Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should\Will Mancini be sacked after spending squillions and winning nowt this season?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

CSF wrote: »
    Saving this to eventually laugh at your cluelessness.

...........I'm going on your ignore list now amnt I?

Cluelessness? About what? Him being poor in Europe with Inter and again with Man City.

It's simply pointing out facts.

If you just want to ignore facts, then yes, you probably will be. When you throw around terms like cluelessness too, yes that also increases the chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

plasmaguy wrote: »
    We will soon see who is proved right.

Man Utd were poor for most of the season and yet still look like winning, despite being a team almost in transition with lots of new players and a 37 year old and a 38 year old pulling the strings in the middle of the park.

I just don't think Mancini has the bottle for winning the EPL.

If he doesn't win it this year it means he'll never win it? Is that what you're getting at?

Bottle for winning? Buzzwords galore.

How can you be almost in transition? Where did you hear that from?

I see alot of posters commenting on your ignore list. If you even have one why bother posting nonesense on here if you don't want to listen to responses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

What return? He hasn't played for City since November. What are you talking about?

Return to the club....

Was at home in Argentina sulking since November....

He returned and resumed training on the 14th of February (give or take a few days)

Oh, and he has come on as a sub in City's last two games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,654 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Saving this to eventually laugh at your cluelessness.

...........I'm going on your ignore list now amnt I?

Cluelessness? About what? Him being poor in Europe with Inter and again with Man City.

It's simply pointing out facts.

If you just want to ignore facts, then yes, you probably will be. When you throw around terms like cluelessness too, yes that also increases the chances.
    It is clueless to say that Mancini will never win the league with City when he is one home win (with a 100% home record) away from top.

It us utterly idiotic to guarantee that. If you can guarantee it, put your money where your mouth is and give me 5/1 on City winning the league. You won't though because you're talking utter crap.

It is clueless to say that Mancini will never win the league with City when he is one home win (with a 100% home record) away from top.

It us utterly idiotic to guarantee that. If you can guarantee it, put your money where your mouth is and give me 5/1 on City winning the league. You won't though because you're talking utter crap.

Don't forget it's a garuntee! You should be looking for 20/1!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,198 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

We will soon see who is proved right.

Man Utd were poor for most of the season and yet still look like winning, despite being a team almost in transition with lots of new players and a 37 year old and a 38 year old pulling the strings in the middle of the park.

I just don't think Mancini has the bottle for winning the EPL.

We will come back to this thread in May, when you can admit I was right!

No, it's a ridiculous assertion regardless, because you're stating something as fact with absolutely no logical basis behind it.

Man City might win the league, they might lose it (and I've never stated which I believe will occur, incidentally), but to simply state they definitely won't win the league is simply childish under the circumstances.

"I don't think Man City will quite make it to win the league" is a very different statement to "Man City will never win a league under Mancini".

They aren't going to win the league, and 5/1 is a reasonable bet on that.

I don't think they can win the league, and 5/1 is a reasonable bet on that.
    FYP to make it hurt my soul less.

Incidentally, 5/1 is reasonable for something you state as an opinion. For something you state as a fact, he should be able to pick pretty much any number he likes, as according to you, it simply won't happen. If one is betting on something which won't happen, odds should surely be in the thousands, or tens of thousands.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    No, it's a ridiculous assertion regardless, because you're stating something as fact with absolutely no logical basis behind it.

Man City might win the league, they might lose it (and I've never stated which I believe will occur, incidentally), but to simply state they definitely won't win the league is simply childish under the circumstances.

"I don't think Man City will quite make it to win the league" is a very different statement to "Man City will never win a league under Mancini".

Careful now ;)

My belief if he doesn't win it this season, he'll be gone in the summer. That said, Utd were poor/average for much of the season, and no-one can say this Utd team ranks up their with some of the great teams they had in the recent past. Very much a team in transition. They were poor in Europe, yet seem to be able to win the league without much trouble.

If Mancini couldn't win it this year, a year when Utd were poor and building, then what chance in future? Very little.

But hey, you're the expert on these things. :rolleyes:

FYP to make it hurt my soul less.

Why are you changing my posts when quoting them? You're not going to bother even quote my posts properly is that it? Tell me why I should respond to anything you say if you do something like that?

• Advertisement

Why are you changing my posts when quoting them? You're not going to bother even quote my posts properly is that it? Tell me why I should respond to anything you say if you do something like that?

...i answered that question in the post you just quoted... "Fixed Your Post to make it hurt my soul less"

...i answered that question in the post you just quoted... "Fixed Your Post to make it hurt my soul less"

Yeh, well, like I said, they won't win this season. Lunchtime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Careful now ;)

My belief if he doesn't win it this season, he'll be gone in the summer. That said, Utd were poor/average for much of the season, and no-one can say this Utd team ranks up their with some of the great teams they had in the recent past. Very much a team in transition. They were poor in Europe, yet seem to be able to win the league without much trouble.

