Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3G on the New IPAD

• 26-03-2012 1:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41

Anyone else having issues trying to get 3G connectivity on the new IPAD?

Bought a Meteor pay as you go microsim on Saturday and the IPAD could not connect. Called Meteor 3 times where it was finally decided it was a faulty SIM.

Got a new SIM this morning and still the same issue, cannot connect to Meteor.

It may possibly be a bug in IOS 5.1, seems people on macrumours are experiencing the same problem.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1344948

I would be interested to hear if anyone has 3g working on Voda, o2, H3 or Meteor on the new IPAD

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭jkb_dub

Mine's working fine, am on three. Swapped over and it worked immediately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41 navag

thanks for the feedback, I might try 3 if I cant get Meteor working in the next few days

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Conjob83

jkb_dub wrote: »
    Mine's working fine, am on three. Swapped over and it worked immediately.

What plan did you use on 3? I'm thinking of going with them when i pick up an iPad. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

No problems with mine either; have had 3, O2 and Vodafone Sims in it.

Conjob83, if you're going for occasional usage with 3 you can get a 500MB data bundle for 5 euro and you can also queue them up so a new bundle starts when the old one expires based on time or use of the allowance.

So what I do is the following;
    Day 1; top up by 20 euros thus earning 'all you can eat data' for 1 month.
    Day 30 (note, do not add the bundle on day1 as it'll over-ride the free unlimited month of data); buy 4 x 500MB data bundles from the 20 euros of credit still in the account.

End of month 5; repeat above process; thus 20 euros gets 5 months of data. :)

The bundles can all be added online from 'My 3' as well as topups making it ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭jkb_dub

Conjob83 wrote: »
    What plan did you use on 3? I'm thinking of going with them when i pick up an iPad. Thanks

Paying 20 quid per month on the active plan. Need more than 1gb per month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭shakedown

bkehoe wrote: »

Conjob83, if you're going for occasional usage with 3 you can get a 500MB data bundle for 5 euro and you can also queue them up so a new bundle starts when the old one expires based on time or use of the allowance.

Day 30 (note, do not add the bundle on day1 as it'll over-ride the free unlimited month of data); buy 4 x 500MB data bundles from the 20 euros of credit still in the account.

The bundles can all be added online from 'My 3' as well as topups making it ideal.

This sounds like it would suit me. What kind of sim card do I ask for? Prepay broadband?

shakedown wrote: »
    This sounds like it would suit me. What kind of sim card do I ask for? Prepay broadband?

No, I think you should just get a standard MicroSim for an iPhone. Reason is that the 500MB bundle is intended for 'on handset' internet use and the mobile broadband bundles are larger and thus more expensive.

I'm fairly sure that you wouldn't be able to add the €5 bundles on the mobile broadband sim but I may be wrong there...

You can, however, add a mobile broadband bundle onto the standard sim so if you ever did need more data you can just add it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

Last fri I got an ipad with wifi and 3g. Would i be able to use the 3g in it without paying a bundle? And I can't use 3g of my phone as it is pre-pay and it's an iphone and won't allow it on pre-pay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 103 ✭✭sammyano

Please can you respond to my questions - cheers
    bkehoe wrote: »

Question - What sim are you using, normal sim or the micro sim card?

Question 2 - so basically, if I pick up a sim card from 3 today and then topup by 20 euro, then 29 days from today I buy 4 x 500mb data (5 euro), which will come off the 20 euro topup I made, so if am correct - how do you queue the start and end of the data bundle and lastly, not sure I follow the part of end of month 5, how do you get 5 months of data, is it based on 500mb per month?
    cheers

sammyano wrote: »
    Please can you respond to my questions - cheers

1) A MicroSim. Just pick up a PAYG iPhone Microsim.

2) The data bundle commences the instant you buy it (thus why it's important not to buy it during the free month of data after topping up). The next bundle will commence the instant the preceding one expires (due to depletion of the 500MB or expiration of the 30 days validity). So assuming you use no more than 500MB per month you will have 5 months of internet for €20.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41 navag

So I returned the meteor micro sim and was refunded. Bought an O2 micro sim and it worked straight away!

Advertisement