Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Karate lessons for an almost 8 year old

Options
  • 26-03-2012 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Anyone know where to go, my son is looking for lessons but weekends only will do (I see some after after school at 4 but that won't suit)

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Thewanderer_ie

Waterford Martial Arts, across from the People's Park. They have classes in the afternoons, but Saturday mornings as well. Your guy would probably end up in a class that starts at 11:45, goes for 1.5hrs roughly.
    They are absolutely great in there, my 2 sons go, and I have seen great improvement in their concentration and coordination. Can't recommend them enough.
    Check their website and Facebook page for contact details...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Thanks for the response.

I was looking at that alright.. is MMA solely related to fighting though (like boxing?) or is it like Karate in the sense that it is about disipline, etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Thewanderer_ie

WMA is not at all connected to the MMA fighting scene. The kids classes are directed at self-discipline, balance, and control, not fighting. There are separate sparring classes, but in these ones the only thing that is ever hit or kicked are pads and air, and those not too often.
    The first couple classes are free, and your son could go down and join in one day to see if he liked it (and you liked it :) ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Wan tew

6-7 on Thursday nights in the Crystal centre. 5 euro a night pay as you go with Der Carew 7th Dan. Traditional Shotokan Karate.

Advertisement