If Mancini couldn't win it this year, a year when Utd were poor and building, then what chance in future? Very little.

But hey, you're the expert on these things. :rolleyes:

Utd have been "poor and building" for years...they still manage to win. Why? Because they have patience with the players and patience with the manager.

Utd were poorer last year, won the league and I didn't hear anyone questioning Utd's quality. It's misguided to believe Utd are anything but deserving of where they are, this year or any other year. But then again I'm not just reguritating what 'pundits' are spouting. Claiming Utd are poor just to diminish City's improvement is just sad.
    Utd have been "poor and building" for years...they still manage to win. Why? Because they have patience with the players and patience with the manager.

Exactly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

What return? He hasn't played for City since November. What are you talking about?

All those goals you said he would have created against Stoke, you are aware he played the last 40 minutes of that game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Wrong!

Because they get given penos they shouldnt - Chelsea game

and dont get they given against when they should! - Fulham game

Childish but these decisions do make a difference

Wrong!

That's a silly argument. All these things balance out. What about the penalty decision against them in the Newcastle game? It happens to everyone. Can be frustrating, but 90% of the time a decision that goes for you in one game will also have a game that goes against you in another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    who’s not afraid to dodge a difficult question thrown at him.

How is that a likable feature of a person?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Wrong!

Sarcasm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

i cant believe i have just read through this thread, some shocking statements made, beyond any form of logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

No way he should be sacked, but billionaire owners being what they are you'd never know.

And no way he should be blamed for the Tevez affair. I thought he handled that about as well as could be expected given that Tevez acted like a spoilt brat. It's not easy to manage a squad of high profile and highly paid players and so far he's done a decent job. He deserves another season for sure, even if they come second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Should he be sacked if they don't win the league? I'm not so sure, progress is certainly being made.

Will he be sacked? Who knows, the owners think someone else will do the job better for them, yes he will be, possibly JM for example, if he is interested and can be got RM is out of a job.

Should he have got the job at all? No, not imo anyway.

They aren't going to win the league, and 5/1 is a reasonable bet on that.

Whats your limit?

Can I place a tenner on City to win the league if you are offering ridiculous odds?

As a United fan it would ease my pain to become a millionaire by it, at least I am pretty sure it would be almost impossible for me to be down for too long about losing the league title race this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,498 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

i cant believe i have just read through this thread, some shocking statements made, beyond any form of logic.

Dont read the Kenny Dalglish thread then, some of the stuff Plasmaguy comes out with in it makes even less sense.

kryogen wrote: »
    Whats your limit?

Can I place a tenner on City to win the league if you are offering ridiculous odds?

As a United fan it would ease my pain to become a millionaire by it, at least I am pretty sure it would be almost impossible for me to be down for too long about losing the league title race this season.

I never said I was offering ridiculous odds, it's you who said that, and other posters too who mentioned money first.

I'm more interested in the footballing side of things anyways, but perfectly willing to make a bet with anyone with credible as opposed to ridiculous odds.

Not sure how it would work though. If i said 1/10, does that mean I pay someone 10 euro if man city win the league, and they pay me 100 if they don't. Sounds good to me!

• Advertisement

Dont read the Kenny Dalglish thread then, some of the stuff Plasmaguy comes out with in it makes even less sense.

It doesn't make sense if you lack knowledge of football, which you seem to do.

If you are willing to make an intelligent post, fair enough. If you are just going to post like you just did, I've no interest reading something like that. You know the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,913 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

It doesn't make sense if you lack knowledge of football, which you seem to do.

If you are willing to make an intelligent post, fair enough. If you are just going to post like you just did, I've no interest reading something like that. You know the rest.

He made the list didn't he? Must be a long one by now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,498 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Xavi6 wrote: »
    He made the list didn't he?

Yay!

Xavi6 wrote: »
    He made the list didn't he? Must be a long one by now?

He hasn't made the list yet no, lucky chap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I never said I was offering ridiculous odds, it's you who said that, and other posters too who mentioned money first.

I'm more interested in the footballing side of things anyways, but perfectly willing to make a bet with anyone with credible as opposed to ridiculous odds.

Not sure how it would work though. If i said 1/10, does that mean I pay someone 10 euro if man city win the league, and they pay me 100 if they don't. Sounds good to me!

LOL.

• Advertisement

You were throwing around odds and you don't know how betting works??? And then you question other peoples lack of knowledge in your next post???

FYI, if you said you'd offer 1/10, and I accepted and put 10 euro down. If I win, you would pay me 11 euro back. If you won, you keep my tenner.

