Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irchss stiped

Options
  • 26-03-2012 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Has anybody received confirmation that they have been approved for the next stipend?

Would normally have expected to hear by now, considering we are supposed to be paid in april and the universities usually need to be paid about a month prior.

Just wondering if I've missed something.

Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Historia

No I have not received anything either - actually a few people in my Department are panicing that we haven't heard anything yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 unhealthy

Thanks for replying, I guess there's comfort in numbers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 AMcL

I rang them at the end of last week and they said that the payment will be through in the next week or so. I've had funding for the past three years and have only ever once received an email from them saying that my progress report was ok and confirming that I would get my payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

It's normally a 'report by exception' approach to use the accounting term. If you don't hear that's good news, if you do it's usually because there is a problem. I believe payments are being processed at present and there really is no reason to worry.

Anyone recieved their payment yet??

• Advertisement

I have "received" mine. However I haven't actually received it. They only sent €2500 instead of €8000. Their reasoning is I am nearly finished so why pay more. I don't understand that as it will be September before my hard bound submission, and although I emailed them and sought clarification on what they deem "the end" back in December they never replied.

So right now that money is in limbo, I have no access to it and I am on my last few euro. I have no idea what I am going to do!frown.gif

Oh no that's awful! Sorry to hear that.

I was just wondering because there seems to be complete confusion as to when the money will be released by my Finance Office. They are saying now they actually can't specify a date.

The IRCHSS sent the money to my finance office on the third of April. I think its your finance office that are holding things up

Still can't believe that they can just do that and reduce your funding!

Can I ask what university you are studying at? I am at UCC - I think it is the Finance Dept that are slowing things up - they are only responding now to emails sent before Easter!

I'm in UL. I'm rather in shock myself :confused:

• Advertisement

Just have a quick query. Has anyone heard when exactly the money from the October stipend will be in from their respective universities? I tried asking our Fees Office but they said it could be any time between now and Halloween!

I am heading abroad on Monday on a research trip for a few weeks and I won't have access to internet and I just wanted to have an idea about the money so I could budget on the trip!

Advertisement