Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Betting Thread - *Latest PPV Result Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I'd argue some of the odds are favorable. The favorites have tiny odds but for a two horse race some bets offering great odds ATM. Tempted to throw a good bit on Miz.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Can't see Miz winning; between his attempted-murder on Punk last week and his complete inability to get over despite Flair's backing, I think that's all Cesaro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Henry at 3/1 is tasty? Can't see anyone pinning him bar an impressive RKO which isn't really helpful...

Just saw this is on Sky Sports so I'm up 20€ already :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Just saw this is on Sky Sports so I'm up 20€ already :D
    Seen what?

Edit: oh it's on sky? Brilliant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

10er on mark henry at 11/2 on skybet

Henry (3/1) and Swagger (6/4) are good bets imo. Provided Ziggles doesn't cash in, then I don't think Jericho will win it.

Every other match has stupid odds. Why even bother giving odds if you're going to put the favorite as 1/12?

Didn't bother going after anything last night in the end. Was disappointed I didn't follow my gut and back Swagger; as soon as I saw the promo before the match, I had a strong feeling he was going to win :/

Wonder if anyone profited on The Shield.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

The prediction thread now has me wishing I'd put on a few bets. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20 I guess.

I think Mania will be a very fun show.

Outside of Taker and Cena, there's going to be a lot of matches that are hard to call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Mania betting up

http://www.oddschecker.com/tv/wwe/wrestlemania-xxix/wwe-title

4/9 is pretty big for HHH

will also have a small punt on Punk at 8/1

Corals are allowing multiples btw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Punk has no chance of winning. The streak is sacrosanct.

I put big money on taker the last year. Thought it was money for jam.

I'd worry that if I lumped money on Taker winning, he'd lose just so I'd be down a fortune

EDIT: Thought PP have him as 1/25, so even lumping on is pointless.

Rock at 7/1 looks value to me; IF he's going to be at Extreme Rules, they may leave the belt on him for one more month. The mark in me wants to do a Rock/Brock double so they have those two set up to fight at Extreme Rules. Double is 28/1.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Thinking about doing a double with Cena and Taker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Thinking about doing a double with Cena and Taker
    You're not going to make much on them.

glenjamin wrote: »
    You're not going to make much on them.
    I love how Boyles have Ziggler and Langston down as Biggy & Ziggy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Punk has no chance of winning. The streak is sacrosanct.

he wanted to have Angle break the streak in '06, and is supposed to want to use it to put someone over, just a case of if it's now or later, and is worth a punt at the price

I've been doing decent over the last few weeks (€5 into €180, back down to €110) so have some money to have fun with.

So Bet #1.

Dream bet.

Rock, Brock, Fandagoo & Ryback to win. €2.50 returns €125

There has to be some heels that win at Mania, so one from the likes of Rock, Lesnar, and Swagger should be a good shout.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Rock and Punk double!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Any tasty paddy power bets there? I havent really been following wrestling that much lately.

• Advertisement

Tinie wrote: »
    Any tasty paddy power bets there? I havent really been following wrestling that much lately.

As time goes on, there's less and less value on favorites.

The main way I find money is to be made now is in the fact that the faces are usually the favorites, and thus it's trying to guess which heel will upset the odds and be the "shock" of the night.

Rock on 7/1 is my current favorite for "shock of the night" at those odds...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I had a look on paddy power there, 2 quid each on rock, brock and punk winning and 10.00 on a treble would net you almost 1500 quid, it'd be worth taking a punt on the 3 of them and the 3 "predictable" ones of cena,taker and hhh and you'd prob break more or less even? I cant see all three faces or heels winning though, may two of each or one of the other alright, but which one?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭ConorD21

Anyone doing accumalators? Thinking of doing one but also putting on a sneaky one of rock , brock and ryback ( ryback for the safety of the bet ) , anyone else doing anything?

whats the story with accumulators, if one doesnt win you lost everything?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭ConorD21

Yeah , everyone you pick has to win otherwise you dont win money

ConorD21 wrote: »
    Yeah , everyone you pick has to win otherwise you dont win money

been messing around with various bets there, 2 quid on rock, ryback and brock and a tenner on a triple would get you 228 quid.

the same bet on punk, rock and brock would get you over a grand :pac:

LOL, if Rock, Brock, Punk, Swagger, Henry, the Rhode Scholars, Jericho and Team Hell no all won, a 26 euro bet would net you 300 GRAND. It'd nearly be worth it :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

krudler wrote: »
    LOL, if Rock, Brock, Punk, Swagger, Henry, the Rhode Scholars, Jericho and Team Hell no all won, a 26 euro bet would net you 300 GRAND. It'd nearly be worth it :pac:
    That's how betting works.

If you want, you could give me the 26 quid, and I'll pay out 500 grand if it wins? :D

• Advertisement

Tinie wrote: »
    That's how betting works.

Indeed, there's a few "safe" bets but knowing my luck i'll get them all wrong :pac:

Advertisement