Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

belfast is the city to be this August

Options
  • 26-03-2012 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭

i think with such a massive line up over two week up there, i think there will be lots traveling up if so is there a need for a travel/hotels in belfast talk thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Manuel

What's on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Manuel wrote: »
    What's on?

Tennents Vital and Belsonic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Was checking and there are some great prices in nearby hotels. Tempted to go for the 2 nights (Tennents Vital). If that was in the RDS the local hotel prices would have tripled by now.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Id love to go to Noel on the Monday before i head to Foo's the next day but i dont think anyone will go to both :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15 OddJobz

let northies lok after their own..up to me ?
    ...18 ft brick wall should be built surrounding those six counties..let them bomb n shoot al they like
    meh

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

OddJobz wrote: »
    let northies lok after their own..up to me ?
    ...18 ft brick wall should be built surrounding those six counties..let them bomb n shoot al they like
    meh

This is not on. Keep opinions like the above out of Gigs/Events, it's not the place. Banned for a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

While not a big fan of all the bands playing up there, it seems to have a great amount of gigs going on in August. How it should be done really.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea would love if they used Dublin Castle again for gigs , seen Kasabian there in 07 and was great fun and would be the same size as where they do Belsonic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

No reason why there shouldn't be plenty of gigs in Belfast, have travelled up for plenty of stuff over the years and always enjoyed it, there's tonnes already on in Dublin over the summer, not the same bands and I'd prefer the rock bands from Belsonic and Tennants Vital to be playing Dublin - still a chance of that of course, but Belfast isn't exactly the most expensive place to travel to either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Belfast setting the bar extraordinarily high, much to their credit too.
    Tourism 101!

• Advertisement
Advertisement