Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PW Betting Thread - *Latest PPV Result Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deano546

Batista is back to being favourite again on 5dimes.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

This is how crippling gambling addictions start young man :pac:

€10 says it's not.... Damn!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Got on Batista at 6/4

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Got on Batista at 6/4

Me too. Delighted with that price.

Why would the new age outlaws win the tag championships?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Rhodes brother split maybe ? Or at least an accidental loss for them, leading to full split during the rumble

Bookies usually right with these things, even if it may not appear to make sense

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The Dolphin Reddit guy says
    Batista wins

PLEASE consider other users when discussing this PLEASE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Batista was back in as massive odds on favourite last I checked.

Batista win means I recouped the cost of the PPV
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Had Reigns backed at 8/1.

Watching the final two was quite annoying.

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    Batista is currently 6/4 on PP I'm all over that! It feels like free money haha!

Free money it was too, thank you Paddy Power and thank you Vince for being so predictable!

Rybaxel are 12/1 while Cody & Goldust are 1/80. I was thinking maybe they start their break-up tonight leading to a brother vs brother match at Wrestlemania? PP are always right on this stuff though so I suppose it's not worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

The odds for all the favourites are very low for every match. Not worth the risk betting on them you'll make so little money

So very, very tempted to back "Bryan eliminated first" at 40/1.

Christian may seem obvious, but I've my doubts he'll even make the match. If they go Bryan/HHH, they'll want to screw him...

It's that or "Cena eliminated last" at 15/2

EDIT: Just realised it's a "free" PPV. So **** it. Five on both :P

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

J. Marston wrote: »
    Rybaxel are 12/1 while Cody & Goldust are 1/80. I was thinking maybe they start their break-up tonight leading to a brother vs brother match at Wrestlemania? PP are always right on this stuff though so I suppose it's not worth it.

Only thing about this is that would they really want to begin their break-up on a pre-show match? If it was on the main show, I'd certainly chance it. I fancy they might tease it on Raw the following night if anything.

Bray is favourite in the Cena match? Can't see Cena being a loser at the biggest Wrestlemania ever.

But, the bookies are always right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Bray is favourite in the Cena match? Can't see Cena being a loser at the biggest Wrestlemania ever.

Its not the biggest ever. Star power wise anyway

Three things:
    1. Bryan Alvarez says he heard Wyatt is going over. He seems to talk to members of the Creative team/roster.

2. This is the first match of a presumed feud.

3. Yes Cena is the lead babyface however Daniel Bryan winning the belt is nearly certain to be the main event and the thing that will send the fans home happy. So anything before the Daniel Bryan match doesn't really matter happiness wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

I'd love to take a punt on big nose winning the championship match at a price like 18/1. Ego intact then he can drop the belt 4 weeks later :-)

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/sports-novelties/wwe?ev_oc_grp_ids=1612724

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Are DQs and count-outs considered losses by bookies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Are DQs and count-outs considered losses by bookies?

yes

beakerjoe wrote: »
    yes

There you go so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Anyone who is familiar with bookmakers knows they always win and will not leave themselves hanging on a pre-determined result. Absolutely no way. You can take any of those favourites to the bank now barring a major change of heart by VM/Creative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Anyone who is familiar with bookmakers knows they always win and will not leave themselves hanging on a pre-determined result. Absolutely no way. You can take any of those favourites to the bank now barring a major change of heart by VM/Creative.

Not really, you can probably only get buttons on it and as usual Powers are betting it to pretty abysmal margins.

Its novelty, it means nothing to them bar cheap PR really, if they lose? So what, they will take 50 times the turnover on a horse race.

Eire-Dearg wrote: »

Not always. Typically find they get one result wrong every second show, so just a matter of working it out. That and finding bets worth value. Think I did pretty well out of Batista winning the rumble for instance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

6/1 Batista to win the title. I wouldn't like it but surely he wants the belt for the Guardians Of The Galaxy promo he'll be doing...

KingJamsie wrote: »
    6/1 Batista to win the title. I wouldn't like it but surely he wants the belt for the Guardians Of The Galaxy promo he'll be doing...

It's certainly worth a randy Orton punt on it.

It's certainly worth a randy Orton punt on it.

*boos*

• Advertisement

KingJamsie wrote: »
    *boos*

Are you saying boo or bootista?

Anywhere taking bets on the battle royale with cheese?

Boo to the bad joke about Orton/punt I'd imagine.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I just can't resist a set up like that.

Boo to the bad joke about Orton/punt I'd imagine.

