Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Betting Thread - *Latest PPV Result Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Don't think it's the sort of feud that will continue post Mania. Johnny will become joint GM. There would be no point in Long bossing both especially Raw. Johnny adds more to storylines and is a better character than tag team addicted Long.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Hmm it won't let me include the Team Johnny/Teddy match in any multiples.

Or the Diva's match.

You have to go into one of the shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

glenjamin wrote: »
    Don't think it's the sort of feud that will continue post Mania. Johnny will become joint GM. There would be no point in Long bossing both especially Raw. Johnny adds more to storylines and is a better character than tag team addicted Long.

Yes he is and yes Johnny will surely ultimately run both shows. I very much doubt that the faces will lose that match on Sunday though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

William Hill are also offering odds on Mania. Undertaker 1/6

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Put a fiver on an accumulator of Taker, Cena, Bryan, Rhodes and Punk.

Threw Bryan in instead of Sheamus to bring the odds up. Potential return of 90 euro but for the sake of a fiver, it's a bit of a laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

One of Sheamus' relatives could potentially win a lot of money betting on his match. Particularly if Bryan is due to defend his title at 9/4.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Yes he is and yes Johnny will surely ultimately run both shows. I very much doubt that the faces will lose that match on Sunday though.

There has to be a heel win somewhere on the card. Everyone predicting all face victories. Could see Team Johnny winning by cheating but Team Teddy getting the upper hand after the match - the cobra on Laurinitis and a few others things like that.

Does anyone know what would happen if I put on an accumulator but one of the matches ends in a draw?

Will the bet be lost or will the drawn match be removed from the accumulator?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Since there's no draw option then it will be removed from the accum, and if you win you'll be paid on the remaining matches

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Put a fiver on an accumulator of Taker, Cena, Bryan, Rhodes and Punk.

Threw Bryan in instead of Sheamus to bring the odds up. Potential return of 90 euro but for the sake of a fiver, it's a bit of a laugh.

Looking at Cena, Taker, Bryan and Show. 5 on gets 55 back. Bryan is my biggest worry though; it seems too obvious he'll lose, and he gets great odds on the acc, but still....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Super-Rush wrote: »
    No difference tbh. Online just means you don't have to go outside.

Oh and it will take three days for the money to into your account when you withdraw your winnings.

FYI

One online bet shouldnt make a difference but...................

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/pricewatch/2009/03/04/online-gamblers-should-not-bet-on-securing-a-mortgage/

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Done something so stupied but its Wrestlemania
    put 50 euro on Team Johnny (will get 64 back if win)
    put 25 euro on Team Long (will get 81 back if win)

TEAM LONG PLEASE WIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

PTH2009 wrote: »

TEAM LONG PLEASE WIN.

So you've bet €75 to win €6 or lose €11?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I bet the bookies were delighted with that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Degag wrote: »

TEAM LONG PLEASE WIN.

At least ill get the cost of the inital bet bacl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

Degag wrote: »

TEAM LONG PLEASE WIN.

At least ill get the cost of the inital bet bacl

Not if team Johnny win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Thinking about a €5 double with Jericho and Rock for interest

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

What is the idea in a double? Like is the amount (say a fiver) split between the two but you only get the winnings if both win?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

CMpunked wrote: »
    What is the idea in a double? Like is the amount (say a fiver) split between the two but you only get the winnings if both win?

More or less but you get an improvement to the odds over two single bets at €2.50 a pop.

Orim wrote: »
    More or less but you get an improvement to the odds over two single bets at €2.50 a pop.

Ok now i'm really confused:
    119475?AWSAccessKeyId=0R7FMW7AXRVCYMAPTPR2&Expires=1333283475&Signature=quKcikq7G3RW9xtv7iAquBQBUaE%3D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Right, I'll try to explain better.

Lets say you have two matches and both of them are 4 to 1.

You could put a fiver on each match and if they both won then you would get €50 quid back. But you could also get €25 back if only one won.

If you put a tenner on both of them as a double then you would get say €70 back if they both won. Of course the downside is that if one loses then you get nothing.

EDIT : Treble is the same as a double. I'm not sure but Patent and Trixie sound like those fancy bets that the bookies use to rob people.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,276 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Any streams that will be showing this live for free tonight?

Orim wrote: »
    Right, I'll try to explain better.

Lets say you have two matches and both of them are 4 to 1.

You could put a fiver on each match and if they both won then you would get €50 quid back. But you could also get €25 back if only one won.

If you put a tenner on both of them as a double then you would get say €70 back if they both won. Of course the downside is that if one loses then you get nothing.

EDIT : Treble is the same as a double. I'm not sure but Patent and Trixie sound like those fancy bets that the bookies use to rob people.

They have the matches as "draw, no bet" so would that mean IF cena and rock ends in a double dq i get nothing if i use the treble?

I'm going to go with a fiver double on sheamo and orton and the same separate double on taker and cena.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭The Showstopper

Undertaker was 1/8 yesterday but is 1/4 today. Who the hell is backing HHH?

I think I read in a case of a draw, the match is removed from the grouping and the odds revert back to just the single match.

I need all five results to go the way I wanted in order to turn my €5 to €80; one wrong result, and it's gone :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Undertaker was 1/14 last week.

I have a double on Cena and Undertaker worked out at 1.07/1

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

What you got to remember the stakes you can are low so the people backing hhh are only betting very small and are probably doing what is known in the industry as speculative bets. Powers won't be losing to much money here lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Punters who had earlier backed Taker at decent odds and now wanting to lock-in a guaranteed profit.

Ok i stuck on a tenner double on taker and cena, and a triple on punk/orton/sheamo.

I have a feeling punk is gonna screw me over on that one.

• Advertisement

I didn't get to read it, but there was apparently a pretty bad article in one of the betting sections of a paper yesterday giving out about Mania bets. Apparently it said its stupid, cause all you have to do is put money on the good guys who are definitly going to win :rolleyes:

Advertisement