Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Supervalu for Celbridge [Now open]

Options
  • 26-03-2012 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭

I see that a new Supervalu has been announced to open in Celbridge in 2012. Anyone have an idea where it is likely to be situated? Hopefully it will be away from the Tesco/Lidl axis which can be a bit of a mare for traffic at times.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

I'd say we could quite safely guarantee that the supermarket will be located somewhere along the Tesco/Lidl/Aldi route :D Planning in Celbridge is atrocious!

I can't for the life of me imagine where they are planning to put it- must take a walk later and see if I can spot any planning notices.

Edit: a quick google indicates it's going in beside Boylan's Garage apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

That strikes me as a shrewd move on behalf of SuperValu, if Lidl hadn't been so obsessed with plonking themselves as close as possible to Aldi and had got that site they'd probably be doing a lot better than they are.

Guaranteed to catch all people who use the Dublin Road on their way home who need to grab a few bits for the dinner or whatever reason, that business alone should keep them ticking over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

11 out of Celbridge's 45 estates are on the east side of the Liffey with only the Tesco express and Boylan's garage for groceries shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭tubbs26

I see work has commenced on this. I have a few questions I was wondering if anyone knows the answer.

1) When will it be finished?
    2) What other shops/restaurants are going to be located there?
    3) Are there any drawings available online to see what its going to look like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

tubbs26 wrote: »
    I see work has commenced on this. I have a few questions I was wondering if anyone knows the answer.

1) When will it be finished?
    2) What other shops/restaurants are going to be located there?
    3) Are there any drawings available online to see what its going to look like?

Saw this today also. Was wondering where the entrance will be? Will they be allowed have it out onto the Dublin Road?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭tubbs26

tallpaul wrote: »
    Saw this today also. Was wondering where the entrance will be? Will they be allowed have it out onto the Dublin Road?

There will be joined entrance for the petrol station and shopping centre onto the Dublin Road. I looked at the plans the Kildare County Council Website

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

You can see the plans here http://webgis.kildarecoco.ie/PlanningEnquiry/ using planning number 10313.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

They have not made much progress on this in the last 5 weeks or so

mloc123 wrote: »
    They have not made much progress on this in the last 5 weeks or so

Still working away albeit a little slow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Niamhis2904

anybody know how to apply for a job there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 keykev01

Yes there were jobs advertised in the local newspaper called The Liffey Champion weeks back they're doing interviews in The Glenroyal Hotel Maynooth on this coming Wednesday 11th of June. If you want to call Personnel in Trim on 046-9431505 ask for Josephine

• Registered Users Posts: 2 keykev01

@tallpaul yes it's being built out of celbridge as you're heading for hazelhatch it's being built beside the petrol station think it's called Toughers they sell cars too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

keykev01 wrote: »
    Yes there were jobs advertised in the local newspaper called The Liffey Champion weeks back they're doing interviews in The Glenroyal Hotel Maynooth on this coming Wednesday 11th of June. If you want to call Personnel in Trim on 046-9431505 ask for Josephine

I presume you mean Wednesday 12th June.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Karlitto

tallpaul wrote: »
    I see that a new Supervalu has been announced to open in Celbridge in 2012. Anyone have an idea where it is likely to be situated? Hopefully it will be away from the Tesco/Lidl axis which can be a bit of a mare for traffic at times.

Pretty much right beside the Tougher garage on the Dublin road

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Niamhis2904

do you no what time?

Karlitto wrote: »

The previous poster is job hunting and wonders when the job interviews are taking place in the Glenroyal hotel.

How does googling "when does the new supervalue open in celbridge" help ?

brian_t wrote: »
    The previous poster is job hunting and wonders when the job interviews are taking place in the Glenroyal hotel.

How does googling "when does the new supervalue open in celbridge" help ?

Last thing I saw was "do you know what time?" Which to me meant, "when is it open?"

I didn't see that it was the same poster who was looking for a job. But the same principle still applies...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+can+I+apply+for+a+job+in+supervalu%3F

Yeah, you should no that people who type in text speak are looking for a job :)

• Advertisement

Karlitto wrote: »
    Last thing I saw was "do you know what time?" Which to me meant, "when is it open?"

I didn't see that it was the same poster who was looking for a job. But the same principle still applies...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+can+I+apply+for+a+job+in+supervalu%3F

I know you're excited about using your new toy but google wasn't going to tell Niamh what time the interviews were being held at in Maynooth.

Somebody who saw the add in the paper might have been able to help.

Hopefully she found out and maybe got lucky with a job there.

St Wolstan's Shopping Centre will be the given name of the centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 cat_<3

I was at the interviews for the new Supervalu. Just wondering how did everyone do? Have you heard back yet?

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭RedSeven7

Is there going to be another Halo Cafe up there does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Does anyone know the opening date please for the Super Valu?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭paul71

keykev01 wrote: »

Interesting that means it is owned by the Nallys' who went to school in Celbridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

livEwirE wrote: »
    Does anyone know the opening date please for the Super Valu?

They are taking their time building it anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Just to let everyone know that the new store is open on the 1st of August as far as I know I know a good few people working there shop in the Trim store.Steven Nally runs it and its a great shop,2nd last year overall at the awards so Celbridge will be nice, own bakers, chefs the full works. There's a new ad with him and the new store on tv last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

Just to let everyone know that the new store is open on the 1st of August as far as I know I know a good few people working there shop in the Trim store.Steven Nally runs it and its a great shop,2nd last year overall at the awards so Celbridge will be nice, own bakers, chefs the full works. There's a new ad with him and the new store on tv last night.

Cheers for the info. I'd be very surprised if it was ready in 2 and a half weeks though. I drove by it this morning and it looks to be way off completion....maybe 6-8 weeks I'd guess?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

It's weird, most of the complex looks very unfinished, but from what I could see the Supervalu store itself looks very near completed, I could see shelves etc fitted inside.

I'd say the Supervalu will open with work continuing with the rest of the building fenced off.

In other news I have it on good authority that the Tougher's petrol station is to be levelled with a McDonald's built in its place. It may be a petrol station/McDonald's set up like they have in Lucan

Advertisement