Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Betting Thread - *Latest PPV Result Spoilers*

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Trying to decide if 13/8 is decent enough odds on Ryback to put some dosh on him :S

Do you really see them putting the belt on ryback?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Hell No.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

whats everyone thinking for tonight? I can't make my mind up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Must be a serious amount of people putting money on punk as they have suspended betting on him to win.

• Advertisement

Haven't do anything yet. Likely will go Punk, Hell No, Sheamus, Kofi.

Sheamus is the only one I'd be terrified of there. Avoiding Del Rio vs Orton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Anyone find gambling on wrestling profitable? Seems fraught with danger.

i think big show might win tonight and then ziggler will cash in on him and they will focus on him being cashed in on twice in a row (daniel bryan did last year i think), punk betting is back up have a feeling lesnar may interfere tonight. cant make up my mind over kofi or miz!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

CMpunked wrote: »
    Must be a serious amount of people putting money on punk as they have suspended betting on him to win.

Match fixing?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Ryback has surely become value at 11/5

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

show is the only value bet for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭scon86

i really think the rhodes scholars (i refuse to say team) are a great bet at 2/1

Anyone find gambling on wrestling profitable? Seems fraught with danger.

I've won money on 3 of the last 5 shows.

Ok, have done two bets....
    Punk, Hell No, Kofi, Sheamus. In other words, the favorites and the champions.

Also did Ryback and Show, in case they go for a weird show.

Survivor Series odds are up.

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/novelty-betting/sports-novelties/wwe

7/1 for Cena to win seems crazy odds imo...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Survivor Series odds are up.

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/novelty-betting/sports-novelties/wwe

7/1 for Cena to win seems crazy odds imo...

Well I can't see him winning it because they're not going to want another Rock v Cena match at the Royal Rumble.

It's surely set up for Punk to keep it until then.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Team Ziggler are good odds

Blatter wrote: »
    Well I can't see him winning it because they're not going to want another Rock v Cena match at the Royal Rumble.

It's surely set up for Punk to keep it until then.

Personally, I think they will want Rock vs Cena II eventually, and doing it at the Rumble means they aren't breaking the "Once in a Lifetime" angle as much as they would if it was a Mania rematch. Maybe it's Review-a-Raw talking, but I think having Punk lose the day before the anniversary of his run would be a good story. I think you could see Cena win the title before the Rumble, have Rock win it there, and then have Punk vs Rock at Mania that way...

I'd agree that Punk is more likely to retain, granted. I just think 7/1 is too out there for a Cena win...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Team Ziggler are good odds

agreed, there's so many ways for Team Foley to lose.

- Orton heel turn
    - Miz to be in cahoots with Ziggler
    - Hell No to turn on each other
    - Mark Henry return

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Was tempted to throw a few quid on Team Ziggler, Punk, and Show yesterday. Glad I didn't as I would have been proper pissed with the decision to award Show the match to be reversed.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭mickmc7

glenjamin wrote: »
    Was tempted to throw a few quid on Team Ziggler, Punk, and Show yesterday. Glad I didn't as I would have been proper pissed with the decision to award Show the match to be reversed.
    That's the exact bet I did. Paddy hasn't settled it yet which gives me hope!

• Advertisement

Once again, I get one win and one loss meaning I am pretty much covered :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Wow, 5/2 for a Cena win.

7/4 for Team Ryback win.

Sheamus 13/8.

PP is backing the heels...

EDIT: And 2/1 for Kofi to retain?

Jesus, there's some value to be had here in places... They haven't a single match where they don't have the heel as favorite, and WWE won't book a PPV with a clean sweep for the heels. So it's a matter of picking which match the face will win and lumping on that I think...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Wow, 5/2 for a Cena win.

7/4 for Team Ryback win.

Sheamus 13/8.

PP is backing the heels...

EDIT: And 2/1 for Kofi to retain?

Jesus, there's some value to be had here in places... They haven't a single match where they don't have the heel as favorite, and WWE won't book a PPV with a clean sweep for the heels. So it's a matter of picking which match the face will win and lumping on that I think...

Well I can't possibly see how Cena wins - he should be 10/1. The MITB contract is for the WHC, not the WWE title, which just gives it all away really. They won't waste their time on him winning that and entering a programme with the Smackdown champion, it just doesn't make any sense from a storyline or business perspective.

I'd never say never with Cena. It's a match between a guy who wins matches when he shouldn't and a guy who loses matches he shouldn't. I'm not saying I think Cena will win. Just I'm never surprised when it comes to the inept booking of Cena and Ziggler.

I still think it's a case of picking which face is going to win though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭scon86

sheamus and ziggler pays a little over 2/1. if the whc match is early in the card they should have sheamus win and get cashed in on by ziggler with ziggler winning. then ziggler thinks he does not have to have the match with cena as the mitb is gone but mcmahon makes him put the title on the line ziggler wins which ends the fued with cena and starts one with sheamus

kofi kingston and ziggler in a double at 3.67/1 looks a good bet to me might throw a 10er on this. rest of the matchs very unpredictable, especially in WWE when they are aloud "reverse" decisions after the match is over like in the last PPV match between show and sheamus.

scon86 wrote: »
    sheamus and ziggler pays a little over 2/1. if the whc match is early in the card they should have sheamus win and get cashed in on by ziggler with ziggler winning. then ziggler thinks he does not have to have the match with cena as the mitb is gone but mcmahon makes him put the title on the line ziggler wins which ends the fued with cena and starts one with sheamus

See, my worry is that this could be how they get the title onto Cena allowing them to move the belt into a bigger program heading into Mania. Have Ziggler cash in and win, and then Cena takes the title off him in the ladder match.

Now you have the potential to move towards Cena vs Sheamus or something similiar for Mania.

They also added Rey Cara vs Rhode Scholars now. Amazingly, that one they are backing the faces, when I think it's far more likely Rhode Scholars are winning that...

http://www.skybet.com/wrestling just saw skybet are doing betting on wrestling aswell incase anyone wants to get better odds!

• Advertisement

Argh. Had a bet of
    Kofi and Sheamus

So close :(

Advertisement