Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Supervalu for Celbridge [Now open]

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

2ndcoming wrote: »
    It may be a petrol station/McDonald's set up like they have in Lucan

This might be dangerous or me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

It may be an Applegreen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Diva123

will be opened in august.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Diva123 wrote: »
    will be opened in august.

August 1st to be exact as mentioned five posts earlier, just got a nice glossy brochure in the door, looks like a nice place to shop, it's a pity they give the location map as Portloaise though, too far for me, it never ceases to amaze me how these kind of b**ls up happens with all the planning and reviews that go into these glossy flyers. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

vektarman wrote: »
    it's a pity they give the location map as Portloaise though, too far for me, it never ceases to amaze me how these kind of b**ls up happens with all the planning and reviews that go into these glossy flyers. :pac:

Yeah, noticed that myself, what a complete fookup:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Think that beats the "wimax now available in Dungarvan" flyers Imagine dropped in Maynooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Didn't read the whole thread but scratching my head at yet another supermarket in Celbridge, a town with no swimming pool, no cinema, no hotel, but plenty of grocery shoppers it seems.

n97 mini wrote: »
    Didn't read the whole thread but scratching my head at yet another supermarket in Celbridge, a town with no swimming pool, no cinema, no hotel, but plenty of grocery shoppers it seems.

Hotel is on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

Joe Public wrote: »
    Hotel is on the way.
    Setanta reopening ?

Discussed here

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Sandypants

Peppa Pig Setanta reopening ?

that place has been up for sale for forever. drove by the supervalu today..the builders causing a traffic jam wit there lolly pop stick...1st of aug doesnt look near ready...but u know builders they can get there ass in gear and finish it off when it suits them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭paul71

Sandypants wrote: »
    Peppa Pig Setanta reopening ?

that place has been up for sale for forever. drove by the supervalu today..the builders causing a traffic jam wit there lolly pop stick...1st of aug doesnt look near ready...but u know builders they can get there ass in gear and finish it off when it suits them!!

Yep, it was and has been bought now and to re-open soon. There is an article in the Liffey Champion this week on it.

paul71 wrote: »
    Yep, it was and has been bought now and to re-open soon. There is an article in the Liffey Champion this week on it.

really i drive by the for sale sign everyday...you'd think i'd of notice the change...bless

god if they have a late bar it better be over 25's...before it closed down it was fulla of kids fighting all way down to the town... ruining my sleep!! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭paul71

Sandypants wrote: »
    really i drive by the for sale sign everyday...you'd think i'd of notice the change...bless

god if they have a late bar it better be over 25's...before it closed down it was fulla of kids fighting all way down to the town... ruining my sleep!! haha

Estate agents are always lazy buggers about taking the signs down, and there were kids fighting outside the place for 25 years.

Stumbled out of it once or twice myself but never saw the point of getting involved in the pushing and shoving matches that took place. :)

I wouldn't hold out too much hope for there not being a nightclub in it again unless you can lodge an objection to the licence application and convince Judge Zaidan in Kilcock not to grant it.

At least we can hope there will be a few jobs out of it.

oh i stumbled out of it a couple of (too many times) myself.....more jobs hopefully & sumwhere new to eat be good aswell!! no point me lodging a complaint....i've since moved up the road....

I had a nosey in the shop yesterday, on opening day. Still a building site beside it but the supermarket itself is (nearly) complete and fully functional. Very nice inside, much bigger than the Maynooth one.
    I was taken aback to find there were no disabled parking spaces at all. They will be there "soon".
    Had a chat with a few Supervalu people and asked them how they felt about opening the shop to all but the mobility impaired.
    They were very apologetic but blamed the builders ;)

I hope they don't put in too many disabled spots as in Tesco. I feel with too many you get people abusing them.

Joe Public wrote: »
    I hope they don't put in too many disabled spots as in Tesco. I feel with too many you get people abusing them.
    They are going down one side only, so it looks like they have got it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭Buffman

I see their aerial advertising is back up flying around Celbridge at the moment, the pilot earned his money yesterday evening avoiding all the thunderstorms.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭2011abc

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    They are going down one side only, so it looks like they have got it right.

Thanks heavens for that ,the number of disabled parking spots in Tesco Celbridge is farcical!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

The number of disabled parking spots is dictated by planning regs as a percentage of the overall number of places (not sure what the ratio is)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I was in there yesterday and apart from them having no loyality cards, or no clue how to use the lotto machine, its a nice shop

Advertisement