a lot of early versions of album 2 and stuff at didn't make it and it was still a whopper of a gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

What is with people cribbing that Franz Ferdinand are not playing in Dublin. You know what to do! Go see them in Galway, Cork, or Limerick, just like the rest of us have to go to Dublin to see plenty of bands.

We speak English as well, which makes it handy....

And the excuse of "I have no transport". Get on a bus or a train, and stay in a hostel or B&B, just like most have to do when they go to Dublin to see a band......

Stop. Moaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mr.Breen

Got tickets for Galway. Looking forward to it.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Table Top Joe

Saw the lads in Cork last night,one of the best gigs ive ever been to,absolutely saturated in sweat after it,fantastic live band.....met them afterwards too and they were dead on,Alex is one of the nicest guys you could ever meet

a great of bunch of lads:)

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

What songs did they play? I'm thinking of going to see in them at the Field Day Festival in London tomorrow and was wondering what the set list was?

decent mix of songs, but as expected with a new album coming there was 4 or 5 new tracks which was a bit of a buzz kill. Still a very good gig, just not as good as the last visit to dolans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Saw them playing to 5 or 6 thousand at Primavera last night. Not a big fan but they seemed really good. Can't believe they're playing such small venues here!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Table Top Joe

O'Doodle wrote: »
    What songs did they play? I'm thinking of going to see in them at the Field Day Festival in London tomorrow and was wondering what the set list was?

8 songs off the first album,4 new songs(the new songs went down well live i thought,mainly fast paced stuff)remainder off the 2nd and 3rd album(of about 17,18 songs)

They play all the big singles,theyre a fantastic live band,ive seen countless and i regard them as one of the best,very high energy thoughout,go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭jazzyjess881

Raging I missed them :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement