Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Traffic at 7.30am - Crumlin to Airport

Options
  • 26-03-2012 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'll be heading to the airport tomorrow morning. I need to be there for around 8am so I was planning on getting a taxi at 7.30. Off peak times that's usually enough time to get there but I don't know if there'll be traffic at that time of the morning. I don't usually get up for work til 7.45 so I have no idea what it's like.
    Is it generally quiet at that time of the morning?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

What part of Crumlin? It takes 15-20 mins to get from Walkinstown roundabout to the airport via M50 at anytime outside of the evening rush hour. Very light traffic at the time you'll be going. Even going through the city will be light enough at that time but it will take longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

A big difference between 7.30 and 8

Have that taxi booked and tell them you're getting another if it's late ;)

At 7.30 you'll be fine to make it in that time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Excellent, thanks for the prompt replies!

theteal, I'm on the SCR side of Crumlin.

mike, I might order the taxi for 7.20, in case it's late, and let him wait with the meter running (sure, work are paying for it!).

• Registered Users Posts: 78,432 ✭✭✭✭Victor

That sounds like its too tight for going through the city. I imagine it would be OK on the M50.

If 8am is your last time for check-in, you should leave much earlier.

Victor wrote: »
    That sounds like its too tight for going through the city. I imagine it would be OK on the M50.

If 8am is your last time for check-in, you should leave much earlier.

I've already checked in online. I need to be at my boarding gate in Terminal 2 by 8.25. I was allowing myself 25 minutes to get through security and to the gate.

I'll order the taxi for 7.15 so. 45 minutes should be ok, right?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

I think your cutting that very fine! If I were u, I would leave at 7. What's the harm if your a cople of mins early, it's better than missing your flight.

Just grab a coffee if your ten mins early.

cruais wrote: »
    I think your cutting that very fine! If I were u, I would leave at 7. What's the harm if your a cople of mins early, it's better than missing your flight.

Just grab a coffee if your ten mins early.

Ok, you're dead right, taxi now booked for 7, thanks!

Nothing wrong with being early, I just love my sleep and was being lazy! :p

Advertisement