Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bakeware in Cork

• 26-03-2012 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I can get cake decorating tools e.g. icing bags, different fontants, sugarpaste, cutters etc in Cork City but somewhere that is not expensive? I will try Meadows & Byrne upstairs, they have a kitchen section and I will look in Brennans but they are expensive I find. Anywhere else?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

TK Maxx should have some equipment but I doubt they'd have the likes of fondants or sugarpastes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 IsisElektra

You're probably better off ordering online. I buy about 90% of my equipment from squires kitchen and wilton. Amazon have some good stuff also

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Oleander

My sister is going to order some bits and pieces on Amazon, she said they have some cool edible decorations.

I went into Brennans in Cork today, they have loads of stuff, I bought some sparkling sugar for cupcakes, and some edible cake decorations which are really pretty but everytime I go in there I don't find them very friendly unfortunately, but they do have the best selection of stuff. I also went into Delias, Carey's Lane, Cork, very small shop. I need to do my research and think about what I want because there are so many things.

You're probably better off ordering online. I buy about 90% of my equipment from squires kitchen and wilton. Amazon have some good stuff also

Thanks for the info, will google Squires and Wilton.

JohnK wrote: »
    TK Maxx should have some equipment but I doubt they'd have the likes of fondants or sugarpastes etc.

Thanks for the tip re TK Max, didn't go in there today but will check at the weekend. They sometimes have good deals with cooking stuff and books.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Theres also a Homestore & More across the road from Mahon Point and they'd have a good bit of equipment too but they might not be the cheapest http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/store-locator/cork/stry/cork/

JohnK wrote: »
    Theres also a Homestore & More across the road from Mahon Point and they'd have a good bit of equipment too but they might not be the cheapest http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/store-locator/cork/stry/cork/

Oh yeah, I have been there a few times, forgot about that one, thanks :). Homestore can be quite cheap on occasions too.

Advertisement