What everyone here has been nitpicking about is that you garunteed City would not win the league, which implies you would offer large odds, say 100/1 City won't win. In that case, I put a tenner down and win, you pay me 1,010 euro. This obviously wouldn't bother you if it was a 'garuntee' that it wouldn't happen.

So in light of this, what odds would you offer? Remember that if you still wish to stick by your garuntee, everyone is expecting large odds. If you get enough of us to put down 20 euro you're laughing ;):p

You were throwing around odds and you don't know how betting works??? And then you question other peoples lack of knowledge in your next post???

FYI, if you said you'd offer 1/10, and I accepted and put 10 euro down. If I win, you would pay me 11 euro back. If you won, you keep my tenner.

What everyone here has been nitpicking about is that you garunteed City would not win the league, which implies you would offer large odds, say 100/1 City won't win. In that case, I put a tenner down and win, you pay me 1,010 euro. This obviously wouldn't bother you if it was a 'garuntee' that it wouldn't happen.

So in light of this, what odds would you offer? Remember that if you still wish to stick by your garuntee, everyone is expecting large odds. If you get enough of us to put down 20 euro you're laughing ;):p

They aren't going to win the league, I know that from a footballing point of view.

To win the league in England you have to beat the likes of Stoke, in the run in.

As for betting, I've no interest in betting money with anonymous posters on an internet forum, because as you know, if they win, they will want to collect, if I win, they will say something like, ah I wasn't being serious. It was someone else who brought the money into it in the first place, when I'd prefer to keep it to a discussion about football and the merits or not of Mancini.

That said, I'd certainly stake my access to this forum on it, no problem with that, I doubt anyone else will take up that "bet".

A lot of teams over the last 20 years have had very strong starts to the season, but then implode or fall away when it comes to the end.

Maybe this season will be an important step for Man City, in that they will learn you need to win games like that against Stoke near the end of the season.

They aren't going to win the league, I know that from a footballing point of view.

To win the league in England you have to beat the likes of Stoke, in the run in.

As for betting, I've no interest in betting money with anonymous posters on an internet forum, because as you know, if they win, they will want to collect, if I win, they will say something like, ah I wasn't being serious.

I'd certainly stake my access to this forum on it, no problem with that.

A lot of teams over the last 20 years have had very strong starts to the season, but then implode or fall away when it comes to the end.

Maybe this season will be an important step for Man City, in that they will learn you need to win games like that against Stoke near the end of the season.

Pretty funny you should say that, as I'm sure everyone on here would expect that of you judging by your input to this.

I'm not saying City will win the league, or Utd. The facts are that there are 3 points in it and 5 goals in the difference. Utd have to play City away in the run in, and aside from this each team have 7 other games to play.

I fail to see how this is decided yet. It is very much a two horse race where anything could happen. Should a League winning team be beaten by Blackburn? Just asking as a draw with Stoke is worthy of writing off City.

This season, City have beaten Utd 6-1 in Old Trafford. Utd managed to beat them in the cup, narrowly in the end, 3-2 playing against ten men. City also have, at present, 100% record at home in the league for the last 20 games. Yet, against all this information, your footballing knowledge garuntees Utd beat them for the league?????????? Or are you saying City will win this game but drop loads of points in their remaining fixtures, where Utd won't? Becasue they were exceptional against Fulham during the week.

You have dug a hole for yourself here by stating you're garuntees and footballing knowledge and backed nothing up. Just because you say you are something, doesn't make it so.

If it is a garuntee you are offering then I put the following to you:

If City beat Arsenal next weekend, they will win the league. I'll put my access on here against yours.

Pretty funny you should say that, as I'm sure everyone on here would expect that of you judging by your input to this.

I'm not saying City will win the league, or Utd. The facts are that there are 3 points in it and 5 goals in the difference. Utd have to play City away in the run in, and aside from this each team have 7 other games to play.

I fail to see how this is decided yet. It is very much a two horse race where anything could happen. Should a League winning team be beaten by Blackburn? Just asking as a draw with Stoke is worthy of writing off City.

This season, City have beaten Utd 6-1 in Old Trafford. Utd managed to beat them in the cup, narrowly in the end, 3-2 playing against ten men. City also have, at present, 100% record at home in the league for the last 20 games. Yet, against all this information, your footballing knowledge garuntees Utd beat them for the league?????????? Or are you saying City will win this game but drop loads of points in their remaining fixtures, where Utd won't? Becasue they were exceptional against Fulham during the week.

You have dug a hole for yourself here by stating you're garuntees and footballing knowledge and backed nothing up. Just because you say you are something, doesn't make it so.

How have I dug a hole? They aren't going to win the league, from a footballing point of view, unless a Munich like air disaster occurs to Man Utd.

As for gambling, again no interest in that for reasons stated.

