Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National School Enrollment Application - how early?

• 26-03-2012 2:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

I know I might be jumping the gun a bit but what age was your child when you applied for a place in a national school?

Our little fella is not a year old yet so I'm not overly worried but I wouldn't like to have to travel across town to bring him to school when he begins. We live in Dooradoyle and would rather he attended a local school.

Just thought I would ask here first before I approach any schools looking like an over enthusiastic gobshi*e

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

SEORG wrote: »
    I know I might be jumping the gun a bit but what age was your child when you applied for a place in a national school?

Our little fella is not a year old yet so I'm not overly worried but I wouldn't like to have to travel across town to bring him to school when he begins. We live in Dooradoyle and would rather he attended a local school.

Just thought I would ask here first before I approach any schools looking like an over enthusiastic gobshi*e

Cheers.

My GF applied to a few schools within about 4 months of our daughters birth.
    I dunno if that is being overly cautious but if you have a school in mind then why not apply early? AFAIK They dont mind getting early applications.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭LucyLouLou

My two youngest have their names down since they were 2 & 4 weeks. I'm in Dooradoyle but not going to local school so not sure about their policy but I would ring and check it out. Maybe check their website, enrolement policy should be on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Mungret policy is very simple. Places are offered to the 90 eldest applicants and then if not taken up up the place is offered to next oldest etc.

What if means is if you don't get in this year you should get in next year, that's if you wanted to wait.

Never too early to apply to any school, helps them plan ahead, especially in schools that might be fearful of loosing a teacher due to small numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

They have applications in the Model for children who are 3 days old!!!!

Now thats organized for you or nothing else to worry about!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

They wont mind you asking. I had my three enrolled from the time they were a yr old. Call John Tuohy in St. Pauls (one of your options) and talk to him. You'll find he's quite amenable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement