Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Betting Thread - *Latest PPV Result Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Undertaker now 1/14...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

My guess is that someone had done up the odds originally based on appearances/wins over the last few years and that.
    But with so many (i assume) betting for taker they have started to realise that maybe the betters know something they dont.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Nah, I'm pretty sure that Paddy Power will have someone quite knowledgeable doing their odds. They've then adjusted to the market lumping on Undertaker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Obviously the Undertaker should win to get to 20-0, but...

If they are ever going to end the streak, wouldn't HHH be one of the most likely to do it? And I can't see them going at it for a 4th time so it's surely now or never.

That slight seed of doubt means there's no way I'd bet on Taker at those odds.

Nah. The whole Hbk thing has convinced me Taker is winning. A special ref means a shakey ending and they wont end the streak on a dodgy ending...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

So the max we can put on an accumulator bet is 140 right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Alaska1

FutureGuy wrote: »
    1000 on a treble for Cena, Punk and Sheamus returns 3500.

Problem free money????

You can only bet max 140e.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

The limit is €140 per bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Alaska1

Yep.

But those matches or at least 1 are primed for a screwy finish.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Wow, 140 it is.

I'll happily put that on Cena and Sheamus to win!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Taker back out to 1/7, those who backed Taker @ 2/5 must be backing HHH to lock in a profit

Whats the best way to bet on this? Go into a bricks and mortar shop or online with card/paypal?

CMpunked wrote: »
    Whats the best way to bet on this? Go into a bricks and mortar shop or online with card/paypal?

No difference tbh. Online just means you don't have to go outside.

Oh and it will take three days for the money to into your account when you withdraw your winnings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

not sure I could handle the embarrassment of walking into a bookies and looking to place a bet on wrestling

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Probably online as depending on the shop/staff it might be more hassle then it's worth. Although I'm sure that's what they want.

These bets can only be singles so you can't do doubles/trebles/accumulators etc.

Wish I'd gotten Taker at 2/5.

Orim wrote: »
    Probably online as depending on the shop/staff it might be more hassle then it's worth. Although I'm sure that's what they want.

These bets can only be singles so you can't do doubles/trebles/accumulators etc.

Wish I'd gotten Taker at 2/5.

You can combine the bets now.

When the betting started you could only do singles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

They've added the Divas match now, Maria and Kelly are 1/3, Beth and Eve 2/1.

Sheamus and Orton are both 1/4 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

I would say go into a shop. You won't have the hassle of opening up an account, entering credit card details, trying to withdraw your cash when you do win (Bookies like you to keep all your winnings in your bookies account)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,753 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Charisteas wrote: »
    I would say go into a shop. You won't have the hassle of opening up an account, entering credit card details, trying to withdraw your cash when you do win (Bookies like you to keep all your winnings in your bookies account)

I set up an account for the 1st time ever last week (for cheltenham) and I was impressed by how easy it was. As long as you have a credit card it only takes 2 minutes.

I set my account up at 3pm, 20 mins before the gold cup, stuck 20 quid on 'synchronize' and 25 mins later I was up 90 quid. Happy days.

The 3-4 days to get in back in your account is the only downside though ...

edit -you dont have to have a credit card by the way, you can use a visa-debit, laser and a few other options like paypal I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

I set up an account for the 1st time ever last week (for cheltenham) and I was impressed by how easy it was. As long as you have a credit card it only takes 2 minutes.

I set my account up at 3pm, 20 mins before the gold cup, stuck 20 quid on 'synchronize' and 25 mins later I was up 90 quid. Happy days.

The 3-4 days to get in back in your account is the only downside though ...

edit -you dont have to have a credit card by the way, you can use a visa-debit, laser and a few other options like paypal I think

Just beware, banks frown upon people using debit/ laser and credit cards.
    People have been refused loans and mortgages due to betting activity on these cards.

• Advertisement

Just beware, banks frown upon people using debit/ laser and credit cards.
    People have been refused loans and mortgages due to betting activity on these cards.

Not a few quid here or there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,753 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Really ?
    Well my once a year bet on the grand national and so on will hardly matter but that's good to know.

My bank manager is a massive wrestling fan so I'm sure he'll be okay with it. :D

Paddy Power are the largest financial institution in Ireland. Most of Paddy Power's trade is now through telephone or online betting on credit or debit cards. If you're not spending all of your wages topping up your PP account on payday then you'll be fine.

The GM match and Divas match are now up for betting, favoring Johnny and Team Barbies.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Lads get an O2 money card or similar if using online betting. It will be frowned upon unfortunately :mad:

Skybet also getting in on the act http://www.skybet.com/wrestling

Would a paypal account not just be as good?

So i finally find a use for my useless AIB debit card and I cant use it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Threw €50 on Taker, Team Johnny, Maria/Kelly and Orton at 2/1. And €20 on the same bet plus Cody, Punk, and Sheamus at 19/2.

Team Teddy are winning that match. Have heels ever won the big multiman random tag matches at Wrestlemania?

I reckon Teddy will win in controversial circumstances and then Johnny will take control of both shows after the next PPV.

• Advertisement

Hmm it won't let me include the Team Johnny/Teddy match in any multiples.

Or the Diva's match.

Advertisement