Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leaving cert advice

• 26-03-2012 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

just at the end of 5th year now and iv done so little this year iv gone done from all higher to all ordinary now im committed to getting my self back up to higher anyone any advice on what it will take over the summer and from now till then
    btw i do geography business history biology English maths

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8 RyanCCFC

cdremix wrote: »
    just at the end of 5th year now and iv done so little this year iv gone done from all higher to all ordinary now im committed to getting my self back up to higher anyone any advice on what it will take over the summer and from now till then
    btw i do geography business history biology English maths

What about languages are you doing ordinary in them as well?

I wouldn't advise you to study over the summer. The Leaving Certificate is a hard run. You need to rest before it starts otherwise you'd go mad.

You can make up for History. I'd advise you to buy a revision book to help you when you get back. They can be very helpful. Just keep studying topics and stay on top of what you'll be doing in class. Make sure to have your research topic done as soon as possible, leave you with more time to study.

For English read over your texts and poets. Look over your notes (find some online or off your friends if you don't have your own) See who comes up this year in poets. You need to study five to be guaranteed one. Practice questions.

Maths will take a lot of hard work. You might want to look into getting a grind if you can. I'm not sure what advise I can give because your paper one will be different to the one I'll be doing this year. But, my biggest advice is after you do a question in class, take down the answer and try it yourself at home.

I did very little work in 5th year and I regret, but I have worked my ass off this year trying to catch up. I managed 400 points in my mocks so don't lose hope. Work hard until the end of the year. Just make sure to rest in the summer and give it your best shot when you go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 cooranig23

Business is not difficult, it really is a very do-able subject definitely do Higher
    level in that

Maths.. their now giving bonus points just for doing Higher level

Irish.. they have changed the course so it's now easier than before

If you nothing at least do Higher level in Business .. it's not like higher level maths or Physics.. if you look back at previous exam questions you can almost predict the questions..

Question one in the long questions is very predictable because there's only so much they can ask..

The HR question is straight forward too..
    they give you 20marks just for a simple definition of Human Resource management

parts of the paper are really basic and once you just learn it you'll do well

It was my best and favourite subject

• Registered Users Posts: 24 sarahm1994

Biology is totally possible to do well in too. the questions repeat constantly so you just have to cram and try to swallow your book basically! Lots of frequent revision and note taking and you'll be ok! :)

Advertisement