I realised that. May I interest you in a pinch of sarcasm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Triple H is 10/1 to beat Bryan. I think that is worth a shot.

• Advertisement

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Triple H is 10/1 to beat Bryan. I think that is worth a shot.

Dunno, I can definitely see a double count-out leading to a fatal four way.

But Trips to win leading to HHH/Orton/Bootista? People would probably walk out during that main event!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

What bets are you guys doing? Totally out of the wrestling loop, havent watched a second in like 6 months, so need some guidance here!

Dunno, I can definitely see a double count-out leading to a fatal four way.

But Trips to win leading to HHH/Orton/Bootista? People would probably walk out during that main event!

Triple H to screw Bryan than Hogan adds Bryan to the main event anyway.

I realised that. May I interest you in a pinch of sarcasm?

Boo comment was made with good intentions, just a bit of craic :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Gawd was just looking at the prices on PP.

The pay out on Trips, Orton or Batista doing the business are reeeeeeeeeally high.

Is it a foregone conclusion that Bryan is victorious in each match. I'd nearly believe that Triple H could win and Hogan adds him to a four way. What is HHH 33/1 to win? Surely worth a euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Gawd was just looking at the prices on PP.

The pay out on Trips, Orton or Batista doing the business are reeeeeeeeeally high.

Is it a foregone conclusion that Bryan is victorious in each match. I'd nearly believe that Triple H could win and Hogan adds him to a four way. What is HHH 33/1 to win? Surely worth a euro.

Trips is 9/1 against Bryan and Bryan is 1/33 in the singles match. Might throw a fiver on HHH for that match.
    Are the odds 33/1 for HHH to walk out champ?

rovert wrote: »

Did anyone take a punt on those odds for Lesnar? Between that result, Cesaro and Cena there was good money to make if you legit knew the finishes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I think the odds were even better back in March when I first looked. Taker was 1/100 and lesnar was like 25/1.

Wonder did anyone take a punt. I have done it every other year but of course didn't this year lol

Meant to throw something on Lesnar for the hell of it, but due to starting work I completely forgot about Wrestlemania until last night at which point it was too late :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,973 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I got on Cena @4/1.

Dang someone got paid!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissmith/2014/04/07/gamblers-knew-the-undertaker-would-lose-at-wrestlemania-30/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
    Undertaker opened at -3000; in other words, you’d need to bet $3,000 just to win $100 on an Undertaker victory. That line later moved to -4000, and by Saturday afternoon was at -5000. Clearly nobody was expecting a loss to Lesnar, and Bovada wasn’t making it easy for bettors to win money off the “sure thing.”

But by 6:15 Sunday night? The Undertaker money line had surged the other way to -1200. The only explanation is that Bovada had a whole lot of action going Lesnar’s way. The line would float back to -3000 by 6:30, then down again to -2500 at 6:50.

undertaker-money-line.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 433 ✭✭Donegal Dan

Paddy Power's odds went from 1/100 to 1/50 and I seem to remember reading last night (though it was late and I was tired) that they went to 1/20 on Taker winning the match.

In Vegas Brock went from 40/1 to 9/1 and some reports say in certain markets he became the fav to win!

Something is not quite adding up here.

Lets take a look at those who had to know about the match's result in advance.

Taker
    Brock
    The ref
    Vince
    Triple H
    Steph
    Kevin Dunn

They are the definites. Now onto the maybes;

Paul Heyman. As good an actor as he is Ive a feeling that shock expression of Brock winning was genuine. If its not then someone give that man a payrise.

The commentators. The hushed silence by them after the result was eerie so Im presuming they were told to say nothing after the result and let the shock set in with everyone.

The foreign commentators. There's no way that standing ovation that all 3 teams gave Taker was improvised. Unless King stood up first and the rest followed.

Thats potentially about 15/16 people who had prior knowledge of the Streak ending or as little as four with Taker, Brock, the ref and Vince, depending on your point of view.

There are then possible variables like Taker telling his family and them telling friends etc.

So who leaked the result of the match to the bookies? I think that, if a substantial cash win comes out of this, that WWE may be put under the microscope for the wrong reasons.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Probably the same person who keeps starting all these new threads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

No one leaked it. Heyman definitely knew. Most bookies wont take over 100 on novelty bets like this.

• Site Banned Posts: 433 ✭✭Donegal Dan

D.Q wrote: »
    No one leaked it.

Why the sudden reversal by the bookies then?

• Advertisement
Advertisement