If you want to make a bet, go to your local bookies, or else stake your access to this forum. By the way, I don't want to get into a back and forth with you about this on here, you are welcome to pm me, if you want to get into a back and forth.

If it is a garuntee you are offering then I put the following to you:

If City beat Arsenal next weekend, they will win the league. I'll put my access on here against yours.

You will lose, are you sure you want to do that!

How have I dug a hole? They aren't going to win the league, from a footballing point of view, unless a Munich like air disaster occurs to Man Utd.

As for gambling, again no interest in that for reasons stated.

If you want to make a bet, go to your local bookies, or else stake your access to this forum. By the way, I don't want to get into a back and forth with you about this on here, you are welcome to pm me, if you want to get into a back and forth.

What. A. Comment. I can take it now you can't be a Utd fan to say something like that. I have no love for Utd but to say something that disrespectful is a disgrace.
    You will lose, are you sure you want to do that!

No interest in back and forth. I'll stand by my bet.

What. A. Comment. I can take it now you can't be a Utd fan to say something like that. I have no love for Utd but to say something that disrespectful is a disgrace.

No interest in back and forth. I'll stand by my bet.

Ah, I'm not the type that would deny anyone the pleasure of posting on this forum! It's other people who responded to what I said, by saying "yeh why don't you bet money on it so" and other immature responses like that, without bothering mostly to do a proper analysis of the football side of things.

Let's agree to disagree on this one. I don't think Man City will win the league for the reasons I stated. That's my last post on this thread, as it's turned from a football thread to a gambling one, and I'm not going drag it away from the football talk any further.

If Mancini loses the league, there is a good chance the owners will say to him in the summer, here's 20 million of a payoff, thanks for everything. Anyways that's me done on this thread.

Ah, I'm not the type that would deny anyone the pleasure of posting on this forum! It's other people who responded to what I said, by saying "yeh why don't you bet money on it so" and other immature responses like that, without bothering mostly to do a proper analysis of the football side of things.

Let's agree to disagree on this one. I don't think Man City will win the league for the reasons I stated. That's my last post on this thread, as it's turned from a football thread to a gambling one, and I'm not going drag it away from the football talk any further.

If Mancini loses the league, there is a good chance the owners will say to him in the summer, here's 20 million of a payoff, thanks for everything. Anyways that's me done on this thread.

I could see your reverse lights as soon as I logged into boards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

This one really needs it's title changed .

Looking at the City owners faces yesterday i would say his time is up.

I don't think he has done that bad of a job , but the way they exited the CL will compound the reason to sack him .

Also has anyone got the stats from when Tevez was introduced back into the team?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Just thought i'd give this thread a bump seeing as it was lying on page 5 of the forum, covered in dust. Not many posts in this?? :confused:

Anyway, Mancini's post match interviews and press conferences have been very weird, haven't they. Talking about the league definitely being over and the main thing being they have definitely secured a top four place. Very strange post match interviews!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

monkey9 wrote: »
    Just thought i'd give this thread a bump seeing as it was lying on page 5 of the forum, covered in dust. Not many posts in this?? :confused:

Anyway, Mancini's post match interviews and press conferences have been very weird, haven't they. Talking about the league definitely being over and the main thing being they have definitely secured a top four place. Very strange post match interviews!!!

It's a poor attempt at mind games tbh.

He wants United to think the league is over so that they become complacent. All too obvious really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Nearly 150. Were you expecting a full mega-thread? :confused:

Mancini should and will stay IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

I think he's getting use to the media and not giving them the reaction they want.

I thought the press conference today was great,"United are perfect, we are not".

With the same questions being asked all the time, It's about time someone had some fun with the media.

And there's not many posts because it's an absurd question and not many City fans will take the bait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Scuba Ste wrote: »
    And there's not many posts because it's an absurd question and not many City fans will take the bait.

Stick a few quid on it if your so confident. Good vlue on him being there next season.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/man-city-specials/mancini-in-charge-1st-day-of-season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,913 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

The best bit was when his phone rang at the start and he told the journos that it was Mario asking if he could play tomorrow :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Nah, give him another season. Let him clear out the handicaps and make a decent go of it. He wasn't too far off this season to give him his dues.

Always good to feel a bit of heat from a new source.

Guardiola has been saying, and is still saying that it is impossible for Barca to win the league this season for a long time now. It is very clearly not impossible and the media have been praising him for his excellent mind games and putting all the pressure on Real Madrid.

It is the exact same thing as Mancini is doing now. Yet the media will not be so kind to him I bet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

So would people reckon that what Mancini is saying in front of the cameras is different to what he's saying in private to the squad??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

So would people reckon that what Mancini is saying in front of the cameras is different to what he's saying in private to the squad??
    Why are you so obsessed about city?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement