Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some Mame and Hyperspin n00bish queries

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

OK guys,

So if I was to put together a list of needed hardware this is what I think it all looks like based on conversations to date. How does this sound?

Cab Related: Candy Cab Itself (2p 6 Button)
    Game PCB (Have to have at least one real PCB!) Kick Harness (depending on PCB)
    Step down transformer
    A Stool!

MAME Related:
    PC & Keyboard
    JPAC (Probably USB version)
    Wire, Spade Clips & Crimping Tool for Extra Buttons to JPAC
    ArcadeVGA
    Powered Speakers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

You only need the arcadeVGA card if you are going for an arcade monitor, i use an lcd in mine with simulated scan lines, its not as good but it works for now until i can get a few more cabs!

You will need a marquee light as well, some plexi glass, paint etc. also you will have to think about a marquee and artwork for the control panel and sides.

Also T-Moulding for the edges and maybe a coin door for the front?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Thanks Keith. Sorry I should have said that I'm getting a candy cab with monitor etc so that just cover all you mentioned.

That aside, how does that list look?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭Doge

keithgeo wrote: »
    i use an lcd in mine with simulated scan lines

keithgeo
    Transformers_-_EvilDecepticons.gif?v=1

What is it with Transformer's fans and LCD Arcade cabs? ;)

dscf1113wn.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

haha, it was handier at the time to use an LCD, the plan is to get a few more "real" cabs later this year, cant go without having a proper crt arcade cab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭andrew241983

lads sorry for hijacking this thread just looking for a bit of help... im building an arcade cabinet myself but just testing mameui to see what games i can get working... basically my problem is i have version0.144 and when i install games to my roms folder only 2work.. i installed the simpsons,virtua striker,virtua tennis,street fighter and mortal kombat
    and all the chd's to go with it... but only the simppsons and street fighter work the rest say "missing rom or related chd try another game" ive tried loads of different version that match my mame version...

any help would be much appreciated
    or if someone would like to setup a hdd drive with everything to go plug and play i wud pay them;););)
    cheers:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

lads sorry for hijacking this thread just looking for a bit of help... im building an arcade cabinet myself but just testing mameui to see what games i can get working... basically my problem is i have version0.144 and when i install games to my roms folder only 2work.. i installed the simpsons,virtua striker,virtua tennis,street fighter and mortal kombat
    and all the chd's to go with it... but only the simppsons and street fighter work the rest say "missing rom or related chd try another game" ive tried loads of different version that match my mame version...

or if someone would like to setup a hdd drive with everything to go plug and play i wud pay them;););)
    Download a romset matching your version of mame
    If you use a FE, don't use mameui use command line mame and compile your own to scrap nag screens and keep high scores

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭andrew241983

Download a romset matching your version of mame
    If you use a FE, don't use mameui use command line mame and compile your own to scrap nag screens and keep high scores
    Cheers mate will give it a try

Advertisement